Which EA's are people have success with?

Hi all,

I was just wondering, what EA's are you having success with at the moment from those listed here?

What settings did you alter to configure it?

How profitable is it?

Reason I ask, is I'm not sure why it says 3000+ pips per month here made by the varity of EA's that "work".

I've ran backtesting using the strategy tester on MT4 - Northfinance platform, The only one that I had any good backtesting results with was the DayTrader3.

Appreciate any feedback you can give.

Thanks.

FXGuy2000:
Hi all,

I was just wondering, what EA's are you having success with at the moment from those listed here?

What settings did you alter to configure it?

How profitable is it?

Reason I ask, is I'm not sure why it says 3000+ pips per month here made by the varity of EA's that "work".

I've ran backtesting using the strategy tester on MT4 - Northfinance platform, The only one that I had any good backtesting results with was the DayTrader3.

Appreciate any feedback you can give.

Thanks.

Welcome to the section.

First of all you need to read this thread.

You will find all the files and will understand the structure of this elite section.

Secondly read this thread. From this thread you will understand why we are testing something.

Hi newdigital, thanks for your reply, I appreciate the time in doing so.

I've read all 67 topics here, and some many times over.

I've downloaded quite a few of them, and tested all of them.

I run the strategy tester in North Finance MT4 platform. I'm not getting any good results from any of them except for DayTrader3, but as I understand it this one makes 1 or 2 or so trades per day/week.

I was looking over at the firebird, but this one looks good when I see someone else use it, nice profits, but in backtesting it, it gave nothing but losses - and I hadn't changed any settings in the file.

I've tried all of them, V63G (which some guy had excellent results with, I backtested it with the strategy tester and couldn't work out how he managed those gains), V65, and v65ft, again, not so good results.

Which ones work well live? because it seems to me that the strategy tester is useless, to a degree if you and others are making headway using these EA's in forward testing.

Once again, thanks for your time.

FXGuy2000:
Hi newdigital, thanks for your reply, I appreciate the time in doing so.

I've read all 67 topics here, and some many times over.

I've downloaded quite a few of them, and tested all of them.

I run the strategy tester in North Finance MT4 platform. I'm not getting any good results from any of them except for DayTrader3, but as I understand it this one makes 1 or 2 or so trades per day/week.

I was looking over at the firebird, but this one looks good when I see someone else use it, nice profits, but in backtesting it, it gave nothing but losses - and I hadn't changed any settings in the file.

I've tried all of them, V63G (which some guy had excellent results with, I backtested it with the strategy tester and couldn't work out how he managed those gains), V65, and v65ft, again, not so good results.

Which ones work well live? because it seems to me that the strategy tester is useless, to a degree if you and others are making headway using these EA's in forward testing.

Once again, thanks for your time.

Just look at the statements. Most of EAs were tested since the beginning of January this year.

- Daytrading3tf may be ok. One sell order on EURUSD was opened one week ago and still is not closed yet ...

May be ok for GBPUSD.

- Envelope is good.

- Goldwarrior may be ok. But we need to have big deposit to use it.

And some others:

- Mandarine may be good for some pair.

- I like Brainwashing EA (M15 with timefilter). I tested it manualy during the many months. But the value of iTrend indicator depends on the broker's data so it should be differentresults with different broker.

- easyLMA_v6 is very interesting.

- StepMAExpert_v1.4 may be ok.

There are some kind of EAs which we should use in particular market condition. Some EAs are losing money but they are very famious. The other EAs were developed inside this forum.

Improvements and modifications.

Some EAs were improved. I tested SilverTrend EA and this EA was modified 3 times. Not profitable for any pair.

Igorad modified his StepMAExpert 3 times as well. I like the last version of this EA.

Other EAs should be tested more to have some opinion about any improvements. Besides we have some contest EAs and EAs which were not properly testedwithin public forum. So I do not think that we need to speed the improvement process up.

I agree with you EK, but you know the saying? "you get what you paid for".. well in this case, using MT4 platform is free. Believe it or not they're still in beta mode. I think they are aware of the indifferences with the results reagarding the strategy backtester with different users. Maybe one day they'll work it out.

Well.

We have some tasks/problems to do here as i understand it. It was described here:

Problems.

We have two main problems/tasks/questions in this section. All the question/tasks were suggested by elite sections members:

1. we will create the template/indicators for all the EAs to trade manually and to understand how/why particular EA is openning orders. And for the improvements of EA.

2. Portfolio.

So we have additional one:

3. It may be very good to add something inside the code of EAs to get similar results in every broker (forward testing results). I know that it is possible sometimes. Just sometimes for some EAs only.

One example. When I took EAs to testing the only few of them had magic numbers options and are able to trade together with other EAs. So we had to modify them a little in this case.

And as I understand we need to continue it to modify it more for EAs to perform with every broker with similar results.

I know it is difficult and it is impossible for some EAs. And we do not have indormation enough about how to do it: just few posts in some Russian forums about buy/sell stop/limit orders and several messages in yahoo group concerning Envelope EA which was about 8 months ago. That's all.

Anyway if we can do it soit will be great.

If somebody has some information (programming information or just thinkings) about it please post.

Probably we should create new thread about it. But for now I am really don't know how even to start this improvemens. All that I know that not all of EAs are possibly to improbe in this way.

500 ea's and 1000 indicators

I am still trying to find an Ea that works. Below are 500 EAS and 1000's

from elcactus.com.. If anyone can hint as to a direction with these eas' as far as lower risk with a positive return, I would be gratefull. I don't need manual trading tips. I can do those trades sleepwalking.

Files:
mt4_ea1.zip  1410 kb

eas'

If anyone has an EA that goes by the height of Macd on the 4 hour chart... ???

I'm having good performance with two new EA's I've developed, "JitterBug" & "WaveRider". The two are being merged as one EA "JitterBug Duplex" with the Jitterbug module targeting ranging conditions and the WaveRider module catching trend conditions. Neither module uses indicators, only price action. Some forward test results for WaveRider and live results for JitterBug are attached.

Hi Bluto,

Nice results. I've also been focusing on strictly price action EA's. I have a month of forward testing behind me and probably a month to go before I will feel comfortable releasing it.

The reason I took this path was as an experiment to see if the lagging nature of indicators could be avoided by going with the only variable that doesn't lag - price.

Good luck and I look forward to your results.

Rick

Reason: