Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 69

Goblins Doing Great!!

Goblin is growing great this week. Up $1300 so far with default settings except TP at 30. Has anyone started a rough draft manual yet?

jarcrocker:
Goblin is growing great this week. Up $1300 so far with default settings except TP at 30. Has anyone started a rough draft manual yet?

Wait 'till you see the added potential of the enhancements...

Goblin1

The week to date for Goblin1 using the settings on post #672.

As from today I have placed Goblinfibo1.2 over Goblin1 and I have also placed Goblin Options over GoblinfiboDH, I will post those results tomorrow together with the settings used.

John

Files:
goblin11.htm  74 kb
goblin11.gif  5 kb

Get over it

phorex_phreak:
for these type of EA's to work you have to have a plan in case of disaster if a 300 or 400 pip drop happens without a retracement, its happened before and it will happen again........take the warning and formulate aplan around this problem, once you do that it will become a viable EA to trade live, until then its a good short-term EA with a potential for disaster when shit hits the fan.....keep on phreaking

I have spend the night reading this thread and learning the system.

Get over yourself. Everybody here has done excellent work. Here is my opinion. If you need this so bad why don't you take the time to learn how to do it. Al comment so far have been constructive and if you took the time to read these threads you will see that in part there are systems set in place to protect you against the once in a blue moon 300, 400 drop.

This my first post on this forum. I used to write VT ATS's but find this system to be supreme even in testing stages. How should Bruno know what to do if you dont provide him with a guide to your problem

No pun intended

The Source

My Bad

phorex_phreak:
Phorex Phreak Solution To Big Moves

For this kind of EA to have a chance at any longevity long term and avoiding its prime weakness of the big 400-500 move without a retracement there are 2 steps that MUST be implemented in the EA before even considering using it.......

#1- when a position goes against you and lets say your second order is executed to open, the EA MUST close the first one at a loss, why??? to avoid building up positions and using unecessary margin..so if a 3rd position is opened, that second one is closed at a loss as well, and so on..

#2- now lets say your max trade is open all the way at 10, this means that your down 5.12 lots, now if the position goes against you another 20 pips, open a hedge at 5.13 lots the other way simultaneosly, that way if you have a nasty 500 pip drop due to an unexpected news anouncement at least you have some built in hedge protection and even might profit from it because your using 5.13 versus the other 5.12 position that opened....or you can add hedge positions incrementally at intervals say at every 15 pips you add 1 lot.......

thats the only way i would consider using this EA LIVE, is if bluto can at least implement these 2 protection ideas, would make me sleep better at night.........let me know all your thoughts....

Missed this post, Sorry mate, Like I said "no pun intended" - Just me getting excited over this EA.

Hope you sleep at night

I agree

Tross:
Some people post suggestions and ideas.

Some people post results and pieces of code.

But,

If I was Bluto, I wouldnt' take too kindly to some of the demanding statements that are being made here. I agree Bluto is a talented coder and I also look forward to the changes that he implements as well as waiting for the next release.

Realize this, he is under no obligation to anyone to 'explain' anything to you, or 'code' the ideas that you think MUST be in the EA.

If you feel that strongly about something, feel free to browse the mql4 docs and write some code.

/rant off

Tross you make a great point - Phorex Phreak could take this to mind. Dude get over the whole 300 -400 pip drop thing. If this is such a bad EA according to you, why do you constantly keep popping up with comments.

I imagine you sitting with a cocktail at some bar telling your friend about all the money you are making with Goblin, acting like you spawned the idea, but you won't share it with them.

Bluto, thank you for your work, coding isn't just mixing strings and statement in a basket. I read the code and I am amazed at the whole structure.

Phorex Phreak ignore my previous post - you are an idiot, go back to tradingthe MACD Sample

The Source

All these 400 pip moves

Again, i would like to apply some common sense to the afore mentioned 400 unexpected pip moves.

1.When do these usually occur?

Almost all major moves without retracement of 20-30 pips(note that this is indeed very important) happened right after news releases( precise time well known before hand) and in the days thereafter.

Getting stuck in max trades was only possible, if you already had the wrong side of the trade, before the news release.

Easy way to avoid these is simple: Do not trade , switch off EA 12 hours before

and turn it back on , once market has settled after a few hours or even a day later.

2.Goblin, unlike Terminator or other hybrids of 10 points3, has indicators, which at least in my trading, have prevented to take the "wrong" way, if traded like in 1 described.

3.Avoid the highly volatile pairs in GBP

You are not making more money, but stressing your margin and equity.

Further i have pointed out some techniques, i use in live trading, previously.All of them worked very well in the past.My largest unexpected drawdowns were 200 pips, which got all recovered, except 1 so far(USD/CHF).

As a last point, please remember that an EA is a trading system, which is only as good as the operator.If you expose any EA to situations, which a normal or even a pro trader would not trade, you are asking something almost impossible.

To demand, or even say that Goblin can only be traded live, if it captures and copes with every possible market, is just a little too much.

Use it smart, with a low leverage and you will make money, i can assure you that from several month of live trading.

Bluto has done an outstanding job in improving the old 10point3 EA and i am very optimistic, that the next version will be even better.

Lets all be patient and add a little traders sense to this thread.

Janus

Spread change

bluto:
While certainly not a replacement for the hedging strategy I'm building into Goblin, I've been tinkering with another algorithm to anticipate these huge account wrecking moves. It goes something like this....the EA constantly monitors the Bid/Ask spread and when it detects unusual widening which typically begins to occur well ahead of big news announcements, it dynamically reduces MaxTrades to some proportional value. In other words, Maxtrades is always scaled to the normalized spread....this keeps you from being trapped in a relentless countermove buy/sell cycle and minimizes the number of pending orders until you can jump on the new move. Just an idea. Of course, this is not an alternative to the outstanding advice Janus has provided here on leverage management and other techniques. I'm glad he has provided his valuable insight and participates in the Goblin trials.

Hi. Here is what I have in mind to cover the 500 - 1 000 000 pip drop that bugs Phorex PHreak,

Lets work with the EUR/USD as an example. Based on IBFX it has a 2 pip spread. If the spread increases for any reason, the EA disables itself untill the spread returns to it original status and the new trend it established. The basic idea is not to stop the EA but to pause it during volatile moments.

Great work so far.

The Source

The Goblin

I'm not sure I have it set up right so far this week on fxdd demo Ive been running the goblin on the 4 majors. The first night I was certainly impressed with nearly a $1000 dollar gain just over night on a 5K account. Not so sure now like on the GBP/USD its saying the daily trend is in a strong down trend when it actually has been going long sense Nov 17th with a little retracement last week. Anyway the Goblin has been putting trades on in the wrong direction for the last two days now. Is their something I may have set up wrong? Just running it as I downloaded it, by the way what chart dose it place trades off of. Haven't figured that one out yet either. Thanks Jay

News and Spreads

On the Elcactus side of the original creator of 10point3 is a new feature added, which prevents trading of the Martingale Ea`s during news events via a CSV file.

While nice, but incomplete..............

Here is what i like to see:

Get a CSV file location for a month(economic calendar) and the EA closes trades before the selected events(what i did manually up to now) and than restart again.

The idea of "pausing" during news has no appeal to me, since it will create hughe gaps and additional turmoil in your account.

Exit before big news events is the only practical solution, i can proof with EA`s which use "timefilters" and produce excellent results.

IBFX widens spreads ANYTIME they like, even outside news events.

Janus