Phoenix - Development+Suggestions - MQ4 in Post#1 - page 17

I'm going to attempt to duplicate your error, but I don't have much data for NF. Are you able to get the same error using M1 data on the same timeframe? The tick approximation could be the source of the error.

You guys should read the last interview of Hendrick at the championship site

http://championship.mql4.com/2006/news/103

I think it is really interesting to see what Hendrick has got from this experience and how he changed his mind for instance on curve fitting and parameters optimization.

daraknor:
I'm going to attempt to duplicate your error, but I don't have much data for NF. Are you able to get the same error using M1 data on the same timeframe? The tick approximation could be the source of the error.

Daraknor, I still got the error using M1 for Eur/Usd. I am not sure why, but it seems that v5.7 works well for other pairs. Attached is the screenshot of errors produced on M1.

-RJ1-

It is interesting to see how his public demeanor has shifted. There are many 'takers' in the world that just consume and don't improve the world in any way. I don't think we can (or should try) to change that, but we don't need to feed them either. I have been saying for a few years, "We sacrifice our best to feed our worst" and have not attempted to define best and worst beyond production and the fact that unscrupulous people often take advantage of others. At the same time, I don't think that a large community project can survive while being closed. Some groups like Daemon Tools try, but they have resorted to sticking adware in the most recent versions.

In regard to optimization and trends, these are things we have discussed. It is interesting how much Hendrick has reversed regarding optimization (same settings for 5 years) but I do think each currency, (and possibly each market type) have certain behaviors.

RJ1:
Daraknor, I still got the error using M1 for Eur/Usd. I am not sure why, but it seems that v5.7 works well for other pairs. Attached is the screenshot of errors produced on M1. -RJ1-

I still can't duplicate it and I don't have enough information to troubleshoot it. Are you still getting errors? Can you give me any additional information? Did this error occur during backtest or forward testing?

ramy:
I am am posting this in two threads, beacause i am not quite sure of witch thread is still active. Oh ya, and Hendrick please come back

We have different threads for different topics. Most users don't want to read code, most programmers don't want to read new user questions. Having a separate thread for new users answered most of their questions without needing to post.

Hendrick is around, but he is leaving tomorrow for 2 weeks on vacation. We email back and forth and he still posts but the community is trying to take some of the burden off.

I'm considering declaring 5.7.0 stable. Are there any objections?

PContour is working on rearranging 5.7.0 substantially, to have the functions and variables named by category, necessity, etc. The user contributed fixes for different brokers should be included.

The PhoenixFund FXDD IB agreement is in the accounting department, and it appears we filled it out correctly. According to Tom at FXDD, it is possible to fill out the FXDD agreement and list "PhoenixFund" as the IB in the far upper left on the first page.

I think the next PhoenixFund tasks ahead are finishing corporate work (making a letterhead for receipts, sending out 'official receipts', continued dialog with FXDD), making a real website, and making the paperwork readily available and prefilled with the IB information.

The next Phoenix programming tasks for me appear to be writing Phoenix 6 if there are no objections to declaring Phoenix 5.7.0 stable.

5.7.0 stable

daraknor:

No objection, it is working fine.

PContour is working on rearranging 5.7.0 substantially, to have the functions and variables named by category, necessity, etc. The user contributed fixes for different brokers should be included.

ok, 5.7.0 seems stable,

do you think that with next version to solve the the problem of optimization, with "to have the functions and variables named by category" ?

giapel