Live Testing reports - page 31

To Hendrick

I'm really very happy to read you again.

The best for you and family.

Jo

Special note for live accounts on FXDD

I am using Phoenix live since February first and I noticed that the lot sizes on FXDD regular account are always rounded up to fix numbers 2.0, 3.0, etc. This is altering the MM because if Phoenix open a position, let say 3.2 lots, it will come out at 3.0 lots. I called technical support and the solution is to convert the account to a mini account with the same leverage, 100 to 1.

So for those of you that will open accounts at FXDD, open it in a mini account at 100/1 from the beginning so Phenix can place fractioned lots and respect your money management setting.

jeremiahkn:
Hi Guys,

I have been following the thread since December 06 and had been testing phoenix version 5.6.03 on Demo account at IBFX using mode 1, with defaults setting except for max risk i had changed to 0.3, on GBPUSD, EURJPY, USDJPY, USDCHF, and the results are outstanding! It turned 10k to over 80k in less then 2 months, and that 800% profit! Please see the attached detailed statement for details.

I closed some trades manually and use own setting for GBPUSD pair only.

I had just started to use it on real trade recently at FXDD, let see how it will goes, I will post the update regularly from now on, I apologies for not doing so for the past 2 months.

Thanks for the great works from all of you, especially Hendrick and Daraknor, you guys are champion, i will support the best i can from now on.

Please let me know should i missed any information in my post.

Regards,

J

What settings do you use for the GbpUsd, if you don't mind me asking.

Thanx,

GK

The setting i used is somewhere in phoenix thread, but here i attached the setting.

But for gbpusd, i found that it is best to use default setting with trailing stops of 25 pips and change TP to 150, it will give you more winning trades, great backtest result and also on forward test or real trade, it made me 60pips last friday during the big news, but the funny thing is, trailing stops doesnt work at all on other currencies on backtest, therefore i didnt forward test it, anyone have any idea as to why on this?

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Jeremy

gkozlyk:
What settings do you use for the GbpUsd, if you don't mind me asking.

Thanx,

GK
Files:

jeremiahkn:
The setting i used is somewhere in phoenix thread, but here i attached the setting.

But for gbpusd, i found that it is best to use default setting with trailing stops of 25 pips and change TP to 150, it will give you more winning trades, great backtest result and also on forward test or real trade, it made me 60pips last friday during the big news, but the funny thing is, trailing stops doesnt work at all on other currencies on backtest, therefore i didnt forward test it, anyone have any idea as to why on this?

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Jeremy

Thanx for the GbpUsd Settings. If you wanted to post your settings for the other pairs, esp the Jpy pairs, that would be cool. With there being so much info on these threads, it is hard to get a good set of settings to start with. I have the default settings running now on a modified version of the contest EA on the UsdJpy. So far i have had at 100% accuracy on 8 or 9 trades with the +42 each, so that is pretty exciting!

Thanx,

GK

Hi GK,

I have been using default setting for the rest of currencies, and had now started using default setting on gbpusd pair, no need the change it i believe, they are working perfectly fine. But i'm sure it would be best if trailing stop can be used on the rest of the pairs, right now it only work well on gbpusd pair but not on the rest. Perhaps for further development of phoenix we can include this ladies and gentlemen?

Regards,

Jeremy

gkozlyk:
Thanx for the GbpUsd Settings. If you wanted to post your settings for the other pairs, esp the Jpy pairs, that would be cool. With there being so much info on these threads, it is hard to get a good set of settings to start with. I have the default settings running now on a modified version of the contest EA on the UsdJpy. So far i have had at 100% accuracy on 8 or 9 trades with the +42 each, so that is pretty exciting!

Thanx,

GK

what is happening here?

Hi all,

anybody else having horrible results on sterling ???

since monday my phoenix flies constantly on the wrong side... -480 pips so far (2x3 trades) for my IBFX account. the FXDD account trades very similar and is also loosing.

this past month was not very good for me at all. by 01/11 my account was up around 90% since Nov/06. as of now this has all changed. current ratio around 27% gain. this is a huge drawdown in just a few weeks but still an amazing gain for the 3 month forward test.

the poor performance has nothing to do with the "settings" i think. the settings are fine - it's the market that plays a game. the week is still young and a lot can change till friday.

results for the first couple of days:

GPGUSD -480 pips

USDJPY - 156 pips

EURJPY - 134 pips

EURUSD no trading this week

USDCHF floating trades

AZBOfin

forex4syg:
My test on IBFX is also showing poor performance. You are right, it is nothing to do with the setting. A few people has pointed out this EA is not stable. Same EA with exact same setting would give very different results if it starts at different time (even on the same broker). If you look at the signals generated by the EA, you would see the signals are too many and poor. I believe to improve the EA, it must be focused on improving the signals, perhaps mainly by finding better indicators used by the EA. Until it can generate reliable signals, the optimization can then be very helpful. I tried to use some trend indicators, but I haven't got good results in the long run.

I have had good success with the Phoenix Contest on the UsdJpy 15m. So far in the last 2+ weeks around 9/9 or +378.

GK

This week is looking grim so far, but I think it is mainly due to the yen - G7 Crap that always happens..........Wish some people would just keep their mouths shut!

Sorry to put negative comments. I should keep my mouth shut.

Files: