School of Pimpology - page 80

cci slowing down

Hi!

CCI indi is slowing this template down. You need cci_mod.mq4 it is faster one.

I had that problem too. Not only that but I also got trojan horse virus from the pimp zip that someone sent. Took me about two days to have that problem solved (fyi: I don't look and download anything other than forex related stuff on my computer since I trade large amounts).

pug124:
Hi! CCI indi is slowing this template down. You need cci_mod.mq4 it is faster one.

moremore:
I had that problem too. Not only that but I also got trojan horse virus from the pimp zip that someone sent. Took me about two days to have that problem solved (fyi: I don't look and download anything other than forex related stuff on my computer since I trade large amounts).

Maybe I'm not the nice guy I make out to be Moremore. Maybe I am stalking you with the help of my trojans !!!

Who sent it to you?

Honest Bill:
I know this is a technical question, but can anybody help. Since loading FX Pimp's Pimpalicious Template, MT4 is using a large amount of CPU on both my PC and laptop, causing it to slow considerably. Can anybody make a suggestion on what to do? (and please, don't suggest a dual CPU, quad, etc. )

Bill, im not a pc expert, but as you know if you look at task manager, click on processes, you will see all the ones running , some perhaps not needed.As you are again probably aware the more programs etc you load on your pc will keep slowing it down, I have had same problem in the past. My advice to you is either spend some time cleaning your pc OR what i suggest to anyone who trades is to run WHC on one pc, WITH only other basic programs, keep everything else off, bearing in mind what we are all doing and how important it is to have smooth fast data, i would get a top end new pc, not very expensive now!.

Pimp, I didn't mean to imply that it was you. Don't think negatively. The pimpology file was sent to me by Cako. I don't know if his file was infected or not. All I know is that after I downloaded the file and used the template, my computer started to get extremely slow, then I scanned my computer and found the trojan horse virus. Now I am not saying that Cako intentional or unknowingly sent it. All I am saying is it happened after I got the file. Now I am not accusing anyone of anything. My problem is solved. I pointed it out so that people who have the same problem can check to make sure that they don't have the virus. And Pimp, I am extremely greatful for all your helpful insights on this thread.

FX Pimp:
Maybe I'm not the nice guy I make out to be Moremore. Maybe I am stalking you with the help of my trojans !!! Who sent it to you?

Honest Bill:
I know this is a technical question, but can anybody help. Since loading FX Pimp's Pimpalicious Template, MT4 is using a large amount of CPU on both my PC and laptop, causing it to slow considerably. Can anybody make a suggestion on what to do? (and please, don't suggest a dual CPU, quad, etc. )

Hi Bill,

I have experienced that as well. I think its the cci's causing the problem. Changing these to a different cci as suggested above should help. By removing FX Snipers cci and leaving the normal cci seems to have helped a bit.

Another problem seems to be the quantity of cci's/windows with various settings for different timescales. Even if not displayed on the current timeframe, the system is still running these. Not sure what we can do about that, tho'.

Maybe splitting out the template into one for 5/15 mins and one for 1hr/4hr would do the trick.

Sorry, if that was not very helpful.

Regards

Parduman

I've been using this FX Sniper CCI which was modified by someone early on in the thread - he did a great job because it is not CPU hungry at all. I just went over the early part of the thread and found the contributor: Omelette, Senior Member, deserves the credit. You'll find his post on page 15, #145. Good Luck.

I use 2 ODL MT4 platforms on my pc and the same template with exact same indicators.. One is real slow and the second is one real fast.. The reason may be because of the MT4 options with history data etc- am no pc expert tho ...

moremore:
Pimp, I didn't mean to imply that it was you. Don't think negatively. The pimpology file was sent to me by Cako. I don't know if his file was infected or not. All I know is that after I downloaded the file and used the template, my computer started to get extremely slow, then I scanned my computer and found the trojan horse virus. Now I am not saying that Cako intentional or unknowingly sent it. All I am saying is it happened after I got the file. Now I am not accusing anyone of anything. My problem is solved. I pointed it out so that people who have the same problem can check to make sure that they don't have the virus. And Pimp, I am extremely greatful for all your helpful insights on this thread.

I was only joking, sorry. Us brits have a terrible sense of humour

good morning all,

I trust you are all well and looking forward to the weekend.

My little neice's 1st birthday so that should be fun. Throwing jelly and ice-cream at all the adults.

Most of you in the boiler room seem to be having a great success, so lets see if we can continue that eich vein of form today.

Thanks for the great response to Bills problem too. I will look into getting rid of the old CCI on the template and replace it with the new one.

Crude has managed to find it's way down to the $100 level and has bounced off it a bit. I'm not so sure. I thought there would be people queing up to but this at $100 and although there is quite a bit of divergence on the 4hr CCI, theres not a lit that is going to inspire me into buying this until it breaks 103.50 which is the 4hr 20 some 200 pips away.

Gold is above the 60m 20 and looks set to make a move to the 60m 50 if Crude can keep his head above water and make it back above the pivot.

All $ currencies look like they too are expecting a weaker Dollar to creep back in, apart from miss Yen that is.

GBPJPY traders could be in for a few more pips this morning if Cable and USDJPY carry on in their present direction.

I think there's at least 50 pips to come out of Cable to the north side. Upto 1.7640, then to the 4hr 50.

However, IF crude fails to hold you know what you must do.