MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1628

[Deleted]
I've successfully installed & run it. I opened an account, and everything is working.... EXCEPT... I can't see any chart... only with strategy tester... It stuck on "Waiting for update" I'd like some help and advice please. Screen shot: http://img454.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot2hk5...
How To Implement Your Own Optimization Criteria In this article an example of optimization by profit/drawdown criterion with resultsreturned into a file is developed for a standard Expert Advisor - Moving Average. Author: Nikolai Shevchuk
[Deleted]
Greetings, I have a show me study I used with Tradestation written in easy language that Iam hoping someone could convert for use on this platform. Thanks for any help, Scott --------------------------------------- [LegacyColorValue = true]; { # PLDot } variables: PLDot( 0 ), HLC_Avg( 0 )...
[Deleted]
In the code below taken from the 'Expert Advisor Sample' post on this forum: -- Buy if(MacdCurrent<0 && MacdCurrent>SignalCurrent && MacdPrevious<SignalPrevious&& MathAbs(MacdCurrent)>(MACDOpenLevel*Point) && MaCurrent>MaPrevious) -- Sell if(MacdCurrent>0 && MacdCurrent<SignalCurrent &&...
[Deleted]
Hi. I am newbie. In fact this is my first post. I have a question. Using ExpertAdvisor code, how can backtest an order between two specified time periods? For example; here's some sample code: datetime dStart = D'2005.08.08 00:00:00'; datetime dEnd = D'2007.08.09 00:00:00'; From: dStart...
[Deleted]
In the code below taken from the 'Expert Advisor Sample' post on this forum: MaCurrent=iMA(NULL,0,MATrendPeriod,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0); MaPrevious=iMA(NULL,0,MATrendPeriod,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,1); I thought the signal line was suppose to be 9-day simple moving average. In thisexample...
[Deleted]
Hi All Can anybody give me an example of EA containing the following : Creating a buy/sell order with stoploss and take profit updating stoploss updating takeprofit thank you
[Deleted]
Can somebody explane is this Championship for programmers or traders? I want to participate,but can not program option about trading from one chart with3 different symbols that has 3 differents MA Periods, for example in MT4 terminal has EA by Metaquotes called :Moving Average.Why don't updatethat...
[Deleted]
how do i code if(ask>OrderOpenPrice_buy)...... if(bid<OrderOpenPrice_sell)......
[Deleted]
Hi there I am looking for help please as I am not a programmer. I teach technical tradinghere in Oz with the focus on the psychology. I want to be able to pull a historyreport for any desgnated duration on completed trades similar to that already inthe history window. HOWEVER, I want it to include...
[Deleted]
I recently have tried to make a mini account with $500 dollars to start. After icreated the account all trade windows say "waiting for update" is thereanyway to fix this problem? thank you for future assistance.
[Deleted]
Hello , When I learn to program as follows : int start() { //---- int handle; int ticket; Print (Ask); ticket = OrderSend (Symbol(),OP_BUY,0.1,Ask,3,Ask-25*Point,Ask+25*Point, "Myorder #2",16384,0,Green); if (ticket<0) { Print ("OrderSend failed with error #", GetLastError());...
On the website of Automated Trading Championship 2007, a new article "Mathematics in Trading: How to Estimate Trade Results" has been published. A certain level of mathematical background is required ofany trader, and this statement needs no proof. The matter is only: How can we definethis minimum...
[Deleted]
Anyone, I like using the Daily Pivot Points Indicator in the attached .rar file. However, I like the display of the pivot values(upper right hand corner) that is used in the IBFXDailyPivots. I'm not very familiarwith writting in MQL4 code. I looked to see if I could copy and paste part of theformula...
The article describes construction of fractal lines of various types using trend lines andfractals. Abstract: Fractals are used by practically all traders. However, if you ask them what a fractal is, they will at best answerthat it is an indicator in the Bill Williams' system. The more advanced...
On the last build of MT client, the program: double MaxEquity; int Round; int init() { //---- MaxEquity=AccountEquity(); Round=(OrdersTotal()/13)-1; //---- return(0); } int start() { //---- Comment("MaxEquity = ",MaxEquity," ____ Round = ",Round, "____ Totals = ",OrdersTotal());...
[Deleted]
  Counting Bars  (2)
Is there a way to count the number of bars since a position has been opened?
[Deleted]
I have got a doubt about Sleep function. Suppose if once Sleep is executed for 10 secs, and if again it is executed for10 secs after 5 secs, After totally how many secs it will retrieve... 20 or 15.. Thanks in advance..............
[Deleted]
Hello I have a question and my question is more related to C programming instead of MQL: I wrote a program in C# to run on each tic of terminal. This is an exe console application.now I can't find a way to run a console application from within dlls. I tried ShellExecutefrom <shellapi.h> and...
[Deleted]
  Alarm for PSAR  (1)
Hi Friends, I need some help with setting up an Alert/Alarm when Parabolic SAR changes the direction. Can someone please guide me in the right direction. Thanks The_One
Hello, I am looking for a variable which returns the current chart timeframe. Thanks a lot,
[Deleted]
A few questions: 1. How many EAs will MQL4 run simultaneously? 2. Can each EA run on a separate account through multi-terminal? Adam
[Deleted]
Once I found lowest price in certain period, e.g.: LPrice=Low[iLowest(NULL,0,MODE_LOW,25,0)]; I would like to get number of bars betweent this lowest and current bar?
MQL4 Language for Newbies. Technical Indicators and Built-in Functions This is the third article from the series "MQL4 Language for Newbies".Now we will learn to use built-in functions and functions for working with technicalindicators. The last ones will be essential in the future...
[Deleted]
  High Low Day/Year  (11   1 2)
Hi Friends, I am new to MT4 and trying to write a code for drawing horizontal lines for: 1. High and Low of Previous day. 2. High and Low of Previous and Current Week. 3. High and Low of Previous and Current Month. 4. High and Low of Previous and Current Year. If someone can please show me...
The most important thing of an EA is to find out if it is profitable. To do thisthe Strategytester is very usefull if you use it the correct way. For that I allwayswent to Tools History Center, choose the currency and then downloades all timeframes.After that I went to the Strategytester and choosed...
Wouldn't it be helpfull to create a custom indicator (based on closing of the bar)that shows where the "perfect trader/system" would buy and sell. Thiswould allow you to visually compare the lag and accuracy of your own indicators,custom indicators and EA's. Offcourse we would have to use the spread...
[Deleted]
Hello, I get the following error message in the journal when I run an expert advisor /strategy tester: 2007.08.10 07:20:21 2007.04.18 14:05 5EMAsAlert EURUSD.spot, H1: dll calls arenot allowed; 'wininet.dll'-'InternetOpenA' wininet.dll is installed on my PC at version 7.00.6000.16473 on XP SP2...
Hi everyboy I want to solve a problem : I try to get the Highest and Lowest sincea trade begin : First I do that : double top_High = High[ Highest( NULL, 0, MODE_HIGH,10, 1 ) ]; double top_Sell = Low [ Lowest ( NULL, 0 ,MODE_LOW , 10, 1 ) ]; Alert(Symbol()," " , Period(), " topH = " , top_High, "...