MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 763

I want to run backtest form 2012. Where can I download historical data ? thank you
Hello good morning! I have a problem by installing an indicator. I downloaded the Didi-Index-Indicator from the bibliothek, put it in the MQL4 folder (Indicator). But when I open the MT4 again I can`t see the indicator. What is the problem. Thanks for our help. Hans
[Deleted]
MT4 is generating errors repeatedly, and I have no idea what the source of the problem is. I would GREATLY appreciate if anyone has any suggestions on how to handle this. Warm Regards
I'm running a backtest on one of my EAs on mt4 build 625 and suddenly the backtester will stop, like it is paused but I didn't pause it (also I'm not running visual mode). It seems to always do this whenever 7 trades are opened simultaneously. Then I ran it in visual mode at the dates where the...
MetaTrader 4 build 625: Magazines in MetaTrader Market and New MetaViewer It will contain the following changes: Market: Added new product category in MetaTrader AppStore - Magazines. Now, users can buy not only trading applications but also trading and financial magazines quickly and easily....
[Deleted]
Hello, I'm coding a grid system and have a problem. The orders have only a stoploss and no takeprofit, after one stoploss gets hit the ea will close all pending orders to let the winning orders open ! Now I want to let him move the Stoploss of the winning orders to breakeven but he dont do that....
[Deleted]
This is my first time trying to create an EA that uses multiple pairs. I have been having trouble with MetaTrader printing out the correct numbers and I can't figure it out. I have dumbed my code down to find the problem. The variable DiffClose should produce HigherPairClose / LowerPairClose, or...
Hello, I started learning MQL, I have written following code. I started off from a code from web, but because it was too complicated, I tried to distill it down to small IF and FOR conditions, which I understand a bit. It is very simple because right now these are the only chapters I have finished
[Deleted]
Need help urgently. I have this problem and unable to solve it. I've tried restarting my computer and reinstalling the MT4, but none works. I can't see and load any chart, and unable to switch periodicity. This is showing in my journal: 2012.04.24 07:24:51 HistoryCenter: unknown chart 'EURUSD1440'...
Hi, I'd like to use Bollinger Bands when the chart is in trading range in order to get buy/sell signal when a bar touch the lower/upper band. I want to detect if the chart is in trading range by comparing value of upper band or lower band bar after bar to know if its value is stable or not so I...
Since a few days now my MT4, build 625, crashes immediately when opening it. I have tried the following with no success: - Uninstall and re-install all different brokers MT4s - Delete the MetaQuotes folder from users/.../appdata/Roaming - Registry cleanup - Install in different folders. Each time I...
[Deleted]
Hi, i'm a total beginner and i've tried to compile this following EA, but nothing appears on the screen. #property copyright "Lool"#property version   "1.00"#property strict////+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| Expert initialization...
[Deleted]
extern double StopLoss_v_pipech=50;extern double Profit_target_v_pipech=200;extern double Velikost_pozice=0.01;extern double Posun_na_BE_v_pipech=50;int MyDigits = 10;int Magic_number=1009;bool ticket,close,modify;bool obchodovat=true;int D,m,h;double SL,PT,BE,H,L,SLev,NewSL...
Hello, iam starting to write my first EA. But since the beginning, there's a strange behavior of my EA. Ok my first problem is, that orders are opened in the air, while there is no trend.. and my second problem is, the order is opened while the conditions are FALSE!! void...
[Deleted]
Hi all! I have some accounts mt4, strategy tester M1 can run before 2:50 10-April and after 12-April, it lost data in 10 - 12 April. What's happen?
[Deleted]
Hello, Any chance that a unit testing framework exists for MQL4/5? (Something along the lines of JUnit for example). I am finding with complex EAs that debugging and testing efficiently is somewhat of a challenge in MQL4. I haven't tried MQL5 yet to know if it is any better in this regard. Thank...
I'm interested to know the best practices for managingmultiple accounts and multiple versions of EA's. I've been working with the Demoaccount for years and now have become profitable and will start working with a Realaccount as well as the Demo account. Should I install two versions of MT4 --one for...
... OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYSTOP,0.1,BuyStopLevel,2,0,0,"BuyStop",1111,0,Lime); OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELLSTOP,0.1SellStopLevel,2,0,0,"SellStop",22222,0,Red); ... If buy order opened success. How to delete sell stop order by magic number(22222)? thank you
Hi, I've been trading on the Forex markets for a year now. But have been relatively unsuccessful. Have gone though a number trading strategies and styles, but I have finally settled for price action using support resistance, support, trend lines, fibo and candle stick formations. I'm a resident of...
[Deleted]
In my initial topic I asked whether there may be a new release of MetaTrader4 because I had issues with 625/628 not migrating all data to the users folder. Reference: Here Let's assume you have no ~/.wine dir in your homedir and starting over from scratch. I am using Wine 1.7.16 here on Fedora 20....
[Deleted]
I can't earn with FXiROBOT(EA). Could anyone tell me the parameters ? I use FIG fx . Please help me
[Deleted]
Hello! I would like to ask if there are plans to release a new MetaTrader 4 (Build after 628) that addresses the issues with new file structure issues ? I am not able to use MetaTrader (Build 625/628) anymore because of this. Explaination found here under b): reference Unfortunately I'm not able to...
Looking at the code for included indicators I noticed MQ now does this in most if not all of them: example from Heiken Ashi //--- counting from 0 to rates_total   ArraySetAsSeries(ExtLowHighBuffer,false);   ArraySetAsSeries(ExtHighLowBuffer,false);   ArraySetAsSeries(ExtOpenBuffer,false);...
Hi all, I've been searching the internet for an hour now to try to figure out how to pause meta trader 4. I ready stuff about coding things but that's beyond me. What would the simplest way be to be able to video say the data of the previous 24 hours as M1 so I can see if the strategy I've mapped...
[Deleted]
I have a freind who is programing a scalping ea for me. I need the ea to be able to send a single instruction to open multiple orders at exactley the same time. . For example. I need to open 5 lots of eurusd in 5 individual orders of 1 lot. I can not send the orders 1 after the other as this will...
I have installed mt4 b638 4 times each one for one of my kernels and each in its own folder. At the moment all 4 are running. One with an EA waiting for the next day (no indicators used or applied), the other three are waiting for me for the next back tests, some charts are opened but no EAs nor any
I was using the strategy tester last year withoutdifficulty. Now I can't seem to get it to work. It's a new installation and anupgrade to build 625. Bars just won't appear in the chart. And I indicate thespread should be 2 pips yet Mt4 claims the spread is 140 pips spread. What am I doing wrong?...
Don't try this on a 'live' trading machine. If you currently run MT4 w/out the /portable switch AND you have UAC turned on, turn it off and restart you system. What will happen? Well, MT4 will load as if you put the /portable switch on. Now, go turn UAC on and restart. Load MT4 and viola!...
Hi, I made a simple custom indicator and I'm trying to use it in my EA. But there is a problem with loading values from indicator - iCustom always returns an empty value (tester, demo). When I show graph in EA tester, indicator is showed correct. There is OnTick method from my EA: void OnTick(){...
Is it possible to run a script from a user created button placed on a toolbar, as distinct from the screen?