MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1624

[Deleted]
I have some code i built a while ago on metatrader3, the syntax is quite differentfrom mql4 which is what i'm now using. I want to know, is there a way of converting my old scripts into mql4 so i don'thave to write them from scratch? Thanks for you time, Ed
The idea is that from e.g. H5 I receive open/close position signal, but want toconfirmation from e.g. H1... Any tips how to use in 1 EA indicators from M5 and H1?
[Deleted]
can i use a while loop like this in the championship: while(IsConnectetd() && !IsStopped) { sleep(500); refreshrates(); some code Ordersend... some code } the problem is all works fine in demoaccount and livetrading, but backwardtestingis impossible because of the while loop (impossible so...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, an Interview with Eugeni Neumoin (nen) has been published. Eugeni Neumoin known as nen uses functions provided by MQL4 to develop his indicator named ZUP. In this indicator, he utilizes various methods.The indicator is based on many...
[Deleted]
Hello, I'm working with an ea, and I need to know if the last trade closed for stop loss. How can I know it? Thanks.
Hi I want to write an indicator that returns the previous monlthy high and low relatingto each bar ... so the Time for bar n is Time[n] and to get the Monthly bar no relating to that time is m_bar_no = iBarShift(NULL,PERIOD_MN1,Time[n]) and to get the previous monthly high/low is iHigh(NULL...
[Deleted]
hi all, i am using interbank FX demo account mostly for signals... i know how to put alert on some indicator,but what i don´t know (nee your help)is how to write code wich will alert me if for example three conditionsare met: for example: 1.price touches one m. average(or even better--price is near...
[Deleted]
I haven't found an exact answer to this, but would I be correct in assuming that the execution speed of an EA is determined by the client computer? If so, is there a way to determine how long it takes the EA to process a new tick? Thanks Nick
[Deleted]
Hi, Is there any way for an expert to get a notification call when an order closesdue to TP or SL, or do I have to just poll all my open orders at each tick if Iwant to act on the close? Many thanks, Kevin
[Deleted]
Hi I would like to run testing and possibly use some of the winning entries from 2006Championship. Where can I find these programs? Also, will the winners of the 2007 Championship, and others be available to thepublic? For testing and possible using on live accounts. Thanks!
I created this thread to manage some of my projects. A lot of these are in beta stages but you're welcome to test and use them. I appreciate any feedback. -neta1o INDICATORS FXA0 - CCI Majoro ver1 IND.mq4 This indicator plots the CCI and the Weighted Moving Average of the CCI line. You can change...
[Deleted]
I tried trading on the contest account and my account balance changed. I hope it'snot a problem isn't it? Hopefully the accounts will be reset when the championshipstarts. And can I use the contest account to test my EA on it? Thank you in advance
[Deleted]
  Hedge trade  (6)
Does anyone know how I can set up a hedge trade funtion that can query my currenttrades and if the trade is say -15 it will put in a hedge trade to close at thesame stop loss as the current negative trade? Example: Trade 1 -5 pips. Trade 2 -8 pips. Trade 3 -15 pips. Experts spots that trade three is...
  Very Profitable EA  (18   1 2)
Hi, I am very new in this forum, this is my 2nd month in Elite section. I am currently forward testing TrendStrenthExpert V2 & trendenvelopeexpert V2.4 with encouraging results. My main reason in starting this thread is to get help of experience coders in this exclusive forum to look into the...
Practical Application of Cluster Indicators in FOREX Cluster indicators are sets of indicators that divide currency pairs into separatecurrencies. Indicators allow to trace the relative currency fluctuation, determinethe potential of forming new currency trends, receive trade signals and...
  help me  (2)
I have read many books . and I am very interested in stochastic RSI oscillator.but unfortunately,I do not find this indicator in custom indicator in MT4. I hopesome body will help me to create this indicator and put the code in mql4. com ,in the section CODE BASE . i have the formula of this...
In my search for indicators i purchased "Easy indicator System MT4 TradingFOREX Profit per Day" from an eBay seller. It turns out it is the Meta Quotes own "Daily Pivot Points" indicator After discovering that he had ripped this script directly from the mql4.com codebase, i asked for a full refund...
[Deleted]
Hi all, Can anyone tell me what is the meaning of the followings error. My EA can run onReal Time Trading and Strategy Tester in my machine, but error in the Championshiptesting? 2007.09.02 19:57 loading compilation 'indicators\macd_2line.mq4' compilation 'indicators\jma.mq4' myrhtc3ov2 on USDCHF...
[Deleted]
When an order is placed with a stop order and a take profit order we are placinga stop loss order as an order type of 'ON STOP', and the take profit order is a'LIMIT' order. As LIMIT and STOP orders can been seen by the broker, the broker can push priceup to take out your orders for there own quick...
[Deleted]
can any one help? i am using a Demo account . every time i place an order and buy, the message "TRADE IS DISABLED!"pop up and also the Market Watch seem to be offline. from rodee
Is there any Limition for TrailingStop ? ModifyOrder is used for TrailingStop. Does TrailingStop must large than 15 points ? or other value?
[Deleted]
The only Expert Advisor that showed profit in the Strategy Tester, with quotes downloaded from the Center's Hitory, immediately plunged the deposit into the floor
New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 208 has been published: Fixed error of terminal deadlock when drawing a large number of vertical lines.MQL4: fixed error of last_error variable formation when calling a non-existing globalvariable.MQL4: fixed error of MessageBox function, leading to crash in...
[Deleted]
Dear all I have using 4H MACD Strategy; I Attached the files about it. could any one help me in creating an EA for this.. or an indicator that can display Buy at price and sell at price with SL and TP Ex. Trend (Up/Down) Sell/Buy at xxx.xxxx SL xxx.xxxx TP xxx.xxxx TS xx Thanks
[Deleted]
Help with dots on the chart I am trying to place dots on the charts whenever there is condition. eg if close[0] > High[1] { ObjectSet("ArrowB",OBJPROP_COLOR, Green); ObjectSet("ArrowB", OBJPROP_ARROWCODE, 159); ObjectSet("ArrowB", OBJPROP_TIME1, Time[0]); ObjectCreate ("ArrowB",OBJ_ARROW,0...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, the article 2 Months of Registration has been published. The results of two-month registration are given in the article. Over 1100 people have appliedfor participation in the Championship. The amount of those submitted their Expert Advisors...
Hey I want to see CFD in MT4 a specail the index , please advise me how i can do it.
  EA from scratch - Part 1  (50   1 2 3 4 5)
Hi there, I hope I may start this thread here under expert analysis. First of all, excuse my English. It's my second language, but I'll try to correctly express myself. I've been trading live (part-time) for about a year now, and lost a lot of money. Not just on trading, but on books, systems, EA's,...
Following rule under trading terms atc2006 - The minimum trade size is 0.1 of a lot, the maximum one is 5 lots withthe step of 0.1 of a lot. is modified as atc2007 - The minimum trade size is 0.1 lot, the maximum one is 5 lots with thestep of 0.1 lot for each order. Does it mean that we can place...
[Deleted]
What are the benefits of the Multi-Terminal MT4? Can I open a chart on one currencyand trade multiple accounts using an EA? Why should anybody use it?