Firebird v63G - page 50

AdamDuritz99:
Wackena,

I've been doing a small amount of backtesting with this version on the EUR/USD, it's going kind of slow, as you noted it would. Anyways, I have everything set to defaults except fro turning off the equityprotection. However, the backtesting results aren't anywhere near to what your live testing results are. It's at 90% Modelling quality. Is there something else I need to change?

Oh yeah, the only other change I made were the trading hours. I'm at CST(Central Standard Time) I have sundays off, then Mon - Thurs 0-8, 13 -24. On Friday 0-8, 13-15.

UPDATE!

Ok, first off I had the TF to 30 mins, not 5. Mistake 1. I know you said you like the SL at 300, but that causes some significant drawdowns if it is hit. I've changed it to 100. I've also lowered the TP to 30 I believe. Anyways, results are much better. Well at least for jun '06. I'll post the back test results when they are finished.

I backtested this last week on eurusd with FB3.2. It took close to 1 hour to test just one week. It should be noted that I used FB3.1 at beginning of Demo test and switch to FB3.2 in the afternoon (EST) on 2006.12.04. Backtest was only FB3.2. I had one loss on Demo due to Equity Protection set too low. I did not use equity protection on backtest and had no loses on backtest, except for the loss at test closing. As most backtesters know, having loss at end of a backtest is not uncommon. I also noticed there were no hedge orders during Backtest.

Only backtesting one week is absolutely not indicative of how this EA will perform in the future. This is only the 1st week of forward (Demo) testing.

Wackena

ienaplinsky:
this is the first day with a new demo account

this is the last week with firebird v1-0c1

from 1 week i'm using only 3 pairs

eurusd

eurjpy

usdjpy

with the default settings

ienaplinsky:
this is the last week with firebird v1-0c1

and this week?

Firebird 3.2

Broker FXDD - eurusd, gbpusd, usdjpy, usdchf

Deposit $3,000

Timeframe M5

Balance $5,120

Equity $4,779

Wins 72 - Loses 7

Open Orders 4 (Float p/l $-340)

ROI 25.9 %

Started test on 2006.12.03.

I had 7 loses, that were my fault. They comprised of 2 groups, 1st for 2 loses and 2nd for 5 loses. 1st group was when I started the test and had PercentFloatLevel=10. This only allows negative Float to be 10% of Balance before it closes all orders. 2nd group of loses was when I broke a basic rule of never working on a code if EA is running. I set the equity proctection level again too low and it closed all open orders again. you can see none of the loses were sl loses. If I hadn't made these 2 miistakes, I should be up even more by a few hundred dollars with no loses.

This doesn't it mean that Firebird 3.2 won't blowup sometime in the future, but it survived the NFP news on Friday. The Hedge orders seem to be very useful in making profits during both trend directions. We will need to wait and see a few major trend spikes before we know if this EA can play and not get hurt too bad in the real world.

Firebird is a counter trend EA and needs a range of negative float to perform as designed. I suggest that PercentFloatLevel setting be set to allow ~$1,000 per each lot for negative float. Example: 1 lot = ten orders of 0.1 lot. To protect equity, PercentFloatLevel needs to be adjusted as equity increases. On equity increases, PercentFloatLevel can be set lower to maintain necessary amount for negative float.

I can not over state the importance of protecting your equity when running Firebird EAs. It's history has been to make real impressive profits over time, just to see it quickly get wipe out in only a few days. Use the equity protection, trading time filter, manual observations or whatever it takes.

Wackena

Wackena:
Firebird 3.2

Broker FXDD - eurusd, gbpusd, usdjpy, usdchf

Deposit $3,000

Timeframe M5

Balance $5,120

Equity $4,779

Wins 72 - Loses 7

Open Orders 4 (Float p/l $-340)

ROI 25.9 %

Started test on 2006.12.03.

I had 7 loses, that were my fault. They comprised of 2 groups, 1st for 2 loses and 2nd for 5 loses. 1st group was when I started the test and had PercentFloatLevel=10. This only allows negative Float to be 10% of Balance before it closes all orders. 2nd group of loses was when I broke a basic rule of never working on a code if EA is running. I set the equity proctection level again too low and it closed all open orders again. you can see none of the loses were sl loses. If I hadn't made these 2 miistakes, I should be up even more by a few hundred dollars with no loses.

This doesn't it mean that Firebird 3.2 won't blowup sometime in the future, but it survived the NFP news on Friday. The Hedge orders seem to be very useful in making profits during both trend directions. We will need to wait and see a few major trend spikes before we know if this EA can play and not get hurt too bad in the real world.

Firebird is a counter trend EA and needs a range of negative float to perform as designed. I suggest that PercentFloatLevel setting be set to allow ~$1,000 per each lot for negative float. Example: 1 lot = ten orders of 0.1 lot. To protect equity, PercentFloatLevel needs to be adjusted as equity increases. On equity increases, PercentFloatLevel can be set lower to maintain necessary amount for negative float.

I can not over state the importance of protecting your equity when running Firebird EAs. It's history has been to make real impressive profits over time, just to see it quickly get wipe out in only a few days. Use the equity protection, trading time filter, manual observations or whatever it takes.

Wackena

hello

do you use defult setting?

rzamany:
hello do you use defult setting?

Attached is set file. I started on $3,000 standard Demo with PercentLevel=35. My equity has increased and now it is =30.

Wackena

Is there a way to filter out trendy days?

If there is, I'd love to use that filter + my EA + firebird. That would make millions of profit in a few years PS: my EA works great during trending market

PSS: will share the completed system if it works.

Shinigami:
Is there a way to filter out trendy days?

If there is, I'd love to use that filter + my EA + firebird. That would make millions of profit in a few years

PS: my EA works great during trending market

PSS: will share the completed system if it works.

Firebird 3.2 has a non-trading trend filter controlled by FastPeriod, SlowPeriod and DVLimt settings. Not a lot of testing has been conducted on these variables to adjust trend sensitivity. You can use the Strategy Tester to see which value works best.

Wackena

Hello Wackena,

Thanks for taking time and making so many additional functions to make a better FB, and sharing with us all.

For the first time in months, i could really see continuos profit in my account from past two days.

I trade in northfinance and real trade and would submit the result next week as this week, i only got started on thrusday.

I had started with default settings and it worked well.

I have to go through floatpercent, equity protection stuff again to understand the core of the EA.

Thanks again for sharing.