V1andV2 Hedged EA: Beautiful Equity Curve - page 5

coolhand:
Thanks for the help mike. But I do have to say I am impressed with the results on the eur/usd. Usd/chf tested very good also. My test showed an 80% return in 4 months. Are you getting the same results in your live account?

I have only been testing live for approximately 2 weeks, but I have closed out 5% profits twice, which, of course, would be 80% in 4 months. So yes, exactly the same results so far.

Wow. Thanks mikejody for uploading this system. I will surely be looking at it later on tonight.

I would request that if people do feel the need to post a backtest that they post all information about it, not just the equity curve, and indicate the quality and source of the data used. Discussions based on backtests have until now proved virtually useless. If you feel uncomfortalble using this EA then don't. But I'm getting sort tired of these "look this will blow your account" posts based on backtests.

Thank you for your cooperation and mikejody for opening this thread.

Statement for V1 & V2 original

I'm transferring my results from the other thread. This is for the original separate V1 and V2 experts on the EUR/USD, starting with $10,000. Since I'm using a IBFX mini demo account, I should probably move to the mini versions. It still produces a respectable 1% per month with very low drawdown.

Files:

zuijlen:
I would request that if people do feel the need to post a backtest that they post all information about it, not just the equity curve, and indicate the quality and source of the data used. Discussions based on backtests have until now proved virtually useless. If you feel uncomfortalble using this EA then don't. But I'm getting sort tired of these "look this will blow your account" posts based on backtests. Thank you for your cooperation and mikejody for opening this thread.

Data Source = IBFX, Symbol=EUR/USD one attached to this post is from the start of the data, the next one is from the start of the year, history was cleared an re-downloaded, testing was done on the 5min interval using the 'every tick' option. It does well over the last couple of months but any more than that and you get wiped. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. If people choose to ignore these warnings, that's cool, it's not my money.

Files:

This one is from the start of the year. It's only going to take one of those hits to half your account, the risk/reward is bulls**t.

Files:

attach the backtest result currency..

Files:
test.jpg  91 kb

Another backtest [sigh...]

Just for fun, I thought I would try the backtester on this one. I used the combined expert, otherwise a backtest would not be possible, so I'm not sure how the two separate experts and the combined one compare. However, with the low risk settings I'm using for forward testing, the results are similar over the same period; the backtest is slightly better and has a smoother equity curve.

I also tried the mini version, from the beginning of the year, using IBFX 5 min data and every tick, and starting with $10,000. This is what I get:

The report is attached. Looks decent enough to me. The results are somewhat dependent on the timeframe used (which shouldn't be the case), but nothing to blow the account.

Note that, when presenting this EA, cucurucu indicated that settings should be conservative and that sufficient starting balance should be used.

If you take the start date back one month, how much of your account gets wiped? oh...about this much...But you obvously know best.