Goblin "BiPolar" Edition - page 14

Hey guys,

Thanks to the maker of this EA. I have been testing 24 hours now on a 10 K demo, it looks pretty safe for 1k on the same settings, it has made 500$.. I will post a statement when its long enough.

Yeah!! Baby!! Holidays Rule...

JanusTrading:
Hallo everyone,

hope you all had a great Christmas.

After reading and analyzing a lot of settings and statements here is my very conservative commentary.

Like in terminator for several month, results are achieved with an outragous leverage, which WILL, and i repeat WILL wipe out your accounts.

This is not an assumption, this is fact and easy to see already now.

Look at the backtest results posted on EUR/USD...........these would have in a real account already caused in the 56th trade sequence a margin call and a liquidation of all positions by the broker, this would have occured 3x times thereafter.

Read very very carefully the "live trading account margin policy of your broker", which will differ substantially from what one can trade in a demo account.

Further look at the maximum movement of EUR/USD during this particular backtest time.It was moving up and down nicely in cycles.There was no 200 pip move in 1 direction, which will kill the account in any case.

Believing that trading both directions will "hedge" you is just plain wrong.While the larger positions taken in the "wrong" direction, Bipolar edition will place trades in the other direction, but only with the very small initial lotsize and these trades will yield a profit which is far far too low to offset the big drawdowns of the "wrong positions".

Do not get me wrong............this EA is by far the best , i have seen and i am trading 10point3 and its hybrids already for month in live accounts.

my accounts have so far concluded over 5000 trades, since i started and during fast moves, only manual trading + my very conservative leverage+positive swap saved me from hughe losses.

Be restassured that i am not trading in a "nano lot" account, so i know and watched the drawdowns of 5 figure numbers on several occasions.

Here is the real problem:

All these hybrids make you feel very safe on the "high" leverage and produce outstanding returns for a few weeks and even month, until that day comes after a news release, were the markets are making large moves without retracement.

If all of you could have seen Tom Marnevals "Terminator" account vanish in just 1 DAY!!!! from 200 000 USD to 51k USD, you would trade differently.

And that was with a 112% profit in 3 month before.

So all profits gone, plus 50% of principal.

If you can afford to risk that, go ahead and trade 0.1 lots on a 10k account.

It is not todays profit, which counts in trading, it is the consistent ability to generate profits and still have a good return after 1 year.

I am very happy with my "miserable" 3.2-4%" per month in my live accounts(which the hotshot traders in here make in less than a week), but this is sustainable during many!(not all movements) and depends on the selection of pairs and the traders knowledge of correlation factors, because my EA trades different sizes in different pairs and different directions in certain pairs from time to time.

All i can wish you "agressive traders" is a smooth 2007 and always keep in mind...................

Underleverage is the key to this EA

Janus

Janus, I’m sorry to hear about the account destruction. Sounds like it may not have been your personal money which is always nice.

I also agree that margin is of the utmost. I’m glad someone else is mentioning this so more attention is focused on it. In that back test that you refer to I agree that the 6.4 lot trade may or may not have even been placed but a margin call was certainly in order.

It's hard to understand sometimes that a test account doesn’t have to hit zero to blow up.

I think the equity based take profit is a great idea. I also think a margin-based or account-size-based stop loss is a needed feature.

I'd also like to point out that one of Galindo's original versions of multi-lot-scalper employs a dynamic take-profit window. This is a REALLY nice feature because it allows your winners to run while locking in profits based on your criteria. Both trailing-stop and take-profit points are modified with each new movement. And in our case an equity-based take-profit is locked in because the trailing-stop is never adjusted below that level. This kind of window could be modified to use on the stop-loss side.

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/9330

Cheers and happy holidays.

Piptits

+++ Piptit’s takes care of holiday giving at Vic’s Secret. Victoria’s provides the highest quality boulder holders and makes clasps easy enough to remove with one hand. +++

Something to consider

Goblin bi polar

Hello Bluto

I downloaded the E.A but it does not work.

Has there do it(he) t particular regulations to be installed(be settled)?

Sincerely Yours Yves81

Be careful

Hallo everyone,

hope you all had a great Christmas.

After reading and analyzing a lot of settings and statements here is my very conservative commentary.

Like in terminator for several month, results are achieved with an outragous leverage, which WILL, and i repeat WILL wipe out your accounts.

This is not an assumption, this is fact and easy to see already now.

Look at the backtest results posted on EUR/USD...........these would have in a real account already caused in the 56th trade sequence a margin call and a liquidation of all positions by the broker, this would have occured 3x times thereafter.

Read very very carefully the "live trading account margin policy of your broker", which will differ substantially from what one can trade in a demo account.

Further look at the maximum movement of EUR/USD during this particular backtest time.It was moving up and down nicely in cycles.There was no 200 pip move in 1 direction, which will kill the account in any case.

