Trade copy ea - page 9

Tom;

the copy chart is not taking trades. Diagnostics says comparing trades is busy. Any advice?

John

verify the csv files are being written to the files folder in trade copy

a 0 byte file doesnt mean there being written, the contents of the files should have data in them

if using a server, the files should be visible in your browser when going to the url

hangit:
Tom;

the copy chart is not taking trades. Diagnostics says comparing trades is busy. Any advice?

John

May I ask, what is the point of this EA?

the thread explains what the ea does

vosterfxandy:
May I ask, what is the point of this EA?

tomhliles:
verify the csv files are being written to the files folder in trade copy

a 0 byte file doesnt mean there being written, the contents of the files should have data in them

if using a server, the files should be visible in your browser when going to the url

Tom;

I'm using the EA locally. I may have found the problem. Avast antivirus is blocking all the vbs coded files as threats. I will attempt to allow them with the antivirus program. Thanks for you time and patience. I am happy to reimburse you for your expertise.

John

CSV files are not being written to the trade copy folder. Please advise. Thanks again.

John

this is great thank you

great piece of work!

it's working very well as far as i can see, copying and closing trades but on the slave side I get the following error in the expert advisor tab :

trade_copy: invalid handle -1 in FileClose

(repeating every minute or so...)

but anyway as i said above it's working... just wondering what's the error about ? any help ??

thx

Familiar

This sounds like a project I was working on a few months ago.

Optimized settings for an ea were loaded to a sql database, the users ran an external program that periodically queried the database to see if there were new settings, if so, the new settings were written to a binary file and read in by the ea. It was more a reason for me to learn more about MT5 and file writing. (Yes it was written in MT5)

But I could see the same working in a trade scenario, where trades opened and closed by an ea were saved to a database and read by a client. If anyone is interested in adapting something like this, with their own flavor on it, we should talk.

aaronpeterson3@gmail.com

Hello,

The trade copier looks very promising.

I only can not download the files, the links seems to be broken.

Can anybody be so kind and send the files to my e-mail?

Thanks in advance

4maT