Phoenix - Development+Suggestions - MQ4 in Post#1 - page 40

This is a bit off topic but i see the smart guys hang around in this thread;)

But i need help with a bit of coding i will call say health()

now basically i want to compare my account balance now with account balance say last midnight and return the health value as "good" system working or "crap" need to do something else instead.

Anyone know how to do this or point to a bit of code that compare account balance with now to earlier time/date.?

Really appreciate any pointers for this.

Just thought i add something about Phoenix. I see much work has gone into this but you should realize that trying to make a stable EA is very very difficult for a number of reasons. The main reason is that all MT4 signals are linear signals comprising of rsi macd stoch and so on. In perfect backtest harmony these indicators fully align to draw a line in the sand and provide a wonderful rising profit line! The more indicators that are added the sharper the profit line the better it looks on backtest and the worse it becomes on the real market. The reason for this is because the linear solution is drawing a line in the sand through the extreme of the bell curve which will never be seen in the future and quite simply all your indicators just add up to a very simple linear equation like sw6 * sa6 + sw7 * sa7 + sw8 =sell.

There are a number of tricks which can help a bit including setting stops based on ATR, setting tp's based on ATR, setting lots based on account size etc but if you are very lucky you will see in the end that the linear system must take signal further and further back in time to become stable so in the end you end up requiring 3 years of data to trade 4 hourly then PF becomes 1.15 with 25% drawdown with an annual yield of 14% LOL I trust you all seen this before?? Or you can take a chance as with most of the demo contest EA's that will boom to double the account every 2 months or go bust.

Something you may or may not have noticed is that when an EA is fully optimised to the best possible past due to the linear solution this provides the WORST solution for the future as the market is not going to make the same mistakes in giving out free cash so you must check to see at the very least after a 6 month backtest save one month for a walk forwards test and you will see the profit crash to the deck almost every time.

This is why the MT backtester always gets the blame when in fact its not the tester but the linear effect of optimizing to past data which is not linear itself and requires an analogue solution. In this instance you are better in almost every case to reverse ALL trades of the EA after fully optimizing then you have better then 50% chance of becoming profitable.

Those that are serious about making an EA to trade should devout all time and effort into making non linear EA's using NN's and GA's. Despite the fact its something i have been working on for years very few others have shown interest till of course now Metaquotes contest leader is using NN and already clocked up over 1000%:)

Strategy tester misses ticks

You cannot rely on the MT4 strategy tester to give you optimum solutions since it misses ticks (even at 99% level) and draws bars incorrectly when multiple ticks per second are received. Tick count accuracy can be off by as much as 25%. Need to build your own off-line tester for reliable backtest results. This is the real reason forward testing fails. Remember, Metaquotes real customers are the brokers - you are merely a user, not a customer. There is a big difference - think build #210!

What you say about straight-lining is also correct - you have "over fit" the model settings and it will crash.

north finance

i am having problems loading this onto my demo account wirh north finance can someone let me know if i am missing something? i compiled it in metaeditor then just double clicked it to activate. the sad face just wont go away haha. also this is with all forms of the ea. thank you for your help guys.

you have to go into TOOLS OPTIONS and click enable live trading for EA's = YES then it will work.

EA phoenix TF15 for GU

Hi all

You can trial this ea. not bad performace.

only suitable for GU tf 15 and deposit $1000.

Please give your comment!

Files:

try..

Oh yes must try..thanks fr sharing.

This EA was developed on our forum.

Just moved your post to Phoenix thread (EAs are on the first post).

Also you can read whole Phoenix section for settings for example https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/trading_systems

Emmm...

newdigital:
This EA was developed on our forum.

Just moved your post to Phoenix thread (EAs are on the first post).

Also you can read whole Phoenix section for settings for example https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/trading_systems

emm...I will start from 1st page now.

got many version...no problem. will test it all...huhuhuh

This Phoenix section is big and somwetimes difficult to understand about where the latest version, which settings and forward testign results.

Try to look at whole section https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/trading_systems because as I know people created the threads to find everything easy ...

By the way most of the people who are managing this section (on behalf of Hendrick - he is original author, and with his permission) are on Christmas holidays now.

As I remember this Phoenix EA participated in the last Metaquotes contest (2006) and Hendrick got 5th place.