[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 412

Conclusion, the flies flying in the flask will not be able to lift it, because the driving force of flies is the air under their wings, so that the air from the wings of flies lifted the flask, it must be between the flask and the table, by the condition there is no such a possibility, so the flask will not fly even if you put a small jet engine in it, let alone flies :)

I disagree with the conclusion. The fly is repelled by the air, the air is repelled by the walls of the bulb. When the fly takes off from the ceiling and moves towards the floor, the impact of the wings on the air will be transmitted to the ceiling and the fly will fly down and the bulb up.

This "lifting force" will cause the fly to fly down and hit the bottom of the flask with all its might (and that's not just one fly, but one and a half kilos of flies!). The flask cannot endure and jumps down. But this will be in the flight of the flask.

However, it will move strangely - from the point of view of an outsider...

Has anyone observed the movement of a funnel of water, an object moves because it rotates, in fact not even an object, water in water )), maybe flies should also start flying in circles, and shift the centre of rotation a bit )))

drknn:
I disagree with the conclusion. The fly is repelled by the air, the air is repelled by the walls of the bulb. When the fly takes off from the ceiling and moves towards the floor, the impact of the wings on the air will be transmitted to the ceiling and the fly will fly down and the bulb up.

in the doldrums, sailors on a sailing ship were forced to blow their sails hard, and as a result the ships moved forward :)

I know for a fact that flies can make the flask rotate relative to their centre of mass.

I had the option of the flies clinging to the bottom with their paws - and trying to rise. but the air pressure, still balanced.

somehow ))

Is that a snowman, the view from above?

sergeev:

I know for a fact that flies can make the flask rotate relative to their centre of mass.

I had the option of the flies clinging to the bottom with their paws - and trying to rise. but the air pressure, still balanced.

If you put the flask spinning horizontally, but it will still stand horizontally until the centrifugal force holding it down weakens.

So what does that mean? spinning the bulb to an awesome frequency? It does nothing.