Anti-MQL5 wishes - page 3

Topor:
There are also too many cars bought on credit on the road, and no place for the real guys to pass!!!
I do not understand your allegory. Money taken on credit is not stolen from someone, a person who can take out a loan and pay it back is worthy of respect. Although, of course, taking a credit for consumer goods, to buy something that loses in value over time, rather than becoming more expensive, is not the best business decision. Or rather not even a business decision at all. But everyone is the master of his own money.

NorthernWind:
I share the concerns of the topicstarter. Why bother with classes and other nonsense when a great product can't reach the market? And not because the competition is strong, but because it simply doesn't fit the "banking friction".
The question is, what is a competitor's strength? If you look at the technical implementation of the terminal, MT is stronger. I don't know anything about the server component, but I believe it should be top notch. But when it comes to financial strength, marketing and the sales department, the competitors are much stronger. An advertisement in Money magazine or a banner on Yahoo's financial server is a real indicator of strength, this is where the competitors are stronger. Which is probably a result of their being more in tune with the "banking frenzy". As an end user I am far from detail, but facts are stubborn things - big money goes past the metaquotes, God bless them.

timbo:

It's just a shame that a good product is moving further and further away from traders-users, who are solvent, to programmers, who are mostly only good at making demos. I don't want to see further technical improvement without active commercial development, without promotion of the product to the masses of dealing centres. Dealing centres that really work on the market, not kitchens that creatively filter prices and hunt for lost deposits. To be trading, not gambling.

Well, one should not interfere with the other. And then, we see and discuss the terminal, but it's not the DC's software, their tool is the trading server. There is nothing that prevents us from doing the server part to please brokerage companies, and the terminal part to "please" traders and programmers. Autotrading is not only the future, but also the present, and not only for enthusiastic programmers, but for large hedge funds. And I think it is not so easy to promote the product on the market for serious brokerage companies, "real" brokerage companies mostly use their own software, customized directly for their needs, and their trust should also be "won", which is not so easy to do without popularization, gradual expansion of opportunities for all interested parties. All in good time.

timbo:
Topor:
And there are also too many loan-bought cars on the road and no place for the real guys to go!!!
I don't understand your allegory. Money taken on credit is not money stolen from someone, a person who can take out a loan and pay it back is worthy of respect. Although, of course, taking a credit for consumer goods, to buy something that loses in value over time, rather than becoming more expensive, is not the best business decision. Or rather not even a business decision at all. But everyone is the master of his own money.

The allegory has another meaning: there is a wide variety of cars on the road and some of them can even be afforded by the poor by taking them on credit, just like the product in question. If someone does not like MT4, he may change his car from Chery Amuleta to BMW. But you can go by " Chery Amuleta " too and it is not necessary to have a stupendous minimum deposit and do not confuse absence of any modern frills, without which you can also get to the destination.

albe:

The allegory has another meaning: there is a wide variety of cars on the road and some of them can even be afforded by the poor by taking them on credit, just like the product in question. If someone does not like MT4, he may change his car from Chery Amuleta to BMW. You may go by " Chery Amuleta " too and you do not need to have a great minimum deposit and do not feel embarrassed by absence of some modern swagger, without which you may also get to your destination.

A would compare the MT not to an outdated Amulet, to some futuristic concept, until just not everyone "catches up"...

timbo:
kombat:
1. I've been using CDF on futures and ru-share for almost three years now...

I've looked this way and that way, but I still don't understand what you mean by "it doesn't work".

A few questions: how many stocks of all varieties are available to you for trading (I do not know anything about the market size of ru-share, but I would be happy with top-500), how is the order size discretion determined (the correct answer should be one stock), how do quotations of DC and exchange relate, how you pay for each order - the spread or commission (for the last two questions I expect that prices are the same without filtering, requotes and creative spread, but you pay the commission)? If your answers coincide with mine, then I will be forced to admit that it works to the fullest for ru shares.

I don't want to sound like a snob, but I don't perceive "banks in Russia" as reliable financial structures and therefore they don't exist as banks to me. The general instability of everything and memories of '98, in particular, are my excuse.

1. 33 in total, including some cited and the usual. ( some here )
2. Minilot 1.0, step 1 lot, why is it right 1 share??? in a lot 1 or 100, depends on the instrument...
3. I checked it with Online BROCKER, it was almost a pip.
4. Spread and commission, it is 0.09% for all the instruments
5. There is no requotes as a class, it is executed on the market.

As for the banks, the question was NOT about their reliability,
but the fact that among those who use MTs there are also them...

It's not a topic, it's a glitch.

Trying to put a swan, a crayfish and a pike in the same cart will lead, as usual, to the well-known result.

Timbo, now that you've explained in a bit more detail what you want to do with CFD operations, it's clear that your problems have nothing to do with the MT platform. Regarding everything you mentioned - I don't see any fundamental limitations that would make the operation parameters you want impossible. All your dissatisfaction is specific to specific DCs. And neither MetaTrader platform nor extension of functionality in MQL5 have anything to do with it.

Now about marketing: marketing and software development - these are two completely different things. Moreover, advertising in Money magazine or on the Yahoo financial server is advertising that misses the target audience of MT. The audience for the MT server is the organisations that provide their clients with the ability to transact in the financial markets over the internet. I would be very surprised if MT, as a platform, was advertised by MetaQuotes itself on the advertising platforms you mentioned. That would be a waste of money and a clear "D" to the marketing and sales department in all aspets. It's very strange that you're talking about competitors doing this. Are you sure you are talking about MT competitors and not DC competitors who use MT? The essence are two completely different categories.

And I join in the "Wishes" that started this thread. May MQL be as glitchy and inconvenient. May it take at least two years to program a BUY or Shell function. Class bstone you say you have deep knowledge, I think KimIV is also experienced and rich, only I suggest you look here(https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/106481) it took him 2 years to do it, while many will never get to that point. Is that the norm?

I also agree with this.

Korey 10.03.2008 12:09

Не хотение повышения уровня языка происходит от полученного мною стресса при программировании в МТ,
это стресс от бессмыслености расставленных по MQL-4 ошибок и недовложений.
Зачем наращивать бету, сначала пусть начнет работать правильно и полноценно.

I'll make a cooler point. It's not just the shock of programming in this language. You have to do a lobotomy to seriously program it. In the 21st century, develop a DOS-level language, don't you know about high-level languages :-( .

If the methaquotes want to enter the serious market, where the big money is, it is

1. Simultaneous management of many accounts
  2. The ability to connect different sources of quotes
  3. Instruments allowing simultaneous analysis of tens of thousands of traded symbols
  4. Availability of embedded serious mathematical functions and normal reflection of charts, at least the level of Excel, better the level of Matlab, Matcad.
  5. Availability of cryptographic protection of access to the account, and cryptographic protection of developed algorithms (trading machines) on the principle of open systems ("The enemy must know my protection system").
  6. Open source and multi-platform. No serious organization will put a prog with closed code to manage their finances !!! It's nonsense to even hope for that. Here read the first link in the search http://www.bdm.ru/arhiv/2000/02/53-55.html which combines p.5 and 6

etc.

HH Once again I would like to remind developers that the future of autotrading will come to the conclusions that for example Vneshtorg Bank, and similar structures, then all can cover the sheet and crawl in the direction of the cemetery. You still have a little time, before such monsters get to this point, you will have time to do everything, and if you do not, history will teach you how to do it.

Being able to create classes and structures won't make any difference to those who don't want to use them. Just don't use them, that's all.