_rdb_The Best Free EA - page 249

Which broker?

Hi finimej,

Do you use this EA in your real account? Which broker you traded? Thanks~

finimej:
original version DpkScalper, statement

First, lucky decompiled dpkscalper, then we have the first version of lucky, named "lucky". 2007-10-10.

(EURGBPm1):

16/06/2004 ==> 07/09/2007

1000 $ ==> 11 072 260.81 $

Lucky on codebase

backtest of lucky

second version

My Lucky pro 0.5

third version,

in the first post of this thread.

Your_lucky version v2b

I think that Rdb has done a greate work by using damiani volatmeter on multiframe, to define the sideway. This makes it much better than previous versions. 'cause you have to decide by yourself when it is the sideway with previous version, and turn the EA on. Rdb let the EA make decision when it is sideway and trade. Just keeping on the good work.

Real account statement from Topgirl's account atTadawulFX- using your_lucky version v2b deposite 500 usd on 2009-jan-25.

All are good work, just keeping on decode the forex! do not give up, I think if you can master the sideway condition, then you shall also master the trend condition.

Please do not trade on the sonday night, direct after the forex market open, it normally has a trend bias, not direct sideway.

please go ???

I beg to disagree .. as we are a community we ought not to jump in an out this way.. we should have a longer view, rdb has made available to us (legitimate or not ??) a good EA. It works quite well according to many posts and my own (demo) experience.

There might be some ways out of cooperation to improve it and, if and when, rdb wants to share the code with the community it will be a great leap forward.

rdb, you have done a great contribution and we should all contribute.

Let's put aside our differrences and move forward.

Regards to all.

..an "old" retired and "new enthusiast amateur" trader.

Do you want to go live with an unknown?

jrous:
I beg to disagree .. as we are a community we ought not to jump in an out this way.. we should have a longer view, rdb has made available to us (legitimate or not ??) a good EA. It works quite well according to many posts and my own (demo) experience.

There might be some ways out of cooperation to improve it and, if and when, rdb wants to share the code with the community it will be a great leap forward.

rdb, you have done a great contribution and we should all contribute.

Let's put aside our differrences and move forward.

Regards to all.

..an "old" retired and "new enthusiast amateur" trader.

I must agree. We need serious questions from members willing and knowledgeable to make them. I think the EA is remarkably good. But I would not venture to use it live without more knowledge of the source. The source published in the first post (Lucky v1e and Thunder v1) has several bugs that might not show up in demo tests or even live tests. These include:

1. Not handling Friday close correctly for brokers west of London.

2. Not handling any of the errors that might be thrown when an order is rejected.

There may be other problems that traders with more experience than I would readily find. These are enough for me to keep me from going live, no matter how good the demo performance.(Demo tests will not uncover errors such as requotes since most demo servers do not do that, it would warn customers away).

These may have been corrected in Lucky v2b, but there is no way to tell (all indications are that the Friday problem has not been addressed).

rdb has done good work and shared the results to a point. He deserves credit and payment for his work.

His business model, asking for 'donations' in return for the better versions (v1c, etc.) is OK, but without the source, is still a problem. There is no assurance that one will get the source code if one 'donates'. There is no recourse if the donation goes unrewarded. I would gladly 'donate' if I was sure to get the source in return. I don't want to sell it, I want to use it, but with full knowledge of what it does, and what it does not do.

I repeat my last question: Has anyone 'donated' and received later versions of Lucky? If so, please post a strategy test, or demo results showing the header that specifies the EA used. Also, did you receive the source?

please go

For JStein & Quicksilver if you want to go ,please go .

mart-hart:
What do you want for Free ! A writen guarantee as well.

See this post.

Lol, nobody seems to answer questions on this thread but I guess I'll try again.

Is it the general concensus that we should not be trading on Sundays due to the fact that Asian market hours tend to trend more on Sundays?

Thanks in advance

Serge

MadCow,

I can not image that when you buy a car, you need the completed design drawings and completed code for the control system of your car. You learn how to drive it, when to drive it, that's it!

Rdb has already give the template to you, and you watch when the entry and exit is done in the templates with all the indicators, you know how it is operated, you do not need the code to know that. If you buy Fabturbo, you do not even get the templates, even harder to know how it operates.

In this Forex business, you must take greate risk and get your reward. There is no reward if you are not willing to take greate risk.

finimej:
MadCow,

I can not image that when you buy a car, you need the completed design drawings and completed code for the control system of your car. You learn how to drive it, when to drive it, that's it!

Rdb has already give the template to you, and you watch when the entry and exit is done in the templates with all the indicators, you know how it is operated, you do not need the code to know that. If you buy Fabturbo, you do not even get the templates, even harder to know how it operates.

In this Forex business, you must take greate risk and get your reward. There is no reward if you are not willing to take greate risk.

When I buy a car, I know that the manufacturer coded the control system under very strict quality control rules. He has a reputation to protect. I would not buy and drive a car that was one-of-a-kind built by someone I have never seen, and sold over the net. I do not know the QA rules that rdb applied. He is undoubtedly clever, but his public source code is not up to commercial standards re error handling. This is not a criticism, but an observation.

FapTurbo lies somewhere between General Motors and rdb. They have a large commercial effort that depends on public belief in their system. If it fails in a catastrophic way, the public will know, and FAP will go down in flames. Further, they update their system regularly. Even so, I am very reticent to use their system.

FX trading requires one to take great risks, but it seems prudent to take only the risks that you must. Why risk when it is not required? Or when the risk is unknown?

If you are simply looking for an EA to demo, like a game, then no risk is involved, but if you wish to trade live, you should eliminate all the risks you can, and here are some risks that I can eliminate, given the tools.

it may get worse ...

Topgirl:
Here is my "resultats" on TadawulFX. I starts with $500, 26th january in this year. MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Stats with the world

We are seeing small gains and big losses in Live Accounts.

And it may get worse ...

The truth

After analyzing in detail, I must say that this EA works of Casuality.

The original code used the indicator iTrend to trigger input signal. And the indicator MA_AngleZero as filter when the indicator is =0.12.

RDB include the Damiani_Volt, but in the wrong time frame and with a not very convenient settings.

And uses an older version, which everyone in the forum know, which has several known bugs. I use last version 3.2.

In the screenshot we can see the work of Damiani in the proper Time Frame. The green line above the gray indicates volatility in trend form. In this case should not be opened sclaping positions. However, the EA opened a buyer. The result is visible.

These boys do NOT a professional job. Even NOT using structured programming techniques and object oriented programming (OOP). Are just amateurs. Are fine if they like playing with demo accounts. But beware of using it on a Live account.

Furthermore do not use any kind of detection of errors in the opening or closing operations.

And the list goes on ... this EA has potential, which does not mean that in its current state is safe to go Live.

And because sometimes it works? Hey, for 8 years that I do Manual Scalping during Asia Sessions. When volatility is low, opening up positions near the edges of the lateral trend, there is a high probability of op 4 to 5 pips without much risk.

When volatility increases, this EA loses all opportunities to obtain income. Dump literally. And the great start that quickly end up with lost earnings. Risk / Reward in scaping is very poor. A few failures, and Stop Loss il lose much money.

Be careful, my best advice.