[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 24

Mathemat >>:

Неа, во все стороны. Пока возмущение воздуха от крылышек дойдет до стенки, оно успеет дойти и до всех остальных стенок.

You are misled by the proportions and dimensions

In general I like Swetten, who has thrown her task into a crowd of men, and is now watching this dump with a chuckle. :-)

Enough with the flies. I have to solve this kind of problem every day in my line of work (I mean mechanics) :)

Here's the challenge.

Two people are walking along the river. There is a boat by the shore. How will the people get to the opposite bank if the boat can fit only one person?

Yurixx >>:

Пробовал. Это мое любимое занятие. Получается забежать наверх значительно быстрее (особенно в СПб), чем если тупо стоять на том, что едет вверх.

Yuri, you're like a graviton! And why build the Large Hadron Collider? It cost 5 trillion euros of money and 20 years. You could have had Yuri on the escalator.

Yurixx >>:

1. Абсолютно правильно. Однако не забывай - и воздух весит и сила Архимеда действует (причем не только на воздух внутри, но и на самолет и мух).

2. Оопс ... А почему же тогда, когда они перестают махать своими крыльями они падают вниз, а не во все стороны ? :-)

I gave the example of the boy with the balloon above ....

Mathemat писал(а) >>

2 Richie: What does a flying plane have to do with it?

Yes, the mass does not change, but it is redistributed within the system. That means the weight must change too.

Imagine that there is a small helicopter inside the Ruslan plane, which is "hovering" inside the plane. The weight does not change.

joo писал(а) >>

Enough with the flies. I have to deal with tasks like this every day in my line of work (I mean mechanics) :)

Here's the task.

Two people are walking along the river. There is a boat by the shore. How will the people get to the opposite bank, if the boat can fit only one person?

They go by different banks, so there is no problem.

Mathemat писал(а) >>

Nope, in all directions. By the time the air disturbance from the wings reaches the wall, it has time to reach all the other walls.

Alexei, have you ever stood under a working helicopter propeller. And behind a propeller plane with engines running?

A ton of flies in the cabin of an aircraft can create such a downward flow of air that not even ProfFarnsworth can stand there. :-0

joo >>:

Хорош про мух. Подобные задачи мне каждый день приходится решать (я про механику) :)

Вот задача.

Вдоль реки идут два человека. Возле берега стоит лодка. Как перебратся людям на противоположный берег, если в лодке может поместится один человек?

One to the boat, the boat to the plane, the plane to the escalator, there's a Mathemat around the corner with a gun without gunpowder and scales ...I'm not done for the day

Yuri, we're talking about flies, not helicopters. They'll be smaller, and the disturbance from their wings will go evenly in all directions. Especially since there's a ton of them. Statistics...