Dr.Fx corner - page 13

Dr.Fx:
ask questions, you can ask in person.
No need to take it to private. I'm watching, too.

Dr.Fx:
I would like to know what it represents (if I had enough time to look through the trades yet), ask, may be in a personal message.

If I understand correctly, the logic is to open on corrections in the direction of the filter value that shows the trend direction

i.e. the filter here is a kind of muvingue substitute

and i would like to know what it represents

(have not yet had time to review trades)

transcendreamer:

If I understand correctly, the logic is to open on corrections in the direction of the filter value that shows the trend direction

i.e. the filter here is a kind of muvingue replacement

and i would like to know what it represents

(have not yet had time to review trades)

No, apparently I was wrong, it is not a trend-correction judging by trades....

transcendreamer:
No, apparently I was wrong, it's not a trend-correction judging by the trades....

It is price following in its purest form. Here's the GBPUSD, for example. On the original price chart, it's not clear where to go. Horizontal line. However, on the filter, everything is clearer: downwards. Consolidation before a new downward rush. Sell.

Dr.Fx:

It is price following in its purest form. Here's the GBPUSD, for example. On the original price chart, it's not clear where to go. Horizontal line. However, on the filter, everything is clearer: downwards. Consolidation before a new downward rush. Sell.

If you want to make God laugh, tell him your predictions). Until the low of today and yesterday is broken, the filter may reverse. That's why I wouldn't take any chances with the forecast. Yusuf in his thread recommends to buy on the Jew.

the use of market inertia by opening into a continuation of the trend in a correction makes perfect sense!

there is still the point of error - at what point a deviation from the filter line would be intolerable to further hold positions

transcendreamer:

the use of market inertia by opening into a continuation of the trend in a correction makes perfect sense!

there is still the point of error - at what point a deviation from the filter line would be unacceptable for further position holding

Of course it is, but after breaking through the low, at least of today. God takes care of the careful one).

There has been a trend change on GBPUSD. More precisely on USD, but not the point. Reacted before writing here. Watch the account.

khorosh:
If you want to make God laugh, tell him your predictions). As long as the low of today and yesterday is not broken, the filter might turn around. So I wouldn't take any chances with the forecast.
You are missing the basic idea. There is no such thing as a (reliable) forecast. Forecasting is ahead of the curve. It contradicts the principle of causality. The best that can be achieved is non-lagging. At that time, you should have sold. Now it should have been buying. And not "absolutely", but within my degree of smoothing (current filter settings), oriented towards intraday trading.

transcendreamer:

there is still the point of error - at what point a deviation from the filter line would be intolerable to further hold positions

I do not open during a correction. I may open at any arbitrary predetermined moment in time.