[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 407

Mischek:

As a representative of the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, I propose to change the terms of the problem and replace the bull with a Sorento

Did the pig snout come out with his mask and grunt?

As always on the topic of the forum - about the MTS...

And so 5K times.

;)

Dersu:

I personally consider your claims to be valid only for the first option.

I agree . But let us look together at the second option. For the bull the time will be constantly flowing and only the pictures around him will change, the surrounding world will either speed up or slow down. This could introduce

an innocent animal into bewilderment and damage his consciousness and intelligence. And if the Sorento is in its place, for a number of reasons it will no longer be worse off, it is already its permanent state and worldview.

Excuse me, the intellect of a bull?

Dersu:
Excuse me, the intelligence of a bull?

Of course it is. He's not a vegetable.

Mischek:

Of course. He's not a vegetable.

I looked it up. I agree. You think he'll move? I'm not worthy to bear the proud name of nerd.

Still, Dersu, let's clarify the terms.

1. In what limits may the mass of the bull be changed? Can it become negative or complex? Does it change instantaneously - or with some finite, albeit very high speed?

2. What is the force holding the cowboy and the bull together? Please, in newtons. Well, you can also do it in kilograms-force, whatever...

3 As for changing the time, it is not original anymore. What difference does it make to change the time or the mass of the bull?

1. In addition, in order to ensure the universality of the solution, I propose to consider a tensor force field instead of a vector force applied pointwise. Consider separately the cases of potential and vortex fields.

Fuck knows. It's evening. What if the time is stretched with increasing mass?

Dersu:

Fuck knows. It's evening. What if the time is stretched with increasing mass?

Well, it doesn't depend on weight. By convention, with the change in mass, the size of the bull and what the man is holding on to does not change.

From the point of view of mechanics, the force acting on a body is the time derivative of its momentum F = dp/dt. Thus, if we assume that when the time scale changes dt->dt' = k*dt the applied force does not change, we must assume that the body's inertia changes by the same factor: dp->dp' = k*dp. Thus, stretching time twice is equivalent to weighting the body twice, and vice versa.

This effect is intuitively familiar to everyone by watching old silent movies at modern film speed - due to time compression, objects visually seem less inert.