MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1662

Hi, By some reason, Print() function doesn't output anything in the log in my newlyinstalled Alpari. However, it used to perfectly work on FXDD. Any ideas why itis so? Sorry for a bunch of silly quesion, guys, - I am completelty new to MT programming.
Greetings, I want to iterate through all bars of the timeframe which may not becurrent on the chart e.g. the current time frame is daily, and I'd like to iteratethough hourly e.g. iTime(NULL, PERIOD_H1, i). How can I get the number of bars on the hourly chart? Usingwhile(true) with break when some...
Greetings, Does anyone know if there is some function to get the current chart timeframe? I realize that this info can be obtained by comparing times of 2 adjucentbars, but this approach is definitely more involved. Thank youin advance.
[Deleted]
Could you please explain how works and how to use OrderCloseBy ? I have not found a clear explanation in the documentation neither any detailledexample. thanks
  int x = double y ?  (14   1 2)
int x; double y = 1.00000000; x = y; This is a simplificated code from one of my scripts, that behaves strange. I foundout why: When I do this, x will be sometimes 0, sometimes 1. I couldn't figure out yet whatdoes the result depend on. If I use x = NormalizeDouble(y,4) * 10000, then it gives...
Courtesy of the Motley Fool It was a huge week for news, and there are financial repercussions all around.So prepare yourself to hear the headlines you've heard all over again -- this timethrough a macro Foolish filter. 1. The market goes on to impress - http://marketivaforex.com What happened?...
[Deleted]
Is there a good way to do this? Right now I am using the following code: int numOrders= OrdersTotal(); for (int i = 0; i numOrders; i++) { OrderSelect(0, SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES); if (Symbol() == OrderSymbol()) { if (OrderType() == OP_BUY) { OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(), Bid, 3, Violet); }...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006 the article "General Statistics of the First 4 Weeks" has been published. The article deals with analyses of all Championship Participants'equities. The experts are ranked and distributed by equities. The conclusions aremade about typical...
HELLO> How can i apply bollinger bands to another indicator, on the same chart? -I have this indicator which gives me the ratio for (EURUSD/USDCHF), i use thisratio for pair-trading. -I want to determine bollinger bands: upper band, mean, lowerband from the ratioindicator. Is this possible with...
[Deleted]
I have been testing on EURUSD M5 history that goes back to Oct 2005.  For somereason I could no longer access back beyond just a few days (maybe a reset of theserver?).  I re-copied my history file in the History folder, but I cannotget the history to go beyond Aug 2006 when using my PageUp key....
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, the "Championship Report: Fourth Week" has been published. It briefly summarizes the last week results. The Top Threeis headed by Vdiddi38. ldamiani is on the second place with its open positions,and Sashken fell to the third place. The...
[Deleted]
When testing, one can trade with the following methods: Each tick Control points open price Witch one is the same as the live trading?
[Deleted]
In my EA, there is need to find the exact profit generated in the last closed trade,which is usually exited by SL or take profit. How can I know if the last orderexited with SL or TP and the profit generated from it? Thanks
Hello, I am looking for a Meta Trader platform based Brokers that could help us automateour strategies throught them using TS2000i Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks
Hello, Does the ArrayResize function guarantee the integrity of the contents of the array being resized, providedthat it is an expansion of the array? Does the same hold true for making the array smaller? If I resize to one elementsmaller, will it simply chop off the last element of the array?...
[Deleted]
Learning to draw on the chart, I find that this works: #property indicator_chart_window#property indicator_buffers 3#property indicator_color1 Gold#property indicator_width1 2#property indicator_color2 Green#property indicator_width2 2#property indicator_color3 Red#property indicator_width3 1...
  Code Help  (1)
I need a little help. This code is supposed to plot arrows on top of or below theprice bars when the RSI values are met. I'm having trouble with a parenthesis issue.Can someone fix this bug for me and make sure it works? I have no clue right now.I'm still in Chapter 1 MQL......
[Deleted]
For 5 Min chart, Alert 10 EMA and 40 SMA Crossing. I don't know how to code at all. Thx, lori lori.glory@yahoo.com
[Deleted]
Would anyone be able to help me out with this? I'm trying to make an EA that will open up a buy on a symbol at a fixed price ifthere is not already a trade open at that price. As example say I want the expert to buy on EUR/USD everytime the price hits 1.700unless there is a trade currently open at...
[Deleted]
any body can tell me the code to trade long or short only , Long & Short atpositions ? thank very much
[Deleted]
when market is highly volatile, it happens that a pending order with 0 slippageis not opened because the rate jump over the OrderOpenPrice of this pending order. Which trading function has to be used by the Expert to open this order at the newrate ? i.e. : rate at 1.2600 pending order sell limit...
One question!Will my expert work properly, in case that MetaTrader 4 is not loaded(not on-line).Thank you!
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, the Interview with Lingyu Jiang (jianglingyu) has been published. Jiang gave a brief account of forex trading in Japan and Chinaand described his Expert Advisor: My Expert Advisor tries to catch the main trend of a day. It's based on the...
[Deleted]
I'm wondering if anyone out there can shed some light on, or share their experienceswith using indicative vs real forex quote data when back-testing trading systems. I've been trying to gain some understanding on the different typesof data and how they're collected and came to the following...
Hi, how do I display a Date Time as a string?
Hi, is there any way to run a script on all the charts at once? or to write a scriptthat can access the objects of all charts?
Hello There is not weekly timeframe at period window. How can I test about weekly period? Thanks
Hi folks, There are many great EA's circuling around the forex community, so I have an idea to gether the best 10-15 and test their performance on live account. I know this site is already doing this kind of thing but there's been many new EA's and new versions of previous ones. If nothing else the
Can anyone pls check out the Expert Advisor that I am trying to produce, it seems to have a promissing performance. No trades in the same bar as this produces fake results. Its run on GBPUSD 4 Hours
  returning arrays  (9)
hi guys, in a function I want to return an array: int lala() { int lala[2] = {1,2}; return(lala); } alright, that works. However, how to put the returned var. into a new array? double temp[] = lala(); That doesn't work :/. Could anybody please tell me how I could get that working? -...