Live Testing reports - page 24

More anomalies

To add to the confusion, last night the EURUSD pair moved with very wide amplitude, an opportunity for great profits, yet Phoenix did not initiate a single trade. What gives?

autumnleaves:
To add to the confusion, last night the EURUSD pair moved with very wide amplitude, an opportunity for great profits, yet Phoenix did not initiate a single trade. What gives?

Hi Autumleaves,

Phoenix has is own "logic" : not coz you "see" a big "lift" (whatever up or down) that Phoenix jump on it...

This "own logix" is given by the inside settings for each pair and the way of Hendricks at the begenning and Daraknor, who made a tremendous work to optimize this EA, programed...

In my own experience (AZBO too) best results for the moment are on $/GB and $/CHF.

In all case : a/patience b/patience c/ patience...

And to wait on a long term period of time the global results...

My 2c

Anomaly or no

Thanks for your comments Bert. You could be right, of course, but since I am basically using the default settings for the pair, I would have expected active trading when the market creates potential for gain, and I would have expected the EA to try to avoid losing trades. Yet it seems to do the opposite. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I also cannot figure out why the gains and losses are in 10 pip segments, even though there is no TS and SL=84, TP=42.

Cheers

EURUSD doesn't have good or stable settings, it is not recommended to trade with it. Also keep in mind that if prefsettings=true it will trade based on settings in code and not the settings in the EA window.

Very bad start this week...

Testing EURUSD

Thanks Darak.

I didn't realize that EURUSD was the weak sister. In any event, the 10 pip gains and losses are still a mystery. The settings I used were the same as the defaults in the code (SL=84, TP=42, TS=0). With these settings, I do not understand why Phoenix goes out on a 10 pip SL or TP and then immediately opens another trade. Something is not right.

My mistake

Ahhh, so the mistake is mine. I just checked the code for 5.7.1 and discovered 10 pip TP and SL for the EURUSD. I didn't realize that the numbers had changed from the old version, which had 42 and 84. I doubt that the 10 pip settings are going to perform well.

Cheers

My mistake

Ahhh, so the mistake is mine. I just checked the code for 5.7.1 and discovered 10 pip TP and SL for the EURUSD. I didn't realize that the numbers had changed from the old version, which had 42 and 84. I doubt that the 10 pip settings are going to perform well.

Cheers

bertbin:
Very bad start this week...

oh yes Bert....very bad!

Raf

raffaelegalbiati:
oh yes Bert....very bad! Raf

Sometimes I don't undertsand "logic" of Phoenix... But you know... sometimes I don't understand mine too..

But the thing is baaaaaaaaaad this week...