Martingale EA - page 89

v1_8

As always, this won't be the last version. Sorry for so many updates. This version hopefully fixes some minor bugs that were found.

Set your EntryLag_Long & EntryLag_Short to how many pips you want to see your order placed above high or below low. It will hopefully place the order (broker willing) where you want it to be. Some things are out of my control. It's more like a general place when dealing with broker games!

The TS should be reliable. As always, let me know of problems or concerns. I want this to work as much as anyone believe me.

Let's test this version for the rest of the week, and compile all the problems. Then this weekend I will try to fix bugs before start of next weeks trading.

Thanks everyone for your involvement.

*This is a re-post of v1_8* Re-install from previous version.

Files:
tfx_v1_8.mq4  63 kb

Thanks Wolf & ElectricSavant

wolfe:
I'll post it tonight.

Many thanks Wolf and ElectricSavant - I've been following this from the beginning. I've always believed that there was a way to incorporate Martingale in some way successfully. I hope this turns out to be just that. Will be testing with anticipation - Thanks again!

wolfe:
Kayvan, We will address these ideas after I fix current bugs. This should be soon.

thank you wolfe.

counting minutes , for that moment.

This actually is a positive confirmation for the Pyramid = true method.

ES

P.S. But do not get rid of the counter trend choice just yet in the code...as you can use it in "Long-Only" or "Short-Only" applications when you are confident of the Long Term trend direction or your favorite lagging-indicator entry.

wolfe:
I like how it works with pyramid true, and LastEntryFilter true. I DO NOT like the setting of pyramid false, and LastEntryFilter true. Be aware of this setting! I think it could hurt.

wolfe and ES,

wolfe:
83.4% of 6 = 6 x 0.834 = 5.004

83.3% of 6 = 6 x 0.833 = 4.998

So, this is about right.

Close_By_Profit & TSLoss_Percent are ignored when Use_Trailing_Stop=true

Please confirm this. Because, in my view, when Use_Trailing_Stop=true======> Close_by_profit and Close_by_percent should be ignored. TSLoss_percent should not be ignored when Use_Trailing_Stop=true as you say.

Please excuse if I am wrong.

wolfe:
Kayvan, We will address these ideas after I fix current bugs. This should be soon.

this is an indicator based on Tom De Mark rules.

Thanks everybody you are very kind and thoughtful.

I just wanted to report v1.8 is now working correctly for the segment of testing I am in...

The LastEntryFilter method of trading actually places time on your side and the longer you are in a "trade-set" the more efficient it becomes.

I will not post a log-in yet as I want to test privatly a little longer to develop a setfile...if I make it that far!

Again.... the TS and the Last_Entry_Filter order placement logic, seem to be consistently functioning in v1.8.

ES

P.S. The "AutoRestart mode of true" bothers me less with the "Last_Entry_Filter = true method" . Another observation about "living with the trade" is I see lotsizes of 1.6 as the last size to reach to allow the TS of 2 bucks at 50% to work thus far...but the character of the market constantly changes and to harness that would be impossible (a hint to why nobody can beat the ElectricSavant Challenge™).

wolfe:

with this one ,you can have a back test , of it`s previous signals.

Files:

All seems to work good so far. But I noticed, after restarting PC or MetaTrader platform, the previous trades are not properly recognised and trades not executed continuosly as supposed to be, maybe I am wrong here. This is a very important issue - if a shutdown, or changing pc (with the same preset file of course), in the middle of a cycle.

For example, I have seen some other EAs do this flawlessly - eg: pipmaker. Please could someone test this and confirm, I think wolfe has a global solution for this matter.

kayvan,

Just when I write you off as an old demanding trader...you come up with posts that just blow me away...I later discover what the hell you are talking about...

I am going to read your posts more thoughtfully from now on.

Please be patient with me as I must catch up to what you post and it can take a while. Meanwhile please keep working with wolfe and do not let me slow down progress.

Thank you for your indulgence with all these side trips (but it actually removed stress from wolfe as he would have had many readers asking for "this-and-that" when he just cut-to-the chase and presented an "open-architecture" model for all to appease their curiosity with).

ES

kayvan:
with this one ,you can have a back test , of it`s previous signals.