Martingale EA - page 92

ElectricSavant:
wolfe,

That white text in the upper left corner is so useful...I use it constantly...it was very good that you did that.

ES

Glad you like it. Are all the values working correctly?

ElectricSavant:
I like the maximizing logic of the WFM ("wolfe floating MM")

I was hoping this idea would catch on!

kayvan:
with this one ,you can have a back test , of it`s previous signals.

Thanks kayvan,

I'll check out both the indicators you posted.

ElectricSavant:
Dear wolfe,

We need a LastEntryGap option...right under the LastEntryFilter input.

Love,

ES

ES,

Please explain how this option would work to me. As you know, I can be a little slow...

Emirhan:
To keep the hedge profitable, we could only close the winners and wait for the losers to become profitable.

So that when TFX wants to open a trade it would close the less profitable trade.

Just an idea, though..

I've experimented with this type of idea before. I found it to be a nightmare, and ultimately NOT profitable. Maybe I didn't know what I was doing. Have you tried to code such an animal?

No close trade and tight range of trade open

wolfe:
Anyone else have this problem? I'll look into it.

Wolf..

Looks like this system is not working as axpected on me. I got problem on unable closed automatically even we'have got pips lots and my system also open trade within very tight range (4 pips) from previous trade to the new one, that make account get MC faster. How to set this range as expected??.

Yours set better file are appreciated.

yoha

yoha:
Wolf..

Looks like this system is not working as axpected on me. I got problem on unable closed automatically even we'have got pips lots and my system also open trade within very tight range (4 pips) from previous trade to the new one, that make account get MC faster. How to set this range as expected??.

Yours set better file are appreciated.

yoha

How did you set it up? I need to know ALL the parameters you set, before I can tell what happened to you.

Well I was just thinking that they could be forming a grid to tight on one side with the Last_Entry_Filter set to true...I was thinking that there might be a way to not allow that...

I must think about the logic of this...but if you had the gap set at 5 for example and the kayvan called for an entry closer than that it would wait for the next trigger ....the progression would be on hold....until that fill opportunity occured within the kayvan candle with a gap of at least 5 PIPS or whatever the user set it at...as it could not reverse until then...

ES

wolfe:
ES, Please explain how this option would work to me. As you know, I can be a little slow...

sivach:
wolfe, as I pointed out before, the progression seems to be messed up after a disconnection and restart, please try to resolve this issue.

I'm looking in to it. However, I did completely shut down the platform, and then re-start it. It appeared to me that all the values were held. That's what it's supposed to do with the stored global variables.

I may be wrong though, if you are experiencing some kind of a problem. Could you give me details?

I'm going over the code now. I'm glad to see there are not too many problems!

wolfe, as I pointed out before, the progression seems to be messed up after a disconnection and restart, please try to resolve this issue.

Originally Posted by ElectricSavant

Dear wolfe,

We need a LastEntryGap option...right under the LastEntryFilter input.

In my view also, we may need an input option to decide "MAXIMUM GAP" pip value = because, if the very first buy and sell happens to be very far apart, then that will be much harder to end the cycle, I hope you understand, thanks. Apart from these, current version is fine with proper settings.