MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 767

Hey guys, I just want to print some rules on the right side of the chart. But there is a problem I don't understand. Why is my string-array automatically converted to a number-array?! The compliling error occurs in the row containing ObjectSetText(). #property indicator_chart_windowint i, k;string...
Banned for advertising
Free daily forex signals 100pips - 300pips every week and Get 100% Cash back for every lot size you use in trading. Hi friends, I am Angella and I like to give you this useful information. Do you know you can actually get Free Forex Signals Everyday? This site gives out free forex signals that gives...
I have three separate scripts which generate and update three key drawings; fibonacci retracements, gann fans and andrew's pitchfork. After attaching the scripts to a chart though they appear for a few moments, begin calculating the appropriate position and then seemingly vanish. Has anyone...
Sorry if I have missed this somewhere in the documentation. Sometimes in my EAs, I will want to do something if a trade is closed by hitting the SL or TP. I would like to know if there is a foolproof way of determining this? I know that some brokers will add "sl or "tp" to the comment field, but I...
[Deleted]
Hi I installed MT4 on my Samsung S4 mini, but as you can see, some parts of the screen are missing. I have tried re installing, still the same. Anyone else seen this problem? Better still, anyone got a fix?
[Deleted]
Hello all, I am new to mql4 but have had some programming experience elsewhere. I am using these calculations to describe trend: price above BOTH ema200 and ema50 = uptrend. price below BOTH emas = downtrend. I am displaying a bar at the bottom of the screen to indicate if the above conditions are...
Hi guys, is there any possibilty to calculate the difference between servertime and london time in backtest operating mode??? In real/demo trading environment this is more or less easy but all of these functions are useless in the strategy tester because the only time you get is the simulated...
Good morning, I hope you are fine. I have been having quite a problem calculating the real leverage used by the trading account. We can define real leverage as: double real_leverage =  {total value of the open trades}/AccountEquity(); I am using the SymbolInfoDouble function to calculate the value...
How is a custom indicator supposed to call other custom indicator values from just the open price time, such as seen by using the strategy tester in open prices model? So for example: at opening of a new candle/bar (where only the open price is showing) -- What are the prices of the custom...
Hi, I'm new here and I want to know how to install indicators provided here in MT4-625 I tried copy and paste them in "indicators" folder but they not worked Thank you
It seems that iMA will only return a non zero value using the "standard" time frames. Is there a way of returning a moving average price using time frames such as m10 etc. Additionally, what is the purpose of the maShift input? int MAperiods1 = 9;     int timeFrame  = 10;int iShift     = 0;int...
Hello, I have noticed that when I recompile the GrabWeb function using the MT4 Version: 4.0 Build 625 (21 Mar 2014) the InternetReadFile() does not return anything but a space (1 character long) for every reading instead of the correct strings. If, on the same platform as above mentioned, I run...
I want to report a potential bug of build 600. I run my terminals on Windows 2003 VPS. I set scheduled task to restart my VPS daily, and open all terminals after the OS reboot. This is what I got after VPS restart: What I found is, after the OS restart, my terminals losing all accounts, experts,...
I recently moved a lot of code compiled by build 509 to build 625. Overall 625 found a lot of issues missed by the old compiler, but I'm puzzled by an issue with ArraySize() used on a two dimensional array passed by reference, which still works fine when the updated source is compiled by 509. I...
[Deleted]
does exist mt4 or mt5 version for Windows Phone 8?
Hi everybody, try to enter 0.5 or any other double on input in this script - the input cell will not allow you to do that. Apparently an input variable can not be of double type, but it is not mentioned in documentation, is it? Tested on build 625....
  Escape EA - the 100% winner  (20   1 2)
This is an EA which I found somewhere on the web. I don't know exactly where, it might be here on the forum, but if it's not here, you will be happy I uploaded it. It makes transactions based on the MA, takes profit after 10 pips and stops loss at 1000 pips. I tested it and backtested it and it...
after the last update my EA stopped open new trades when i check it for errors it gives me this message return value of 'OrderSelect' should be checked total = CountTrades(); if (total == 0 ) flag = FALSE ; for (cnt = OrdersTotal () - 1 ; cnt >= 0 ; cnt--) { OrderSelect (cnt, SELECT_BY_POS
[Deleted]
Hi everyone, I'm currently modifying a candlestick pattern indicator downloaded from the internet. I've added the additional conditions under the *Bearish engulfing pattern* that the range of the current bar (H-L) must be greater than the range of previous 6 candles. The additional code is:((H - L)...
string a=("" + TimeCurrent() + 100+ ";" ); I see have code like that written, what mean? I use FileWrite fuction put the code into xx.txt file,but I can't Read it use FileOpeN- FileReadNumber, I find the cause,possible is the number is oversize,I use WINDOUS XP systom,I Want to Read the Value...
[Deleted]
I want to know MT5 support disable selection for objects like Trendlines so how can we do the same thing in MT4 plz guide me I need some S/R levels they mostly get selected while scroling or clicking chart panning so plz I want to lock them help me plz :( Thanks in Advance
There is some indicator that works on MT4 and showing me the average price of open positions?
Does anyone know where I can get information on creating a new class? Thank you
[Deleted]
  how to refresh window  (12   1 2)
Hi, Anyone know any code to refresh window like the manual refresh (right click > Refresh) ? I want to refresh window when i create an object via the OnChartEvent() function. Thanks.
I want to return a number based on the content of a string. int aaa=3; int bbb=5; string mypick="aaa"; For example: if mypick="aaa", then I want return the value of aaa (aaa=3 in my example, so that the returned value should 3) if mypick="bbb", then I want return the value of bbb I google the...
[Deleted]
https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1391#3_2 I fix the warning by referring to these articles . But I don't understand why ( string ) will solve the problem . Can someone explain the warning " implicit conversion from ' number ' to ' string ' " for me ??? Thanks ~~
[Deleted]
Hi, everyone and MetaQuotes! Please, who can help me with this: after the update with build 625, i cant use any script, because, i think, my scripts not working correct. The fact is this: when i launch a script nothing happened on the screen or with my orders, but, when i tried to re-open the same
Hi Folks, I have created a tool to build trading models using feed forward neural network.This is built using Encog and other open source libraries. 70% of the records are used for training and the remaining 30% is used for validating the model. Please follow this link and give me a feedback. https...
Hi everybody, I want to send file from MT4 to my server but I want to put all parameter (FTP server, FTP path, FTP login, password) in the EA/Script, not in FTP setting tab of MT4. Does anyone know how to do this with SendFTP function? Or even if SendFTP cannot help, is there any imported DLL...