School of Pimpology - page 82

Honest Bill:
Lopuch,

The first two steps seem to have made a big difference. I'll have a look at CCI's as suggested by you and others if it slows again.

I hadn't ran this either in a while which is very useful for removing spyware

The home of Spybot-S&D!

Yet am forgot: delete all indicators which are useless, also templates, experts, scripts and old logs.

Happy pips.

Here's a picture of the FX Sniper CCI Modified that I made mention of in post #803:

Files:

Lopuch:
Yet am forgot: delete all indicators which are useless, also templates, experts, scripts and old logs. Happy pips.

Yes I should have mentioned that. Great call.

I deleted about 50 templates from my system the other week and it worked much better. Never knew about the indicators though. Thanks.

nikeshpatel:
I know a lot of guys took the cable trade this morning, and I should have but I am trying to justify to myself why these trades are winning ones without just jumping in. With the cable there were no clear signal in terms of CCI's so stayed out. I then waited for crude to get going but was too late. Pimp how did you know cable was going to rise? Was it the 'force' that told you? My only method of thinking for entering the trade was that when crude dropped slightly it did not affect cable.

Sorry to hear you missed everything Bill.

Don't beat yourself up about it. It wasn't that clear-cut. Crude was below the Pivot whilst Gold was above. Crude was below 60m 20 whilst Gold was above.

A little tip is to understand the Euro follow Gold, not Crude. Cable follows Gold / Euro, not Crude.

Unless the black stuff is looking really really weak then Gold - and currencies -can have a little chicken-like scratch around the yard.

As for Cable Nikesh, there were some pretty clear indications that it was moving up.

Crude and Gold aside there was support from the ascending 20's upon the break of the 4hr 20.

The 60m 20 was close to crossing the 60m 50 and there were a bouple of decent opportunities to get some pips, although the 4th one in the pic was a bit risque !

As for 'the force', most in the room know about my crystal 'bits'

Files:
cheeky_31.gif  37 kb

Newbie Question

Hi Fx, Hi all

This thread is really amazing...

I've joined the Boiler Room today but it's not so easy for a newbie to enter the discussion. I'm gone to practice and go back.

I'm a little bit confused with the correspondance of the different MA's on the dfferent TF. Is there a table with those correspondance ?

The 7ema on the 15m chart IS the 20ema on the 5m...

I'm reading the page 23...

Many thanks & enjoy your we

Nevermind, I found the answer in the following page

Basic Entry

Once we've established Dollar strength or weakness on our 60m charts we move on to our set-up & entry.

The beautiful thing about this strategy is that you only trade when the criteria are right for you, and as a safety precaution this particular entry is based on trading WITH the main 4hr trend (CCI 336 down)

Look for most of the the moving averages to stack up neatly in correct order.

The leading 7 (5m 20 green ema running through the candle) on this 15m chart is close to the pink 20 which is below the red 80 (medium red) which is below the 320 (thick red).

Or in English, the 5m 20 is below the 15m 20 which is below the 60m 20 which is below the 4hr 20.

Perfection doesn't come along every day but you can see that when it does it's a very powerful weapon indeed.

We sell after green Heiken Ashi on the 1st red when all other criteria are met.

The opposite is true for Longs.

Just these 3 trades on just ONE pair could have netted you 300 pips on the way down.

a word of caution though. the further your 80 moves from your 320 (last trade in particular) notice the 4hr (336) CCI. Both that and the 84 are crossing the -150 levels I use indicating oversold and possible reversal coming soon.

I'll go into more detail about this later.

Next we will look at getting in a bit quicker with our 5m chart.

12/09/2008 -PLEASE NOTE : the CCI in this Chart are 60m and 4hr with no signal. The new twmplate has a 15m and 60m CCI WITH a signal. Don't worry, just understand it. . I was only for convenience that it's since been changed. The results are still the same, maybe a bit better.

Files:
basic.gif  38 kb

5m Entry

Continuing from last time we now know about the correlation and the 15m entry, but what about scrounging a few extra valuable pips?

This is possible with a 5m entry.

We establish the longer trend from the 60m chart (far right), we ensure all m.a's are in correct order from the 15m chart (middle), then we look at the 5m for a closer look.

The 63CCi (15m 21) is up, all we need now is a retracement back to the m.a's, for them to support and then we enter.

This is where our 7CCI comes in very useful.

The 63CCI crossess from negative to positive, then the 7CCI recrosses to the negative -100 level. As that then powers back through the 0.0 line with the green Heiken Ashi we pull the trigger.

This particular move on Gold went 200 pips

Tomorrow we'll talk about exit strategies, but this should keep you going for now.

I'll be back later with some more on entries, both with the trend and against the trend.

UPDATE 12/9/08 Please note that the 10CCI signal you witness on the 5m chart here has been replaced by a 4CCI (1m 20) for more speed and accuracy.

Continure reading as before but Ignore numbers, just rememebr 4hr CCI or 15m CCI or Signal.

Files:
gold.gif  90 kb

Help at Hand

gringoh:
Hi Fx, Hi all

This thread is really amazing...

I've joined the Boiler Room today but it's not so easy for a newbie to enter the discussion. I'm gone to practice and go back.

I'm a little bit confused with the correspondance of the different MA's on the dfferent TF. Is there a table with those correspondance ?

The 7ema on the 15m chart IS the 20ema on the 5m...

I'm reading the page 23...

Many thanks & enjoy your we

Nevermind, I found the answer in the following page

Hey Gringoh,

Welcome to the thread and delighted you have found us..........Can I make a little suggestion. Take a couple of hours and go back to the beginning of this thread - start at page 1 and work forward. Why I suggest this, is that once you have done so, many of the questions you will not doubt have have already been answered. Keep going over the thread; in a short time you will gain a much greater understanding and so be contributing in the boiler room and on this thread.

What I also think you might want to do, is go back over the thread once you have begun to get up your charts. It will help you enoromously. There are no short cuts to the strategy deployed here; you need to really get to know your MA's and the CCI's.

With all that in mind you will be set; and I am sure the questions you will be asking will be more relevant and your understanding of the strategy far greater, and be well on the way to positive pips in the bank.

Constructive Rockie

new trader learned this system very power full

Hi FX pimp,

Thanks a lot for your system this system very power full I have tried since last month and the result very fantastic, averange 300 pip a week, next week i will start with my real mini account. here my chart set up 15M and 4Hr all working with the good performance I always trade for gu and eu currency. today i get 100 pip for eu and 130 pip for gu.

Best Regards,

Mymarahaba

Files:
gu.jpg  208 kb
eu4hr.jpg  199 kb
gu4hr.jpg  203 kb
eu.jpg  207 kb

CPU usage update

Rialto:
I've been using this FX Sniper CCI which was modified by someone early on in the thread - he did a great job because it is not CPU hungry at all. I just went over the early part of the thread and found the contributor: Omelette, Senior Member, deserves the credit. You'll find his post on page 15, #145. Good Luck.

Thanks, Omelette and all,

Rather than changing all the charts, I closed MT4 and made a copy of "FX Sniper's CCI.mq4" in C:\Program Files\WHC Trader 4\experts\indicators.

I then saved the modified file from this thread as C:\Program Files\WHC Trader 4\experts\indicators\FX Sniper's CCI.mq4 and restarted MT4. It doesn't look as sexy, but it has improved again.

(Now I must forewarn you that I did manage to crash MT4, but I think it was from some other messing around I did). So, roll on Monday....