Who remembers Herostratus? And Netrebka? - page 4

Urain >> :

The main idea of Krylov's fable in general is object-oriented:

"it is possible to raise one's importance at the expense of a more significant object in public contact with it".

You can try to raise, in your own eyes, your own importance by having a more significant object in public contact with it !

Mischek >> :

Approach a cigarette salesman ending a non-existent dialogue on a broken phone with the words

- boss, either you give me double my salary or I'm throwing away your gift.

After a brief pause, the phone goes in the nearest bucket.

>> you give me a carton of cigarettes or I'll rip your left ear off right now.

Rest assured, I can play the gesture. I'll find something to say and who to say it to. And then I will do it. After that, I'll ask for cigarettes in a mundane voice. (No, no... Those blue ones. Yes, light.)

You mean a carton of cigarettes. What's the pleasure of a pittance compared to the pleasure of a grand gesture? Herostratus did not set fire to the temple of Artemis for warmth.

Mischek >> :
Krylov must have flipped more than once.

Nicho, schoolchildren turn him over more often in class.

I don't have the energy to read so many flubber pages.

Explain to me what I'm supposed to say in this thread.

If I have to shit on neuroba, I'll do my best.

HideYourRichess >> :

The narrator may be wrong in his estimations. So why should the reader follow the author's misconceptions? Why do we need screenshots from a demo account, we need the investment-password, from a real account, and not for one month, but as it should be.

Maybe we are also trying to confirm the author's credibility, so we either accept the idea or consider it,

or with the stamp "from a verified source", so authorities are born.

It is generally better not to believe anyone at all, but then you cannot cope with the volume of information.

By the way, if the data is moved to the verified folder, the chain of trustworthiness is built from it,

and revising an old true datum into the "untrue" folder will lead to a huge revision of the whole concept based on that datum.

Mischek >> :

Approach a cigarette salesman ending a non-existent dialogue on a broken phone with the words

- boss, either you give me double my salary or I'm throwing away your gift.

After a brief pause, the phone goes in the nearest bucket.

>> to the salesman, either you give me a carton of cigarettes or I'll rip your left ear off right now.

And then new Kryloff, who heard this episode from a witness in the fifth degree, will write an ingenious fable describing such... uh... New Russians (or quasi-middle class), exposing them in passing.

And the descendants, as always, will consider that they understood the author of the fable very well. But in fact neither the author nor even a witness in the first degree have understood it: Svinozavr just wanted to fuck himself.

P.S. And the mose - he might have been barking at the elephant on business: a couple of weeks ago this good bastard kicked his paw in.

Urain >> :

Maybe we also try to verify the author's credibility, so that we either accept the idea or acknowledge it as "from a verified source".

that's how authorities are born. Generally it is better not to believe anybody but then one cannot cope with the volume of information.

By the way if the data are moved into the folder "checked" then chains of plausibility are built from them, and the reconsideration of the old truthful given in the folder "unreliable" will lead to the enormous reconsideration of the whole concept based on the given.

There is such a problem. There is no doubt about it. The basics are reviewed regularly, otherwise where is the progress coming from?

bank >> :

I don't have the energy to read so many flubber pages.

Explain to me what I'm supposed to say in this thread.

>> if you want to shit on neurobe, I'll do my best.

Nah, don't shit in here.

♪ pig-saurus is planning on getting rid of a broken phone ♪

There's an option to just "trade" it in for a carton of cigarettes

But he's leaning towards trading the device for a sip of endorphins

Also Krylov's fables....

Mathemat >> :

And then new Kryloff, who heard this episode from a witness in the fifth degree, will write an ingenious fable describing such... uh... new Russians, exposing their guts.

Eh! Kryloff was educated, he heard the story in French at all. Some accuse him of plagiarism, some claim a creative reimagining. And some say a remake!

Interesting that:

La Fontaine is less of all a moralist and, in any case, his morals are not lofty; he teaches a sober view of life, the ability to take advantage of circumstances and people, and constantly draws the triumph of the clever and cunning over the simple-minded and kind; there is absolutely no sentimentality in him - his characters are those who know how to arrange their fate. Already Rousseau, and after him, and Lamartine, expressed doubts: how useful are the fables by La Fontaine to children, don't they accustom the reader to the inevitability of vice in the world that does not know pity? Especially categorical on this point Zhukovsky has spoken: "Do not look in his fables to moral - it does not exist! Sometimes the moral of the Fables is compared to the precepts of Epicurus- the need for moderation and a wisely unperturbed attitude to life.

Lafontaine, is the author of the originals for some of Krylov's fables.