Martingale EA - page 126

ElectricSavant:
kayvan....

YOU ARE SUGGESTING THAT FOR THIS EA WE HAVE ONE PIP INTERVALS WITH ONE PIP TP'S ON SEVERAL HUNDRED TRADES...IT IS WHAT YOUMEAN NOT ME

Any dealer will start screwing with you under these conditions...

ES

you mean i am crazy . to require such a stupid thing ?

i say 10 pips tp for each order and a ...?? tp for remaining orders .

thus we can add an option to be able to put order every 2 pips or 3 pips or ... more distance .as trader wants .

TFX_1_8_Trendtraffic

Okay. I wanted to try to improve the TFX_1_8 version a little by looking at an indicator called 'trendtraffic'. I know it is posted here in forex-tsd but I do not remember the link. In this EA, I modified the use Moving Average code to look at trend traffic, it has a fast moving average and slow moving average along with shift. I've been back testing this a little on the eur/jpy and it looks promising. Here is the EA and the .set file. Please let me know what you think. I admit I'm no expert, but someone might also come up with another idea for entry and exit for this EA. My main concern regarding it is that it 'churns', meaning that it open and closes a lot of positions. This uses the choose your own progression. This is set up for someone who might try this on a mini account, feel free to find the best settings as I am also forward testing this on IBFX.

Thanks,

Bluesky

On cable this morning, the overall profit was more than +52, when closing, net loss was -36. Over 240 orders had to be closed.

Anyway, the name of the EA is very much suitable.

Yes, ES misunderstood. I think you mean there to be two different reasons for closing an order: 1) if "its own" TP is reached, or 2) if a combined TP is reached.

Now, I also think that if doing so (i.e. the "own TP" closing), it will kill the hedging effect, and have the result of collecting losers and paying more dearly for them, since they no longer will have hedging trades to balance them.

On the side: by closing buys and sells pairwise, the EA actually avoids one of the trade spreads. Ordinarily a buy is closed against Bid and a sell against Ask. When closing pairwise, the buy and sell are closed against the same price, which thus saves one spread.

Pippedout

Had a thought..

Trending up: Buy into weakness (Long) Sell into strength (Short)

Trending down: Buy into weakness (Short) Sell into strength (Long)

I am still working with 1.6V

Seems like we are chasing the tail . We need to get back perhaps to some of the original coding. Wolfe did a great job with vs 1.6 it still profitable for me albeit not spectacular. It is holding it's own. Not knowing all the intercracies of the EA after reading most of the posts I find that I will continue testing 1.6 till it doesn't work. So far so good. What are youre opinions .

By the way 1.8 blew up my acct.

Berdj

look @ the picture below . i diden`t close the ea since yesterday after the ISM news . it took profit with the news ,but after that as you can see we have a lot of orders till now , that if they had tp , now we have been collected so many pips and had a few floating positions, waiting for a real movement in the market .

Files:
pipidiot_3.gif  52 kb

kayvan:
i meant 1 tp for avery order . it means that 1 tp could be 5 or 10 or 15 or 20 or ..........

in another word :We need 2 kind of tp , one ,for every order , and another for remaining orders.that we have this second option now(WHF)

this will certainly reduce our order mass , and . we will earn more profit in none trade hours .with less remaining orders left .

E.S you are always looking for my mistakes in dictations. please read them deeply and understand me that i can not write and read as well as you can.

Kayvan,

I have concerns in setting individual take profits for each order.

1. This will TOTALLY kill the hedging aspect of the system.

2. The second you start taking profit on individual orders you're floating loss WILL increase. WFM will NEVER be reached with individual TP for each order.

This is how I see it.

ElectricSavant:
This is what you requested in big red letters below.

Then you start talking about another system that used 10 pips TP on the NFP...what is it kayvan...what will it be?

First you come here and have the Holy Grail

Then you modify it to the second holy grail..

now you want another method...

In the other thread at pipmaker you complained that they would not listen to you...geeeee...I wonder why?

ES

P.S. I am not going to ask wolfe or Ralph FOR ONE MORE THING, unless YOU pay them for it kayvan. I am out of here...

i meant 1 tp for avery order . it means that 1 tp could be 5 or 10 or 15 or 20 or ..........

in another word :We need 2 kind of tp , one ,for every order , and another for remaining orders.that we have this second option now(WFM)

this will certainly reduce our order mass , and . we will earn more profit in none trade hours .with less remaining orders left .

E.S you are always looking for my mistakes in dictations. please read them deeply and understand me that i can not write and read as well as you can.