Off-topic MT4/mql4 questions. - page 21

RomanS:
The computer switches on spontaneously :)) and there is no time or cycle dependence. Autostart is switched off in the bios. Any thoughts on this? I'm just sick of it.
Wake-Up the PC may be a modem signal and signal on the LAN, check the settings in the BIOS'e. Try disconnecting the network and modem cables after switching off the PC.

Good evening.

I have 3 disks C, D, E - 18, 12, 44 gb respectively. This is what the wizard did for me when he reinstalled the software.

The current drive with Windows is C (17gb).

Today I found out that there is only few tens of megabytes free!

I don't know why it's like that! I haven't put absolutely any costly programs, games, movies, etc.

All there is in the PROGR. All there are just folders with 3 mt4 from different DTs, a folder with ADOBE (it's unclear where 7 programs came from, - I only put one adobe-riad) in the size of 900 mb, keep, windup, VM and other stuff.

In MY DOC. I also hardly keep anything - the volume of this folder - 500 mb - with my books and files.

Why no free space now? Where did it go? Please tell me what could have happened?

===========

Dimensions:

C drive =18.4 GB (of which: BATTERY 18.2 GB, free 180 mb)

Program Files 2.74gb

Documents and Settings 5.7gb

Windows 5.11gb

In WinXP: Start - Programs - Standard - Utilities - Disk wipe.

Rita:

C drive = 18.4 GB (of which: BATTERY 18.2 GB, free 180 MB)

Software files 2.74gb

Documents and Settings 5.7 GB

Windows 5.11gb

2.74+5.7+5.11 =13.55 Ga, about 4.5 Ga lost, of which swap file is about the size of RAM + file for hibernation, the same size of RAM, plus temporary files

By and large lost not much, but maybe nothing was lost if you enable the view hidden files, then maybe the size of folders will be more

ZS: I don't know if you know this or not, but the files on your desktop, usually stored on drive C, try to move the desktop and "My Documents" folder to other drives

ZS: there is a virus, rather insidious, Kaspersky had not seen it before, it ate the C drive in a week, but it is immediately visible every day, right in front of your eyes drive becomes smaller

Rita:

Run this software, you can see what's busy, it's safe
Files:
scanner.zip  152 kb

After scanning, move the mouse pointer around the sectors, any sector can be seen in detail (left mouse button) and everything is intuitive

Thank you to everyone who responded. I am beginning to follow the instructions.

Rita:

Good evening.

I have 3 disks C, D, E - 18, 12, 44 gb respectively. This is what the wizard did for me when he reinstalled the software.

The current drive I have is C (17gb) .

Good morning all. I have one more question.

If my "working drive" is the C drive, why is it set to only 17gb ?

It turns out that (for example) 44gb of drive E - practically unused and wasted, working idly ?

Wouldn't it make sense to move some memory from the under-utilised E drive to the working C drive?

Rita:

Wouldn't it make sense to move some of the memory from the E drive - to the working C drive ?

It would.

Rita:

Good morning, everyone. I have one more question.

If my "working drive" is the C drive, why is it set to only 17gb ?

It turns out that (for example) 44gb of drive E - is practically unused and wasted, running idle?

Isn't it reasonable to move some memory from the under-utilized E drive to the working C drive?

No, not quite right.

When a drive is partitioned, the first drive, usually C, should be used as a system drive, not a worker drive. That is why it is smaller, to store only the system and installed applications, not the data.

This can be difficult to understand ;) especially since windows cannot do this, although this is the healthier, more reliable and faster option.

There are two ways out:

1. To understand this complexity (ask somebody for a word of advice) and make the free drive work, which means that the data and documents have to be on it.

2. or make it so you only have one C drive:

--

You need the second option