MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 759

[Deleted]
Hi, Does anyone else have the problem that I have: I try to get the the lot size for EURUSD, using the MarketInfo("EURUSDD", MODE_LOTSIZE) instruction. The value I get returned is 0. Is their another way of getting lot size?
Is there a way to get the chart bar index in a specific time frame from a datetime variable?
[Deleted]
Hello, i'm new here and still trying to learn mql4 coding. Currently need help in drawing this rectangle. The problem is how can i measure the Length B to get the date at point 3 which it extends 10 times from the Length A ? Any help will be great appreciated. Thanks double...
[Deleted]
Is there any way to store a variable value in expert advisor for further calculation? Let say I have int var = 0;int start()  {       //Do some calculation with var       //Now var has a value of 10       //How can I store this value 10? Next time expert advisor run, var no longer 0, but it will be...
1. Under the recent changes to MQL4 / Code Base I cannot find way to edit and update past published MT4 indicator, scripts or EAs. 2. The MT4 My Own folder is no more. 3. If I click Show All I am taken to a Hybrid MT5 / MT4 portal 4. If I click on a published indicator no edit function is...
Hi I have a summary report that gives me various results for each pass in an optimization that runs in DeINit(). Is there anyway to include the pass number in this report, as it appears in the Optimization tab. That way i can use it as a key to verfiy the results in my summary report match what is...
Hi Is there a way to write the overall optimization settings and the dates used to a file? I have managed to write the inidividual parameters used for each pass in the to a file, but want an overview/summary of what was tested. thanks
[Deleted]
Hello, I coded one EA. I added it to different platforms, and appeared problem with a couple. On the few platforms EA makes the same trades, but on few the code has problems below: Platform A. problem is with one trade per day - like the system doesn't "see" loop Platforms B (LMAX and Iron...
Hi! I like to take high/low of last 24 candle in 1hr chart. eg: 01AM GMT(yesterday) to today 01AM(today). how to filter the above time periods? when i try which filter current 01am candle high/low only. Please help me to solve this issue. #define  YONEAM 01#define TONEAM 01oneAM=0; while(...
I want to Want to give EX4 file of my EA to my friend. But want to make it sure that he will use it on his trading account only. What Code I can put to ensure that my EA will be used for specific trading account number. So that I can add friends account number & then compile EA & then give it to...
  Need Suggetion?  (7)
Hi, I am currently running EA for different pairs with different chart? now i wouldlike to combine with one EA. ie. one EA filters different pairs,different tf,etc.. Is this good idea or better to run EA with different chart? Your advice are welcome.
[Deleted]
Can anyone have idea why this is happened to me? I am new to MQL and created an indicator to show arrow at specific combination of the candles. It appears correct for the past history but for the upcoming candles it requires refresh window. What could be the reason?
[Deleted]
Hello, Since monday i've been running a total of 24 mt4 platforms in the portable mode, cause i want my platforms to look for their files in the installation map and not @ the metaquotes folder on the C drive. But since a few days all the platforms randomly freeze for some time.. I've been checking
[Deleted]
Can anyone have idea why this is happened to me? I am new to MQL and created an indicator to show arrow at specific combination of the candles. It appears correct for the past history but for the upcoming candles it requires refresh window. What could be the reason?
The custom event can carry only very tiny data. The MQL4 event data is limited to three numbers (short, long, double) and a string (up to 65 characters), inclusive the event identification. Not really much for working with objects. I would like to append a custom structure to the custom event. How...
HI all trying to get email alerts to work and keep getting the above error message. checked with my ISP, have all of the info correct in the email box. checked the threads here for help nothing useful or applicable to my situation. Using build 625. So any help deeply appreciated Keith
Hi Everyone, Is it possible to run MetaTrader (and Experts ofcource) on so called dedicated Windows server (many internet companies give such service) ? Thanks, Edward
  EventKillTimer  (3)
Can someone give an example where EventKillTimer used ? Say if my trades have been filled, how do i stop the EvenSetTimer
Hi all, I have a global close function called when total open orders (equity) is > $100 This function is called on EURUSD chart. The function below isn't closing orders like USDJPY... in fact JPY's pair. Please help how to avoid the error message 4107 (Invalid price param): /*   Global Equity...
[Deleted]
  help me fix this indi  (16   1 2)
I found this indi which looks very promising on backtest, but as soon as i put it in live, well..you can see for yourself. However when I ran through the code it didnt make use of anything that really repaints, merely RSI, ADX ATR and momentum. I'm quote confused as to why the indi messes up in live...
I have a demo version build 625 from IG and have spent the last few days trying to get an EA to work. Does anyone know how to help me get an EA up and running. The Experts can be dragged onto the charts but do not seem to place trades. When running strategy tester the EA's don't work and I don't...
I have subsribed to one of the signal providers here. The issue is this trader had many open trades. And the moment I subscribed it 'synchronized' with his/her account opening trades at my account at a very very bad moment. How to avoid situations like this in the future? So only new signlas will be
New article MQL5 Cookbook: Development of a Multi-Symbol Indicator to Analyze Price Divergence has been published at mql5.com: In this article, we will consider the development of a multi-symbol indicator to analyze price divergence in a specified period of time. The core topics have been already...
[Deleted]
Hello, PrintFormat No more than 2 decimal. With this script : //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                              TestPrintFormat.mq4 |//|                                         Copyright 2014, Pierre8r...
[Deleted]
Until today my EA worked fine. I am coding on it and compile it many times a day. Suddenly the G Data Internet Security gave a warning . MetaEditor contains a Virus. The G Data software blocks the MetaEditor. About the same time suddenly the ex4 of the EA gives an error: global initalization...
My EA runs fine when it is running on its own but if I try to run the same EA on a different Symbol at the same time on the same profile then the second one doesn't run very well or at all or there are lots of errors. This happens even if I use Symbol() and different magic numbers for the two
Hi guys, I wanted to post a couple of pictures, one for the report and one for the graph of an EA that allegedly can return spectacular profits. The rule is quite obvious, if it's too good to be true, it usually isn't true, but I wanted to hear more opinions about the theoretical possibility to...
  Membrain NeuralNet  (17   1 2)
Hi All, I wrote a wrapper for membrain... http://www.membrain-nn.de/main_en.htm here the files for those how like to experiment with it. I haven't fully tested it yet. So any feedback is welcome Greetings, Russell -- fixed typo
Hi I have tried without any success to have the same demo account on my desktop, tablet and mobile. The desktop is running Win7 and the tablet and mobile are Android. On the desktop when I try to open an account it doesn't give me the option to choose GBP as the currency so, that messes things up...