Who remembers Herostratus? And Netrebka?

I wonder myself more and more...

Wasting my time identifying crooks.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

Enlightenment?

Doesn't seem to be...

I suggest that everyone who reads should post here!

and not in the threads where the issues are discussed... according to the title of the threads! ;)

And THINKING ABOUT OUR THEME - why is netrebka already a NAME!

On the internet, there's ranking. Everyone is quoted here. Google puts it on a special list!

And if you don't know Russian, but just follow the links - significant meter... however!

And I still don't understand the pithy Russian words 'proshvost' and 'procheluga'.

That's probably not important.

Who knows? ;)

Delusional comrade. Neither Yandex nor google knows who Netrebka is =) Not to mention creating entire lists for him )))))

Skymaster >> :
You are delirious comrade. Neither Yandex nor Google know who Netrebka is =) Not to mention create whole lists for him )))))

I can't believe it.)

>> Netrebka is the only difference between you and Nirobka!

The first one hit!

Everyone remembers Herostratus. Few remember what he burned. Everyone knows the name of the dog barking at the elephant. What was the elephant's name? - NO IDEA.

There is no justice now or in the historical perspective. (Do you want a drink for your frustration?)

Svinozavr >> :

Everyone remembers Herostratus. Few remember what he burned. Everyone knows the name of the dog barking at the elephant. What was the elephant's name? - NO IDEA.

There is no justice now or in the historical perspective. (I'll have a drink for my frustration.)

Wisdom!

There it is!

I admire the inquisitiveness of your mind!

Svinozavr >> :

>> (What do you want to drink for upset?)

I recommend postponing it for the evening, or at least wait until lunchtime ;)

RomanS >> :

I recommend postponing it for the evening, or at least wait until lunchtime ;)

I know... but it's dusk.

Svinozavr >> :

Everyone remembers Herostratus. Few remember what he burned. Everyone knows the name of the dog barking at the elephant. What was the elephant's name? - I DON'T KNOW.

There is no justice at the moment or in the historical perspective. (Would you like a drink for your frustration?)

Was anyone ever interested in the elephant? I don't think so, nobody was interested in it. Everybody (and I'm no exception) was interested just in the fact that he walked here and there with a nonchalant look on his face. The detailing of the elephant's parameters would have diverted attention away from the main thing. Besides, the effect could have been blurred if everyone knew what the elephant was really thinking at that moment. You have to agree, a lot of thoughts about a lot of things could fit into such a big head, which our elephant certainly has. And totally different thoughts!!!

grasn >> :

Was anyone ever interested in the elephant? I don't think so, nobody was interested in him. It was enough for everyone (and I am no exception) to see him walking back and forth with a nonchalant look. The detailing of the elephant's parameters would have diverted attention away from the main thing. Besides, the effect could have been blurred if everyone knew what the elephant was really thinking at that moment. You must agree, there are many thoughts of many things, which could fit in such a big head, as our elephant certainly has. And totally different thoughts!!!

By the way, that's right. In that children's story there is an imposition of assessing the situation from an outsider's point of view. I suggest the same situation, but instead of the elephant, put the Roman triumphator, and instead of the moussa - a state slave, holding a golden crown over the triumphator's head, and from time to time reminding him that he was only mortal(memento mori), and he should not be too proud. Well, "the streets were led" - the Triumph(lat. triumphus) itself in Rome - the triumphal entry into the capital of a victorious general and his troops. Read more here.

My point is simple.

grasn >> :

Was anyone ever interested in the elephant? I don't think so, nobody was interested in him. It was enough for everyone (and I am no exception) to see him walking back and forth with a nonchalant look. The detailing of the elephant's parameters would have diverted attention away from the main thing. Besides, the effect could have been blurred if everyone knew what the elephant was really thinking at that moment. A lot of thoughts about many things could fit into such a big head, as our elephant certainly has. And totally different thoughts!!!

Did I ever say I was interested in the elephant? >> I don't think so.

Just a bitter (sic! comes to mind again about vodka) observation - "Who is more precious to mother-history?" All kinds of scum, small and not so small, miscreants and other different assholes. If a good man is remembered, it is usually in some rotten context of historical outrage and epic baseness. Do you think that if it wasn't for the Crucifictorius, anyone would remember him? If it wasn't for the meanness around him, the betrayal, would anyone have listened to him?

===

(Ostap was carried away...))))))))

>> fuck. You, uh... Don't get into it. I'm not getting into it. I haven't had a drink yet. I'm sitting here quietly fixing my gadget (drowned phone).

HideYourRichess >> :

That's right, by the way. In that children's story there is an imposition of an assessment of the situation from the point of view of an outsider. I propose to put the same situation, but instead of the elephant, a Roman triumphator, and instead of the moussa - a state slave, holding a golden crown over the triumphator's head, and from time to time reminding him that he is only mortal(memento mori), and he should not be too proud. Well, "the streets were led" - the Triumph(lat. triumphus) itself in Rome - the triumphal entry into the capital of a victorious general and his troops. Read more here.

My point is simple.

A very curious observation. After all, it was the dog that had true freedom, not the elephant, which obeyed orders. Only the dog was "allowed" to do whatever he wanted (including barking), not the elephant. Speaking of "barking", what else could a dog do but bark. The author only endowed the doggie with these skills, although the words, written in the hand of a great master, could have given the main character more opportunities to pour out all that has accumulated in his soul.