how to teach the TS to distinguish between FLET and TREND??? - page 4

Richie писал(а) >> There aren't any.

Well, you never know..... maybe the topiker has some?

Eh! He's always been so utilitarian. But here he sticks his practical snout into a theoretical line.
My only hope is the LHC. Maybe it'll save me from embarrassment. )))))
===
That's it. That's flubbing. Although it does sound strange in this thread.

Richie >>:

Их нет.

Well, of course. The only thing they're good for is...

Svinozavr писал(а) >>

Well, of course. But what good are they...

If they're useless, they're useless.

Richie >>:

Нет толку - значит их нет.

??? Logical voluntarism! )))

There are few things with a clear definition that don't make sense. One thing has nothing to do with the other.

Teach the TS to be an investor, i.e. work on W1.
If there is a flat/trend problem, then the TS is set for casual earnings.

Richie >>:

Завтра будет тренд. Вниз.

Thanks for that. You've given me a reason. I've been wanting to say something for a long time, but somehow there was no clear-cut reason.

It seems to me, in order to get things moving on the subject of trend-flat definitions, we just need to be very clear from the start that since trend

(as well as a flat) are entities extending in time, it is impossible to say they exist at a specific point in time. For example "now".

If we stop pestering another person trying to define the past (completed or not) trend with questions such as:

"How do you prove that it will go further...?", things may take a constructive turn.

Summary: it is worth focusing on the "rules" (what kind of answer is expected), and defining the boundaries of "possibility/impossibility" of such definitions.

Mathemat >>:
А тем временем avatara уже создал системку по мотивам контекста, понимаемого по-своему, и уже давно стрижет капусту :)

If only! I don't have the spirit.
Cutting my hair in my mind for now...
"Academicism" must be contagious.

;)

MetaDriver >>:
Резюме: стоит заострить внимание на "регламенте" (какого рода ожидается ответ), и определиться с границами "возможности/невозможности" таких определений.

I'm impressed by Alexey's idea that trend/float are relative - depending on the target (time horizon).

Therefore, we should probably identify ourselves with the targets.

Small targets - small TF. Then crashes are less frequent, and the frequency of withdrawal of bribes is higher.

Retail in short...

;)

Maybe this isn't the right time, but perhaps the thread should be renamed "how to separate flats from floods?", as many people on this forum do...