MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 757

[Deleted]
  Unknow Issue  (3)
Hello, i have install on a VPS Server a MetaTrader and i have put a EA on a chart and i get know following error messages that i dont understand, please look in the attached picture and let me know if somebody from you understand that:
  Event on changing server?  (11   1 2)
Hi, all important things in the OnInit-routine not be called, if I change the server. Is there another event handler to react on server-change? Regards Burkhard
Will auto update trigger at any random time during the day while MT4 is running, or only on startup?
void OnTick()  {      double Middle = iBands(NULL,0,18,2,0,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_MAIN,0);      Alert("Middle =", Middle); Please help with this code. I want it to give me an alert of what the middle of the bollinger band is at each tick. I know it's not practical, but the alert is just for testing the...
[Deleted]
  Incorrect order  (12   1 2)
Hi guy. can someone tell me why this is happening? As in the picture, the system buy at incorrect price. The candle not even reach that high. How come this happen? It also happen when closing order as well. It close at very weird price. Here is portion of the code i believe to be the source but...
How to draw a Support/Resistance line depending on just a Single Price? Like drawing a single Horizontal line at price 1.3850. And how to draw a block between two prices? Like drawing a rectangular block between 1.3850 & 1.3860? Regards
[Deleted]
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| ProjectName | //| Copyright 2012, CompanyName | //| http://www.companyname.net |
Hey Guys, I am quite new to the Elite section but already a user on the regular channel. Though I was wondering where the "Free subscription to several Elite Signals of your choice" can be found? The LAB Trend system I got up and running and already made some pips with it, though everything else (EA...
Hi, Why every broker need its MT4 and not a default MT4 can be worked out for multiple brokers like its ADRIOD APP DOES?????? I am looking for single MT4 using for multiple brokers?There must be some solution and whats it? Will adding *.srv and *.lic files to \cofig folder will do the trick please...
Hello, im having problem with my EA, it opens more than one trade at one time, i need to fix that, and let the EA, only open another trade when the first one hit the TP or SL, after that its ok to open another trade, and i want to set a fixed lot, it always keep changes the lots ... here is the...
Hi everybody, I am wondering if SendNotification() is possible from indicators. The MQL help https://docs.mql4.com/common/sendnotification tells nothing about that. But the MT4 terminal Options menu tells that push can be sent from EAs and scripts. If you know the answer please comment, thanks.
  Error 130 Pain  (6)
Hi I am having a lot of pain with an Error 130. From what I have read everything points to a NormalizeDouble issue but I can't seem to solve it. The ea takes the low of the day and places a buy order, I have written similar code using 'Ask' as a price reference with no problem. The broker is Alpari...
Hi, Almost all is in the title. On a live chart, there are several way to do it, for example with the OnTimer event handler. But what about the Strategy Tester, timer doesn't work, sleep doesn't work, tick count is not reliable. I am looking for a way to open a trade (or run any code), x seconds...
[Deleted]
I've got some ObjectCreates that are displaying text but the text is being cut off at approximately 64 chars across the chart. How do I increase the allowed width of an Object?
New date 646 - appears to have a bug with " Default.tpl " file - or Default Template. Prior update - one could - setup a template w/indicators etc - customized chart per personal needs. Say 5 Moving Averages 5/12/53/107/200 - Save the template as 5n12. open new chart - normal default is simple...
Hi all, I have a problem with MetaTrader 4, each time I open it it want install an update, this is a problem for me because I have some script who uses some dll and I must not update it. For each open windows ask me if I want take the permission at MT4 to do some modify, this problem exist because
I do not want to update to this 600 build. I am currently sitting on build 509. Would be massively grateful if someone can help???
[Deleted]
Hi there, In my EA, i look for some signals based in external indicators i call with "iCustoms". The issue is that i call like 50 times the indicator and although they have some different settings, there is maybe 10 unique iCustoms. So my idea to speed it up would be to first store the 10 iCustoms...
Hello external variable like bool if i selected manually to one of 2 cases and from program inside i want to reset it as if i remove the EA and attach it again on chart external bool Run= true ; int start() { if (!Run) { Run= true ; } return ( 0 ); } That is example if i click on Run on
Hi Experts! I would like to get a little help. There is an EA, which only begins to work when there is enough bars available. A newly installed MT4 contains only a few candles, and so EA does not work. Are there some programmatic solution that EA downloads the minimum required number of candles,...
Hi. Can I get the duration for an operation? I can get the duration in minutes when I close a order that show how many minutes this order remained opened. thanks
Hi, I just bought a new computer and have to start from zero. I try to put new indicator on mt4, do all the steps correctly, but when I open the aplication of MT4 those indicators doesn`t appears. I configer it the same way as I used to do but... nothing. I copy them correctly in "experts" -...
Regardless of what time frame I'm running an EA on I want to be able to see indicators with different time frames (2,3,4,10,20,etc). The documentation seems to think I just want to view a value while on attached to non standard time frame. I want to use the value of a different time frame's
[Deleted]
Hi, Any coding to read windows registry key and compare it?
[Deleted]
Ok, I've been stuck on this problem for just over a week now! It's a very simple bit of code:      C_time=Time[0];       C_time1=(C_time-(240*60)); // time 4hours ago.     BS1=iBarShift(NULL,PERIOD_H4,C_time1,false);   Line1[0]=iMACD(NULL,PERIOD_H4,10,17,6,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_MAIN,0);...
Hi everyone, I am trading using the attached indicator, when a sell signal is triggered I buy, and vice versa. It works strangely enough. I would like to surn this indicator into an EA, would someone be able to help me adjust the code, instead of printing the signal and setting of an alarm I would...
How is this calculated? I have got this error for 2 Buy-Stop and 3 Sell-Stop-Orders. The Stop-Orders needs: entry, SL, and TP. A valid SL must be 'bigger' than the StopLevel but what is the counter-value for SL - let's say Buy-Stop: I calculate the Entry like e.g. Ask + 6 PIP 1) StopLevel <= Entry -...
[Deleted]
From the post "http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=125117", I was inspired with the idea to use namepipe to communicate with Excel. However, when I run the following script in MT4, I always receive an alert "CreateNamedPipe failed". What did I do wrong?...
I want to be sure I understand how MT4 handles the forex servers. I’ve been working with the assumption that there are market data servers which tick the EA and a broker server which I need to query separately for account information. I started cleaning up an EA to stop it from checking...
Is this possible to use timeframe 3m,10m for EA, which is not available in chart?