Goblin "BiPolar" Edition - page 12

The EA works perfectly for 0.01 lots...the question is, does your broker or your account? If your broker doesn't support nano lots (or micro lots on a standard account), you won't be able to use them.

InterbankFX I know supports them, and I'm sure several others do...I just don't know which ones.

I think Bluto IS already gone for the holiday...like I should be.

sstillwell

sstillwell:
The EA works perfectly for 0.01 lots...the question is, does your broker or your account? If your broker doesn't support nano lots (or micro lots on a standard account), you won't be able to use them.

InterbankFX I know supports them, and I'm sure several others do...I just don't know which ones.

I think Bluto IS already gone for the holiday...like I should be.

sstillwell

i tried to backtest 0.01 but fail...1 pip equals usd0.01

cockeyedcowboy:
20$ in mini lots (.1 lot) would be 20 pip move they are the same.

And may be you should reread my post nothing in it say anything about margin. It talks about unrealized losses that have to be made up. Look at it again for the first time.

The Cockeyed Cowboy

20 pips is only $20 for .1 lot. When you increase the lot size, the the number of pips needed to make $20 decreases.

Also, you said that doubling lots is not fib progression. When you double in the opposite direction, the effect is a fib progression.

What I am talking about seems like it may be a bit over your head. I suggest you visit www.babypips.com to learn some basics about Forex Trading.

bluto:
I introduced a darned bug when I added that Fibo code. The zip on the main page is updated with the fixed EA. Here it is if you want to re-test.

Hi Bluto,

I d/l the fixed EA and tried backtest using the Fibo lots progression. However, the journal still show the lot progression is still 0.1, 0.2, 0.4, 0.8...... not the Fibo.

Wish You Merry Christmas & Enjoy Your Holiday!!

Wilson

Ducati:
20 pips is only $20 for .1 lot. When you increase the lot size, the the number of pips needed to make $20 decreases.

Also, you said that doubling lots is not fib progression. When you double in the opposite direction, the effect is a fib progression.

What I am talking about seems like it may be a bit over your head. I suggest you visit www.babypips.com to learn some basics about Forex Trading.

this is a waste of my time its like talking to a wall. Hope your learn how to read before you get out of high school. boy dum as a stump or what?

Soom:
You can this and use TargetEquityToCloseAndReset as a percentage :

TargetEquityToCloseAndReset=20 a target of 20%

Regards

thanks. This seems to work well. But I think as the account grows I need to scale down the %.

Looks like the % should be equal to 250-500$ and not much more.

Back test is on one pair too. While forward test is on 3 pairs.

I will see what the equity % does as I run it live on 3 pairs. It should be easier to reach equity% with 3 pairs.

xxDavidxSxx:
thanks. This seems to work well. But I think as the account grows I need to scale down the %.

I will see what the equity % does as I run it live on 3 pairs. It should be easier to reach equity% with 3 pairs.

Maybe instead of using a % we should use a fixed amount : 500$ instead of 10%

Soom:

yes i agree.

WHat starting capital for 3 pairs? what are the pairs? euro, pound, swiss?

Goblin Bipolar backtest problem

xxDavidxSxx:

I am trying to backtest but it only buys no sell orders at all.

Can someone help ?

---------------------------------

OK. I have found the problem.

Ignore that post.

Soom:

yea maybe

I am hoping it will be usefull on multiple pairs. As the equity from all 3 pairs trades becomes a % all 3 will close trades and reset. With all 3 set to reset at 10% equity increase, there all three tied together with the same equity target. I hope.

max trades 4

pips 18

target 15

mm true

risk 1

equity target 10

thats what I'll be running this week forward test on 3 pairs like befor.

Dave