Goblin "BiPolar" Edition - page 9

thanks...

i'm thankful for you taking the time to give a proper response.

i guess im a little confused when you say hedging. if you mean hedging in the sense that the EA has a position on the other side then consider what may happen if it is in the 5 step on one side and the first step on the other. what would happen if the market continued to move against the 5th step position. the first step position wouldn't offset much would it. margin call wouldve probably hit by now eh? this is theoretical of course and may or may not happen.

anyone have equity requirements?

snarlZnPop:
i'm thankful for you taking the time to give a proper response.

i guess im a little confused when you say hedging. if you mean hedging in the sense that the EA has a position on the other side then consider what may happen if it is in the 5 step on one side and the first step on the other. what would happen if the market continued to move against the 5th step position. the first step position wouldn't offset much would it. margin call wouldve probably hit by now eh? this is theoretical of course and may or may not happen.

anyone have equity requirements?

I only use 4 max but look at my forward tests and see what happens. It can make moeny.

Strange. I was thinking about asking Bluto to incorporate Davids recycling idea while driving home. Just turned on my computer and this has been already discussed.

Thank you Bluto, David and everyone contributing to Goblin developement.

Have a peaceful Holidays !

I think the key to making the difference or not with thing is going to be the settings.

Re:Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

bluto:
I think the key to making the difference or not with thing is going to be the settings.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Bluto:

Wish You Merry Christmas and Happy New year!

Sincerely,

rswamy4449

bluto

bluto

thanks mate. please code a switch "dualsequence = true/false" so we can have old goblin and bipolar goblin in the same script.

cheers

piptits

What values should we put for Account Protect and Order Protect?

contrary to popular belief. The account will not blow up.

as you can see over a year even though there were constantly losing positions equity stayed near the starting balance.

They way this will work is to close all positions and start fresh when a desired equity increase is reached.

I currently do it manually on my forward tests.

remember the forward test I posted that had 5k in losing positions? Remember I also closed all positions for 1600$ profit above starting balance. Then started fresh. Then made another 2k or more in the following 3 days.

Closing losing positions while equity is above starting point is it.

And bluto, can you add in the settings window the ability to chose what time frame it takes trend signals from?

I think these 2 things is all it needs.

Files:

xxDavidxSxx:
contrary to popular belief. The account will not blow up.

as you can see over a year even though there were constantly losing positions equity stayed near the starting balance.

They way this will work is to close all positions and start fresh when a desired equity increase is reached.

I currently do it manually on my forward tests.

remember the forward test I posted that had 5k in losing positions? Remember I also closed all positions for 1600$ profit above starting balance. Then started fresh. Then made another 2k or more in the following 3 days.

Closing losing positions while equity is above starting point is it.

i think that closing losing positions is the same to attacch stop loss for sequence. what do you think about it?

giapel

... I wish You Merry Christmas and Happy New year