Bitcoin and everything associated with it. The home of cryptomaniacs and their adversaries. - page 225

sanyooooook:

What about the third one? You said you had three grails.)

MT on subscribers. A dodgy grail, I wouldn't count it.

TheXpert:
In MT on subscribers. Dodgy grail, I wouldn't count it.
Ah! Right.

I've come across a resource that offers to buy virtual mining capacity. Can anyone explain what is the point of selling it rather than mining it yourself?

Candid:
I came across a resource that offers virtual mining power to buy. Can anyone explain the point of selling them rather than mining them yourself?

What's the point of selling shovels if you can dig for yourself?

Contender:

What is the point of selling shovels if we can dig ourselves?

Not here it is different, we know where the gold is, we have shovels, we will sell you the shovels and tell you where to dig because we don't want to dig ourselves. (or because we know that the gold we find won't pay back the cost of the shovels)

sanyooooook:
It is not the same here, we know where the gold is, we have shovels, we will sell you shovels because we don't want to dig ourselves.

No, this is the right approach to business: invest in the project, sell off the capacity to retailers.

It is not a fact that those who bought these virtual capacities will make a profit.

Contender:

What's the point of selling shovels if you can dig yourself?

That's not the case. Shovels are when the hardware is for sale. And here, if I understand correctly, all the hardware is already switched on somewhere and is mining at its best.

Basically, it makes sense if it is more important for someone to maintain network capacity than to mine, for example for the founding fathers at the current rate of mining the former is probably more important, at least because that would support the rate.

the most important thing about selling shovels is that there is no risk, and the rest can be discussed ad infinitum

Young:
The most important thing in the sale of shovels is the absence of risk, and everything else can be discussed ad infinitum

Well, they don't sell their gigahexes for dollars, but for the same bitcoins. That is, the current exchange rate is not very important. They are mining in a pool, so the income can be considered predictable and stable. Of course, there is a risk that bitcoin will suddenly and suddenly deflate, but the probability of that seems to me personally negligible at the moment.

P.S. I'm actually wondering if there's a catch :)

Candid:
I've come across a resource that offers to buy virtual mining capacity. Can anyone explain what is the point of selling it rather than mining it yourself?
You have to look and count. And if you get in, you have to be very careful. Concerns are legitimate.