Believing that trading both directions will "hedge" you is just plain wrong.While the larger positions taken in the "wrong" direction, Bipolar edition will place trades in the other direction, but only with the very small initial lotsize and these trades will yield a profit which is far far too low to offset the big drawdowns of the "wrong positions".

Do not get me wrong............this EA is by far the best , i have seen and i am trading 10point3 and its hybrids already for month in live accounts.

my accounts have so far concluded over 5000 trades, since i started and during fast moves, only manual trading + my very conservative leverage+positive swap saved me from hughe losses.

Be restassured that i am not trading in a "nano lot" account, so i know and watched the drawdowns of 5 figure numbers on several occasions.

Here is the real problem:

All these hybrids make you feel very safe on the "high" leverage and produce outstanding returns for a few weeks and even month, until that day comes after a news release, were the markets are making large moves without retracement.

If all of you could have seen Tom Marnevals "Terminator" account vanish in just 1 DAY!!!! from 200 000 USD to 51k USD, you would trade differently.

And that was with a 112% profit in 3 month before.

So all profits gone, plus 50% of principal.

If you can afford to risk that, go ahead and trade 0.1 lots on a 10k account.

It is not todays profit, which counts in trading, it is the consistent ability to generate profits and still have a good return after 1 year.

I am very happy with my "miserable" 3.2-4%" per month in my live accounts(which the hotshot traders in here make in less than a week), but this is sustainable during many!(not all movements) and depends on the selection of pairs and the traders knowledge of correlation factors, because my EA trades different sizes in different pairs and different directions in certain pairs from time to time.

All i can wish you "agressive traders" is a smooth 2007 and always keep in mind...................

Underleverage is the key to this EA

Janus

Note since some posters obviously do NOT know the "Tom Marneval" account:

TM started a thread in the "Elite section" of this forum presenting a new 10point3 EA hybrid called "Terminator" and forward Demo tested it over 4 month ago.

Some folks contributed to the thread and started after really great results to duplicate trading(to my knowledge also in live accounts).

TM account went to 112% profit and than blew in 1 day, due to a leverage, which was perceived by actually ALL thread members as safe.

I personally was "lucky"(not smart) by having used a more conservative leverage and having closed ALL positions except 3 (USD/CHF;GBP/CHF(not traded anymore by me);EUR/CHF) right before that news release.

I still hold the USD/CHF position as of today with my last entry still off some 100pips from current prices............but including swap and subsequent profits, i am back on track, after an almost 13% drawdown on my original principal amount.(only on that position@low)

So i was just lucky NOT have lost my shirt on this very day.

Reason i mention this is to help other folks with my live trading experiences to pick the right leverage, if one wants to trade this EA in a real account.

Take this post as an example, what can happen, even if it worked for over 3 month nicely.

Excuse me if I over looked this possible issue, but wouldn't swap be a problem as well? Even if all things were equal with the pips, on both buy and sell sides, one side is still going to have negative swap over time, no?

Yves81:
Hello Bluto

I downloaded the E.A but it does not work.

Has there do it(he) t particular regulations to be installed(be settled)?

Sincerely Yours Yves81

Yves...can you provide a bit more information? Do you see any error messages on the "Experts" tab of the terminal window? What do you mean specifically when you say it "doesn't work"?...is it not placing trades?

Ducati:
Sorry to confuse. Essentially, what I am proposing is an EA that opens orders based on price action. It simply goes with the price. It buys as it goes up and sells as it goes down. Eventually there will be move in one direction that creates a profit and all previous orders are closed.

We know what your saying. You just dont understand that each time you filp back and forth your still incurring unrealized losses that have to be made up. You can not lower your profit target you have to keep raising it. Especially if your useing a fib progressions where your not doubleing the lot size your'll need even bigger profit target amounts then if your doubleing. Do it on paper from a chart and see.

The CockeyedCowboy

JanusTrading:
Hallo everyone,

hope you all had a great Christmas.......

I am very happy with my "miserable" 3.2-4%" per month in my live accounts(which the hotshot traders in here make in less than a week), but this is sustainable during many!(not all movements) and depends on the selection of pairs and the traders knowledge of correlation factors, because my EA trades different sizes in different pairs and different directions in certain pairs from time to time.......

There is a whole lot in that one paragraph, everone should read it meny time till all is understood.

The CockeyedCowboy

Target Equity

I put a target equity of 10 on and it did close all trades but it wont restart whenit tries to put on a trade it dose not allow it it keeps poping up that the target equity has been reached and all trades are closed. must have something set wrong everything is default except target equity of ten. Im going to take it off for now untill i figure it out.

What settings have been working?

Since I started it new yesterday I'm loosing money.

Can someone explain to me what the setting reguarding the money protection and setting like those do?

Thanks