Goblin "BiPolar" Edition - page 15

Settings

Maybe you should start with posting your settings first, because than we can all analyze them together and make a judgement call.

Instead you ask others for their settings................

But looking at your closed trades YOU should see the problem within 5 seconds, this is how long it took me even without my glasses on and beeing over 60 years and a slow shooter.

Janus

Goblin Bipolar

Yes Bluto,

It(he) does not buy and it(he) does not sell, and I have no indication on him(it,her) why

JanusTrading:
Maybe you should start with posting your settings first, because than we can all analyze them together and make a judgement call.

Instead you ask others for their settings................

But looking at your closed trades YOU should see the problem within 5 seconds, this is how long it took me even without my glasses on and beeing over 60 years and a slow shooter.

Janus

Ok, thanks. What am I doing wrong?

SystemWideParms=** Goblin Systemwide Parameters **

LotSize=0.01000000

UseMoneyMgmt=0

EquityProtectionLevel=0.00000000

MaxLossPerOrder=0.00000000

TargetEquityToCloseAndReset=0.00000000

RiskPercent=2

UseFiboLotSizeProgression=1

UseConservativeRSX_Signals=1

RSX_Period=17

RSX_Timeframe=60

UseSMATrendFilter=1

TrendFilterSMATimeFrame=60

TrendFilterFastSMAPeriod=65

TrendFilterMediumSMAPeriod=20

TrendFilterSlowSMAPeriod=7

LongTradeParms=** Goblin Buy Side Parameters **

LongTakeProfit=15.00000000

LongInitialStop=1.00000000

LongTrailingStop=10.00000000

LongMaxTrades=5

LongPips=5

LongSecureProfit=10

LongAccountProtection=0

LongOrderstoProtect=0

ShortTradeParms=** Goblin Sell Side Parameters **

ShortTakeProfit=15.00000000

ShortInitialStop=1.00000000

ShortTrailingStop=10.00000000

ShortMaxTrades=5

ShortPips=5

ShortSecureProfit=10

ShortAccountProtection=0

ShortOrderstoProtect=0

Bi polar still hasnt placed any trades sence my last post somthing is wrong I think. Has anyone else put a equity target on and have it work? Thanks

cockeyedcowboy:
We know what your saying. You just dont understand that each time you filp back and forth your still incurring unrealized losses that have to be made up. You can not lower your profit target you have to keep raising it. Especially if your useing a fib progressions where your not doubleing the lot size your'll need even bigger profit target amounts then if your doubleing. Do it on paper from a chart and see. The CockeyedCowboy

No, you don't understand what I am saying at all. I understand that the unrealized losses increase, but since each flip the lot size doubles, and tp is a set dollar amount, the amount of pips to counter the unrealized losses and to make a profit is reduced. I suggest you do the math to see for yourself.

Also, I never said i was using fib progression. I said that the margin level would increase at a fib level (not a tradional fib, but an extended fib). This is because if you sell .1 lot you use .1 lot in margin. When the price action reverses and you have to buy .2 lots, you are still only using .1 in margin because most brokers don't charge margin for hedge positions. When you have to sell .4 lots, you have .5 sold total, and .2 bought, which means you have .3 in margin used. This is pretty commonplace among brokers.

matrixebiz:
What settings have been working?

Since I started it new yesterday I'm loosing money.

Can someone explain to me what the setting reguarding the money protection and setting like those do?

Thanks

IMO, you haven't been running the EA long enough to draw the conclusion that you're losing money.

bluto:
IMO, you haven't been running the EA long enough to draw the conclusion that you're losing money.

Ok. but how are my settings? am I protected incase of a market crash? I'm trying the EA on all 16 currencies to see which ones yield the best results.

E.a

Thank you Bluto for your indications.

I am going to make modifications and I shall return to realize you the resultat.

Very friendly Yves

matrixebiz:
Ok. but how are my settings? am I protected incase of a market crash? I'm trying the EA on all 16 currencies to see which ones yield the best results.

Your settings are pretty much the defaults. I think your stops look too tight to allow the trades enough breathing room. What chart TF are you running this on? If you're afraid of a market crash and all hell breaking loose, you might want to put a value in "EquityProtectionLevel", which is the minimum equity level you want to preserve in your account. When this value is reached, the EA closes all open orders and halts.

Hopefully, you're not trading this on live money yet....are you?

Yves81:
Yes Bluto, It(he) does not buy and it(he) does not sell, and I have no indication on him(it,her) why

Some of the new signal/filter criteria in this BiPolar version of the EA have resulted in it being considerably more picky and conservative about triggering buys & sells than the regular Goblin version. The outcome should be far fewer trades of higher quality meaning that you're not in the market as much. However, for those that get anxious when they don't see lots of buy/sell order activity in the terminal window, I'd definitely suggest setting " UseSMATrendFilter" to false, and if you're really aggressive, set " UseConservativeRSX_Signals" to false. If you're still not getting signals after that, there might be some kind of bug. My version is working fine with "UseSMATrendFilter" set to false.