[Archive c 17.03.2008] Humour [Archive to 28.04.2012] - page 14

The shenanigans of our Mathemat

Mischek писал(а) >>

The shenanigans of our Mathemat

))))))

Creepy. And there really is a limit.

P.S. No, there isn't.

So, here we are, the twentieth examination in descriptive geometry for the most "gifted" students. The students who have studied this "great" science must understand how insurmountable an obstacle draftsmanship can be for students.
At one of the desks, leaning over a drawing, sits a girl with signs of excruciating search for thoughts in her charming head. But this search is clearly not yielding any positive results, and seems to be of no avail at all.
useless.
The professor has evidently had enough of these rather pathetic attempts of a maiden's thought and tells her the following:
- All right, I'm going to ask you one last question. If you answer it right, I'll give you a C. If not, get out of here. How does one begin to draw a plane in a drawing?
The girl, after trying unsuccessfully for a minute, says:
- I don't know...
But the professor, apparently, is not at all warmed by the thought that he will have to meet such a rare specimen of human folly once more, he decides to tell her:
- From the axis.
The girl's face again becomes tense from the work of thoughts and very, very sad, but suddenly she "gets" the meaning of the teacher's phrase, her face clears and she gives a matchless replica:
- What, right here?!!!
The audience bursts with laughter and slowly begins to crawl under the desks.
The professor is red with rage and yells at her:
- Fool!!!! From the horizontal, HORIZONTAL axis begins the construction of the plane!!!! Get out!

Mathemat >>:

Жуть. А предел и правда существует.

P.S. Нет, не существует.

MathCAD heroically took it. Got ln(2) if I didn't mess up anything in the symbolic calculations, which could have been easy :o)

Nope, Matcad is lying. There is no limit. If there was no root, everything would be all right, ln(2).

But the root messed up the cards. Think about it. How does the root function behave? The arctangent goes to zero like x, while the sine, the closer to zero, crosses zero more often, remaining amplitude bounded by one. Yes, the whole function tends to zero. But its root exists, then it doesn't. And we cannot specify any neighborhood of zero such that the subcorrelated function is non-negative.

What limit can we talk about if the entire root is not defined in the neighborhood of zero?

P.S. Even if we were to take the limit in the complex domain (abstracting from the polyvalence of the logarithm and taking only the principal value), it would hardly exist (the sine in the complex plane is not limited in modulo).

Mathemat писал(а) >>

Nope, Matcad is lying. There is no limit. If there was no root, everything would be all right, ln(2).

But the root messed up the cards. Think about it. How does the root function behave? The arctangent goes to zero like x, while the sine, the closer to zero, crosses zero more often, remaining amplitude bounded by one. Yes, the whole function tends to zero. But its root exists, then it doesn't. And we cannot specify any neighborhood of zero such that the subcorrelated function is non-negative.

What limit can we talk about if the entire root is undefined in the neighborhood of zero?

Yep, MathCAD can lie with almost any trigonometry without a root. For some reason no one can work with it.

PS I don't know though, I'll have to check it out on occasion. It seems to me that what's under the root is zero and there are only two left. Anyway, it was a long time ago :o(

Mischek, give me a link to this site, my attempt to calculate the limit has failed, I want to know the answer.

Richie >>:
Mischek, дайте ссылку на этот сайт, моя попытка вычислить предел не удалась, хочу знать ответ.

I got it as a picture.

I think it's a montage.