V1andV2 Hedged EA: Beautiful Equity Curve - page 11

"Dr" Kilmeister, please allow me to warn you that you are dangerously closed to being banned. Not because of your critical comments about the EA, but because of your childish manner of presenting them.

May I encourage you to either go elsewhere or remain silent here? Even a fool is thought wise if he remains silent, so why open your mouth and remove all doubt?

Dr. Lemmy Kilmeister:
50% modeling quality on control points is pure junk.

If you can beleive the backtests

I ran tests on v1v2bolla and the mini5% and both times my account was blown out. The mini5% lasted only about 2 weeks and the bolla version went from 6/22/06 to 2/22/07 before blowing up. This is a great ranging ea but spikes and extended trends seem to be devastating.

Files:

coolhand:
I ran tests on v1v2bolla and the mini5% and both times my account was blown out. The mini5% lasted only about 2 weeks and the bolla version went from 6/22/06 to 2/22/07 before blowing up. This is a great ranging ea but spikes and extended trends seem to be devastating.

Of 6/22/06 on 2/22/07 ? 7 months !

Would need to test the new version, and not only there backtest

schoe:
Hello all. I'm really confused now after reading this thread.

Who is to be believed. Several people some Senior members are stating it will definitely blow your account.

Others who appear just as believable including several other Senior members are saying that it won't do that and hasn't in the past and is relatively safe because it is hedged.

So can somebody tell me who to believe????

Many thanks.

Some people are just really afraid of risk. But there is risk in everything. I can imagine the Wright brothers hearing, "that airplane WILL crash, it is just a matter of time!"

I'm a pilot for Continental Airlines and am glad the Wright brothers persisted through the naysayers and non-risk takers to develop airplanes. Yes, some have crashed, but the norm is safe transportation for millions of people.

I view that much like this EA. Yes, it could crash. But I believe the norm will be a profitable trading system for a long time.

Start small, go slow, pretty soon we're flying high .

mikejody:
Some people are just really afraid of risk. But there is risk in everything. I can imagine the Wright brothers hearing, "that airplane WILL crash, it is just a matter of time!"

I'm a pilot for Continental Airlines and am glad the Wright brothers persisted through the naysayers and non-risk takers to develop airplanes. Yes, some have crashed, but the norm is safe transportation for millions of people.

I view that much like this EA. Yes, it could crash. But I believe the norm will be a profitable trading system for a long time.

Thanks Mike. I'm certainly going to test it unless I find something that works my account will be blown again anyway so risk is not a problem for me as trading and losing consistently by manual trading is even riskier

Is it not possible to run these type of EA'S alongside another EA that works for trends so if a massive trend does blow out this type of system the other trending method will cover it with the gains it makes in the trending market.

Another option although possilby more expensive could be to hedge against a big market move by using a service such as betsfortraders.com to hedge but this would cost quite a bit of the profits.

I look forward to following this thread.

Hi!

i've tried to test this ea too. and i have some interesting results. I think, it's very sweety, so i'll make forward test to proove it. see attachments.

Files:

mikejody:

I would have to agree with you Mike, being too greedy and aggressive with this strategy will be what makes an account crash.

Anyways this strategy is all about setting up the correct environment in your account. By this mean enough cash in it to ride out up to level 12. Which is 240 pips at a pipstep of 20. The way I have set it up on a spreadsheet is that at level 12 you will have opened up a trade with 20.48 lots if you started at 0.01 lots.

This means that we have to assume that the market can go 240 pips with not a single 20pip retracement at all. This is definitly possible, but not very probable. Especially on currencies like EURUSD and USDJPY. I would not trade anyother currency pair especially GBPUSD or GBPJPY and other extremely volatile pairs.

So how much margin will we need to open up 12 levels, with a total of 40.95 lots and 240 pips? I've worked it out that you will have opened $819.00 against you. Meaning that if you are at the maximum end of your 12th level totalling 240 pips your $dollar amount is -819.00 . This means that you will need AT LEAST $1000 to open up a micro account where 0.01 lots is $0.01 dollars.

anyways hope this rant was useful.

Edit::

If you want to sustain a 300 pip trend with not a single 20 pip retracement (this is highly unlikely, but ofcourse POSSIBLE!) the number of lots open at the highest level are 327.37 total lots, the 15th level lot is 163.84 (again this is unlikley becuase there are very few brokers that even allow lots greater then 50) and the total negative dollar value would be -6553.40. Which means that you will need close to $10000. These calculations were based on micro lots, 0.01 lots = $0.01 Dollars, you would need a massive account to play with this EA even if you were playing 0.01lots = $0.10dollars

and btw, these calculations do not include spread..

Deep drawdown is uglier than the drone of an ominous funeral durge. Margin call has been compared to passing a kidney stone while having your left leg amputated. Ever experienced those sensations? No? Run this EA and I assure you that you will.

Dr. Lemmy Kilmeister:
Deep drawdown is uglier than the drone of an ominous funeral durge. Margin call has been compared to passing a kidney stone while having your left leg amputated. Ever experienced those sensations? No? Run this EA and I assure you that you will.

Maybe you are a Broker Lemmy !! lol.

Why not tell us how you trade if you can do better be constructive.

Dr. Lemmy Kilmeister:

haha you do make a good point on the pschyology. I have had a few years of experience so I assure you I have experienced quite a bit of drawdown..

anyways...

Everyone please be warned that this EA is not for the faint of heart. It should be just another tool in your toolbox while you explore other trading strategies as well. It should not be what you base your entire forex life on or all of your money for that matter.