Impulse - page 18

new-rena:
Ahhhh, the task is finally becoming clearer. Ok. Just a quick question - is there a way to visually scroll through the ticks in 5p? If yes - can I see the instruction, how to see and hook into this history with Expert Advisor or indicator?
No. There are no standard tools. We are waiting for the promised tick history.

And two more videos:

и

Artyom Trishkin:

Let me explain again: let's assume a range of 15 ticks. For the average speed and time, we take the first 10 ticks in the range. For the price change value, we take the difference between each adjacent tick in this part of the range (we assume that tick0 is the last tick):

We permanently store the ticks in an array equal in size to the two samples - the early and the fresh sample. Early sample in an array of 15 ticks:

(тик15-тик14+тик14-тик13+тик13-тик12+тик12-тик11+тик11-тик10+тик10-тик9+тик9-тик8+тик8-тик7+тик7-тик6+тик6-тик5)/период выборки (10)

The same way we count the most recent five ticks from tick5-tick4 to tick1-tick0

Almost in the same way we calculate tick rate in the constantly updated array, but we don't consider price changes between neighboring ticks, but time between them.

And if instead of formula (tick15-tik14+tik14-tik13+tik13-tik12+tik12-tik11+tik11-tik10+tik10-tik9+tik9-tik8+tik8-tik7+tik7-tik6+tik6-tik5)/sample period (10), we use exponential average calculation from array, using functions from

#include <MovingAverages.mqh>

?

Karputov Vladimir:

And if instead of formula (tic15-tic14+tic14-tic13+tic13-tic12+tic12-tic11+tic11-tic10+tic10-tic9+tic9-tic8+tic8-tic7+tic7-tic6+tic6-tic5)/sample period (10)) use calculation of exponential average from array, using functions from

?

Why not... As long as you understand what you're counting. But smoothing leads to a lag.

There was a recording of 600 ticks. This record (100 each) was spread over six charts. The charts show price and tick change rate (EMA10). All in all, there is reason to study the figures:

What is the EMA averaging here?

new-rena:
What does the EMA average out here?
https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/61389/page18#comment_1761138
Импульс
Импульс
  • www.mql5.com
Форум по трейдингу, автоматическим торговым системам и тестированию торговых стратегий. - Страница 18 - Категория: автоматические торговые системы

OK. However, I had envisaged the implementation of the ticks idea a little differently.

new-rena:
OK. However, I thought the implementation of the ticks idea would be a little different.

How?

We're not building a Renko.

Anything to add on the subject...

There's a link to a video - they deleted it - they thought it was advertising.

How can I share the scalping strategy on which I am writing the indicators?

How can I place the youtube video in "interesting videos of July"?

I will not post the link - I will send it to Google: "The main features of the "Forex Speedometer" strategy are the absence of indicators and the simplicity of trading. Type of strategy - scalping. The strategy can be used on any currency pair, but it is advisable to choose highly volatile ones with small spread."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This topic was touched here as well. What to count the arrival time of each tick in the array and how to count the speed...

It's clear that there are variants. It is clear that in milliseconds the time of each caught tick will be visible... (How to use this afterwards? perhaps...)

Artem write again for the especially gifted... :-)

There it is offered exactly to count ticks per second - here such variant too was offered...

There's another question here - how to test it? My broker's ndd accounts with min. spread do not have demo. If I wanted to use my forex broker's demo and real nd account I would have checked the number of ticks - it is the same...

I.e. the question will be how to programmatically process the data collected on virtual trades in csv file eexcel and ticks... from real accounts.

The question will be to process the collected data for the virtual trades, in csv file in eexsv and ticks from the real accounts... :-)

How can I embed the ticks in csv file into history for MT4 strategy tester?