Live Testing reports - page 33

bertbin:
Euuuuuuuhhhhhhh....... not at all !

But quite amazing that we had same results on GB... and completely differents things on the others pairs ????????

That's a strange point...

Very strange... with no sarcasm !!!!!

if i find the time this week or then next weekend, i like to compare the actual trade entry points. since we both have the same settings the entry points should be the same, unless we access different servers. let's see how this week progresses.

AZBOfin

autumnleaves:
You can see quite plainly that the EA is not making good decisions. When the indicators point to a buy, it sells. The logic seems to be upside down.

keep in mind that this EA is a counter-trend EA. when the "logical" signal points to a buy, it'll sell because it assumes a change in the near future.

AZBOfin

Counter trend?

Thanks for your comments Azbofin. I'm not quite ready to throw in the towel, as Bert appears to be. However, I would like to find out why an apparently successful EA is doing such strange things. I am down $1800 in closed trades this morning and another $1000 down on open trades at this point today. I don't mind if it works counter trend as long as it is able to predict turnarounds. Apparently it is not doing that. It is trading more and more and then going out on SL.

Is it just a one-day glitch? Is it the "optimized" settings I am using? Is it the default settings? Does anyone have better settings?

A friend of mine who is a physicist thinks the EA has too many signals. It should be able to work with only a couple, and it might be a good idea to turn off some of the signals to see if the results are better. Any suggestions in that regard?

Autumnleaves

Bad trades

I see that some are anxious about a few bad days. As we all know, there is going to be some of those "bad" days and probably some "bad" weeks or even months. Some are using multiple currencies with 5% risk or more. Remember that the risk adds up and, not often but possible. Drawdowns will occur in multiple currencies at the same time. In back testing, I see some little and some larger draw downs occurring but, at the end, Phoenix is very profitable.

Give it time and be logical with MM as if you had live accounts.

I, for myself, have a live account since February first being hit this week.

Bs

bertbin:

.... looking at that I would say that I will NEVER use a such

BS

F***ked EA going always in the wrong direction...

Interesting I recall a week or so ago, I used the same two letters when I smelled something wrong .... and some one told me 'get a life'.

I been saying from way back that optimizing is not the answer here, the signals as well are not the important thing here either, as I have said random entries would have similar results. So why does this system work at times and not at others? What is the reason that drives this EA? I will give you a clue. If you can answer the following question you will be able to find the answer to the Phoenix, as well.

What color are bananars?

If you can answer that question, you'll find the questions into the Poenix to be much easier to answer.

The CockeyedCowboy

cockeyedcowboy:
Interesting I recall a week or so ago, I used the same two letters when I smelled something wrong .... and some one told me 'get a life'.

I been saying from way back that optimizing is not the answer here, the signals as well are not the important thing here either, as I have said random entries would have similar results. So why does this system work at times and not at others? What is the reason that drives this EA? I will give you a clue. If you can answer the following question you will be able to find the answer to the Phoenix, as well.

What color are bananars?

If you can answer that question, you'll find the questions into the Poenix to be much easier to answer.

The CockeyedCowboy

Interesting "technique" too..to take out a piece of phrase out of his context... to demonstrate nothing...

Well.. nothing to add... too sad.

nothing to add

bertbin:

Interesting "technique" too..to take out a piece of phrase out of his context... to demonstrate nothing...

Well..

nothing to add

... too sad.

You find nothing added as you can not see what has been in front of you all along. Most people in general do not have the capabilities to think for themselfs. Nor have they the ability to reason what is unknown or look below the serfice of things to see the whole as a set of its pieces. Yes too sad...too bad people what things given them as this is the root of their lack of reasoning, and seeing things as they are.

If one has the answer as to the color of bananas then PM me your answer if it shows ability, I will give you the answers to the Phoenix.

The CockeyedCowboy

Riddler

I don't find the riddling cowboy's dark humour very constructive. If optimizing is not the answer, then perhaps he can make some positive suggestions. I am all ears.

cockeyedcowboy:

That was me, and I am glad to repeat what I have said: "Get a life."

cockeyedcowboy:
So why does this system work at times and not at others? What is the reason that drives this EA? I will give you a clue. If you can answer the following question you will be able to find the answer to the Phoenix, as well.

What color are bananars?

man, what have you been smokin'?

AZBOfin

Bad trades

My demo account is now down $2000 since the beginning of the week, and open trades are negative to the tune of another $1000. It would appear we are in a nose dive. Statement attached.

Files: