Crisis: Don't we care? - page 81

timbo писал(а) >>

- How will the world emerge from the crisis?

- More economical. It will consume less. Control credit so that money is not handed out for bad projects. The world will emerge financially healthier. More energy efficient. The world will be a better place in 2-3 years.

Uh-huh. The sky will be bluer, the leaves greener, the air fresher.

Remember the GO: "Communism is going to be a bitch! It will come soon, you just have to wait."

timbo >> :

- How will the world emerge from the crisis?

- More economical. It will consume less. Control credit so that money is not handed out for bad projects. The world will emerge financially healthier. More energy efficient. The world will be a better place in 2-3 years.

Strange how this world works... to give life, a woman experiences pain, that analogy came for some reason... one can never be without the other, it's all in a circle.

Mathemat писал(а) >>

I can't imagine how they, these civilisations, communicate if they have to. Surely they have already figured out how to bypass the light speed limit. There are no physical laws that cannot be "broken" at a high enough level of cognition.

Not cognition but consciousness. :-)

Of course they are. One simply should not cling to matter. Then the speed of light is not terrible, and there is no need for neutrinos.

"The wolf walks through the woods: - Crisis! Crisis! I'm still eating meat.

Fox: - Crisis! Crisis! As I went to the left, so I go.

Monkey hopping on a branch: - Crisis! Crisis! "I'm still jumping with my bare ass. "That's the crisis.

Caricature by Boris Yefimov, 1950

sab1uk >> :

Caricature by Boris Yefimov, 1950

Great reminder))) bravo! I remember the autumn, my friend from California told me that they do not have a crisis, and that Russia had its own special way, according to the right-wing government))

".....barin! Barin, you're putting the wrong sandwich in your mouth!"
- You're chewing on "crisis from what", you can't get to the meat.
- Try the opposite: "crisis for what".

Analysts predict the dollar's imminent decline as world currency
20.02.2009 13:52 - 7

China's central bank formally announced Monday and began implementing the move to yuan for settlements with Asian countries. Kazakhstan and Russia are agreeing to introduce a reserve currency, the rouble. Middle Eastern countries even appear to be pounding the dollar somewhat aggressively in their markets. Isn't that a sign of imminent Armageddon for the US currency?

US government debt (bond market) will be the last bubble in the current crisis. As long as it still continues to inflate. But once the weakened world economy forces nations to first stop buying these bonds and then call off the debt, it will come of age for the next wave of financial titans: Singapore, Hong Kong, China, Australia and Russia. But it is China, of course, that will be the first to benefit.

Just last week Yu Yongding, an adviser to the People's Bank of China, said that the country should seek guarantees that its $682bn of US government debt assets would not be destroyed by reckless policy. To do so, China should multiply its holdings away from US treasuries. In particular, he named alternatives to the dollar such as the euro, the yen, oil and gold. Such a move by China follows a statement by another economist, US Treasury chief Timothy Geithner. "The US financial system is badly damaged and needs government help to avoid collapse. The Federal Reserve has already announced a new policy - they will buy their own bonds. Any reluctance by foreign lenders to participate in auctions will intensify the move," he said.

Another analyst, Mikhail Khazin, president of expert consulting company Neocon, is of the same opinion. Not long ago, speaking about forecasts for this year, he said Asian states would play an increasing role in the global economy. And if Japan, China and South Korea agree to create a single currency, the dollar will instantly lose influence in the world and the collapse into currency zones will happen almost instantly. In this case, there is a possibility that the US will default on the dollar.

Former Bank of England board member Willem Buiter argued earlier this year that Americans should prepare for a devaluation of the dollar as international investors will soon begin to get rid of American assets, which is actually happening. In today's economy there is a perception that US government bonds are the safest securities. However, this opinion will soon become a myth.

Another problem for the federal government is that roughly $5 trillion of government debt (more than a third of GDP) is held by foreigners: China, Japan and the Gulf states. For these creditors to buy US debt at a time when interest rates are artificially low is not only unprofitable, but even dangerous. Japan has already hinted that it will only buy US debt if it is in yen.

This means that American trading partners see the threat of a decline in the dollar, which could start as quickly and swiftly as its recent recovery has been. Thus, if the federal government continues to keep interest rates artificially low by turning debt into money, a fall in the US dollar is inevitable. Tentatively, this could happen closer to the end of this year or, at the very least, at the start of next year.
Source: Oil in Russia

Where did the information come from...

Recession in the U.S. economy can end this year, and the recovery will begin in 2010 only if the government's efforts to restore business activity will bear fruit. This opinion was expressed today by the head of the US Federal Reserve (Fed) Ben Bernanke, speaking before the Senate Banking Committee, reports Reuters.

Bernanke added that the shrinking economy is threatened by a mutually reinforcing slowdown in growth and tensions in financial markets. "Breaking this dependency requires that we continue to complement fiscal stimulus with decisive government action to stabilise financial institutions and financial markets," he said.

The US Fed chief also noted considerable uncertainty in the macroeconomic outlook and did not mention the possible buyback of long-term government bonds, an announcement that a number of analysts had been waiting for.

PS. However, Ben did not specify what kind of recession in the US economy might end up this year. For example, a depression and default.

Everyone is cursing the dollar...... And the ruble is in the top three most devalued currencies in Europe - http://lenta.ru/news/2009/02/26/ruble/