Once again, about MQL localisation - page 2

Azzx >> :

English speakers have a disadvantage, not an advantage. Because when I scroll through the programme in my head - no it's not an "if" but a very abstract concept.

I see what you are for my position, you just didn't read the text carefully :o)

>> (that's why non-English ones have an advantage) happens.

lea >> :

Nothing else to do but translate variable names! I'm going to program, not sit around with a dictionary to publish the source code.

Do I force you? No. You are not interested in it, but some people may find it interesting and useful. So why not give them the opportunity?

lea >> :

Lack of localisation contributes to the understanding of code by programmers who do not know your language. Therefore against.

It is important that the editor does not impose the language but allows you to choose.

Urain >> :

I realise you're for my position, you just didn't read the text carefully :o)

(that's why non-English speakers have an advantage) happens.

+1

The topic, oddly enough, is quite a sore subject for me for personal reasons. :)

Azzx >> :

I'd kill you - honestly! I hate this kind of "localization".

I'll say it again: you don't need it - don't use it and save your cartridges or rope (whatever you're going to...) :))

we're talking about those who need it. you have the option NOT to use it, while we have the option not to use it. catch the difference? ;)

Urain >> :

I've been writing Cyrillic code for a long time and never realized that reserved words also need to be translated (second nature habit).

>> and for a long time I look at all-russian-language 1C codes and feel envy - you read and do not strain, because you think the same way you write.

ForexTools писал(а) >>

It is important that the editor does not impose the language, but gives you the opportunity to choose.

I remember, about 5 years ago I also wanted a russian-language turbo pascal. In vb I wrote a simple parser to replace the keywords, etc. During debugging (I wrote several test programs) I realized the silliness of the idea.

no matter how you look at it, localisation will raise the MQL rating... unequivocally... I can even see the slogan "... housewives will now be able to write trading software...", but will it be worth it... that's the question... There's no localization, and the programmer won't be able to start it ... If you don't like it, you'll never get out of the localization and won't have to worry about the consequences.

there won't be any localisation. definitely not... the consequences of such a step are too great... one question "on Codebase" will already make the developers not even want to consider it ...

DDFedor >> :

no matter how you look at it, localisation will raise the MQL rating... unequivocally... I can even see the slogan "... now even housewives will be able to.......

And you're right! Localization will raise the rating of MQL, but not because housewives will be able to, but because it will be easier for developers to explain (how things are done and why they work this way and that way) to customers who don't have a clue about programming, but have a head on their shoulders. Imagine a conversation:

Here you have written in the TOR to open an order if the value of the MA indicator becomes greater than.... Look - everything works as you have written:

ЗначениеИндикатораМА = iMA(......);

если (ЗначениеИндикатораМА > ЗаданныйУровеньМА) ОткрытьОрдер(.....

And the customer will understand it faster and easier, and you will work with him with less stress for yourself.

One question "according to Codebase" will make the developers not even consider this question...

What's wrong with the Codebase?! There are several MQL-forums in different languages - what's wrong with them?

If you are an author who will think about what he is doing for others (in a code base) and format it in their style, or just write in Bourgeois. And in the codebase itself will appear another parameter - localization (no big deal ;) ).

Besides, it's a really cool additional marketing tool to promote a product on the market. Who has a trading platform? - Lots of them do! Which of them have it with a built-in programming language? - The "elite". And who has everything working in their own language? - Only us! And I hope it's this motive that will be the most compelling to the MC.

maybe this example will help you that i mean: imagine a manufacturer of electric drills. all have long known and used its products and praised it. all the holes drill - only with it. while there were brick houses - all was fine. but now came the concrete. and masters are now forced to buy a separate hammer and drag along two iron. do you think if the company will offer a drill with a hammer attachment - it will be good for workers and for the company sales ....

i ask for the same - "make a drill bit". those who do not need it will not have to lug it around and those who doubted what to buy - they will come to you and bring their money to you as well. and why? because you have made it convenient for those who were not your customers. the basics .....