anyone interested, write a simple advisor - page 8

I'm a pessimist by nature and I don't believe it's easy to distinguish between a flat and a trend, even if you don't focus on the terminology.

Those methods that have been suggested indicate a change of state by the fact of presence, which is tantamount to using the MA to predict price.

dpg03 писал (а) >>

A flat is when I wait 2-3 hours for a move and the price is hovering around 30 pips.

EXAMPLE:

Yesterday I sent my friend to the shop for a beer. 2 or 3 hours passed and he was gone.

That's a great definition :) ..... I've never seen a better one.

The thought beats: is there any point in f-ing around? ;) (this is a tease :))))

НАПРИМЕР:

Вчера послал знакомого в магазин за пивом .Прошло 2-3 часа а его всё нет.ЭТО ФЛЭТ.Незнаеш что делать.

rider
wrote (a) >>

a classy definition :)..... I've never seen a better one.

The thought beats: is there any point in f-ing around? ;) (this is a tease :))))

..and if he brings vodka instead of beer - that's a trend! ..and if he also brings 2 girls - that's it... that's a super trend!

of course, the morning may be a gap, but if you hedge with a call to your boss and say you may not come to work in the morning, you may have a chance to make a decent deposit. maybe even several times. just don't forget about prez... stop-loss... otherwise you may catch a heavy DD, or even a MC... and don't drink too much (crossed out)... and respect the MM, takeprofit has been reached with higher probability than a system stop.

not like this :)...... hedging to the boss won't help

tolerances:

- see a trend (2....4 eyes, analysis of stats etc) - but don't fully decide on it - difficulties, difficulties, etc.

- want to trade on it

- i consider 3-4-5..... trading options

- implement them in the Expert Advisor

- do the optimization by all variants with modifications, for example, by days of the week - time of the day - trading sessions, etc. (no adjustment, just optimization with a minimum of parameters, with forwards, overoptimization, etc.) - I obtain the result in the plus, without fools, for example in 3 years.

Can we be sure that this is not an accident? :)

rider писал (а) >>

not like this :)...... hedging to the boss won't help

tolerances:

- I do optimisation across all options with modifications, say by days of the week-time of day-trading sessions, etc. (not a fitting, just optimization with a minimum of parameters, with forwards, overoptimization, etc.) - I get the result in the plus, without fools, for example in 3 years.

Can we be sure that this is not an accident? :)

no. :-)

what did you want me to say?

Shu писал (а) >>

no. :-)

what did you want me to say?

an emphatic yes!!!! ;)

My point was different: is there a point in killing time for the deepest and most comprehensive research when you'll come to 3-5 entry-exit options later anyway, or maybe it's worth spending it on a comprehensive workout of a barely glimmering and seemingly promising trend..... that's faster?

Oh man, I wrote and realised the question was rhetorical :)))

There's just a large number of voluminous threads here devoted specifically to research that somehow subside on their own..... maybe open a separate thread: Gathering fantastic and crazy worked-out thoughts (?)....

Why, the Japanese, in their time, patented a lot of TM and UT :)))).... and don't regret it

;) there's a question for a pro: in a custom indicator it is possible to display some lines in the main window and some in a subwindow...... I feel that no, but I really need and want it :)

And the TV set with a blue screen in the form of a wristwatch was first made in TM)))
The Japanese copied it, but they did not get it all, our TV from TM had knobs and the Japanese had buttons of some kind.

In watch. not done, but on a tube 3lo28 a little more than a cigarette pack was collected...

on 174?

rider писал (а) >>

Absolutely yes!!!! ;)

My point is different: is there any point in killing time for the deepest and most comprehensive research when you'll come up with 3-5 entry-exit options later anyway, or maybe it's worth spending it on a comprehensive workout of a barely glimmering and seemingly promising trend..... which is faster?

Why make it so complicated? There are only two options:

1. Price will move on, i.e. we are trading in trend

2. Price will turn, i.e. we trade on a counter-trend

All the rest is evil (c) Gospel