Live Testing reports - page 34

These kinds of losses are unacceptable in my opinion. Way too many consecutive losses!

kreeper_6:
These kinds of losses are unacceptable in my opinion. Way too many consecutive losses!

Agree... Especially when a guy continue to test Phoenix 4 the contest version

with great success...

Where is the trap ?

Any ideas ?

Good results

Very interesting results DSWK, and only on one currency pair! The reason I am testing 5.7.2 is to use the trailing stop, which was not available (as I understood) in earlier versions. In any case, you appear not to be using a trailing stop, as your profits all seem to be 42 pips. The problem on my demo account is that the EA is not opening trades intelligently. (Except the last three USDJPY trades which opened within a few hours of yours.) Perhaps we should all go back to the earliest version of Phoenix and use only default settings, as my "optimized" settings only appear to result in bad trades.

I notice you had a large initial loss on the account. Did you change any settings after that event? Are you using only default settings for the signals and TP, SL?

My statement to day at 17h00GMT

Comments : nothing to complain with...

CuckcooBrainCowboy : I found color of bananas : blue !

Files:

autumnleaves:
Very interesting results DSWK, and only on one currency pair! The reason I am testing 5.7.2 is to use the trailing stop, which was not available (as I understood) in earlier versions. In any case, you appear not to be using a trailing stop, as your profits all seem to be 42 pips. The problem on my demo account is that the EA is not opening trades intelligently. (Except the last three USDJPY trades which opened within a few hours of yours.) Perhaps we should all go back to the earliest version of Phoenix and use only default settings, as my "optimized" settings only appear to result in bad trades. I notice you had a large initial loss on the account. Did you change any settings after that event? Are you using only default settings for the signals and TP, SL?

That's I wanted t write you and I write it now with no offence : your settings are bad... That's all... Go back to inside settings and pls :change brooker..

My 2 c

autumnleaves:
Very interesting results DSWK, and only on one currency pair! The reason I am testing 5.7.2 is to use the trailing stop, which was not available (as I understood) in earlier versions. In any case, you appear not to be using a trailing stop, as your profits all seem to be 42 pips. The problem on my demo account is that the EA is not opening trades intelligently. (Except the last three USDJPY trades which opened within a few hours of yours.) Perhaps we should all go back to the earliest version of Phoenix and use only default settings, as my "optimized" settings only appear to result in bad trades. I notice you had a large initial loss on the account. Did you change any settings after that event? Are you using only default settings for the signals and TP, SL?

Hi,

To show how good the signals are with any seting, you may use Phoenix_4_CONTEST_indicator from

http://championship.mql4.com/2006/users/Hendrick/page3

Replace setting in the Phoenix_4_CONTEST_indicator with the seting (for example after optimization) you would like to test. It is very useful for me since it provides a visual tool to further develop the EA or similar EA. If the indicator does not show good signals in the near past, forward test usually can not give good results.

Thanks!

autumnleaves:
... I notice you had a large initial loss on the account. Did you change any settings after that event? Are you using only default settings for the signals and TP, SL?

Nop... Nothing. all is standard from the heavy work of the creator of Phoenix.

Default settings. SL at 84 and TP at 42

Further developments

Thank you one and all for your kind suggestions and comments.

Bert, I have opened 6 pairs on an Alpari demo with default settings, plus the addition of a TS, since that is what I want to test. Am using MaxTrades5 and ConsecSig20, with MM on. Thanks for the tip.

Syg thank you for the pointer to the indicator. I have downloaded the source. I wonder if it is the same as Phoenix5_plotting_buy_sell...??

DSWK, why don't you try losing a trailing stop? It might limit the downside and allow you to boost the upside. I am testing a setting of 25.

Will keep you posted on progress with default settings as above. I wonder if optimization is even worth the effort???

autumnleaves:
Thank you one and all for your kind suggestions and comments.

Bert, I have opened 6 pairs on an Alpari demo with default settings, plus the addition of a TS, since that is what I want to test. Am using MaxTrades5 and ConsecSig20, with MM on. Thanks for the tip.

Syg thank you for the pointer to the indicator. I have downloaded the source. I wonder if it is the same as Phoenix5_plotting_buy_sell...??

DSWK, why don't you try losing a trailing stop? It might limit the downside and allow you to boost the upside. I am testing a setting of 25.

Will keep you posted on progress with default settings as above. I wonder if optimization is even worth the effort???

Hi,

I haven't seen Phoenix5_plotting_buy_sell. But the one in the link was used for Contest (version 4). I have attached another one for version Phoenix_EA_v5_7_0. You may replace the parameters setting part in the code for other version if you like.

Thanks!

autumnleaves:

I'm just, for the moment, believe the original taste of Phoenix. I've respect for the big buzz about news versions but still waiting for same or better results from these news versions.

Regards.