MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1627

[Deleted]
Hi I just bought pda phone HTC touch ( http://www.htc.com/product/03-product_htctouch.htm) with windows mobile 6. I could not install MT4 mobile , error message - not compatible.How can I make this work? thanks
Hello. I can´t find the variable (if there is one) to define level description as we can do in the levels tab. Let´say we define a level as 50, no matter if you´re using properties or setlevelvalue. The only way seems to be writing the description in the levels tab, every timeyou plot the...
[Deleted]
  Complex arbitration  (77   1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 8)
I think there is no sense to continue the discussion of this speculation method, especially because its definition is finally determined (sorry for tautology) in Jury Reshetov's thread. So we have two correlated currency pairs a/b and c/b, and correspondingly three currencies a, b, and c. It is not
[Deleted]
Note: This topic's old subject title was: MessageBox() Strategy tester's output ??? Perhaps for clarity reasons, I changed the title. For latest question, see entry below with the highlighted question. Let's say I was using Strategy tester. And let's say I was using my EA code: int ticket;...
[Deleted]
Hello, Is there any way for me to back test my EA on 5 min timeframe started 1 January07, or even earlier.? My terminal now only allow me to test up to maximum 6 weeks.. Help appreciate.. Cheers
Hello everyone I'm running an expert on 1m chart. I have a problem when I start the MT while theexpert is placed on chart. The expert start computing its values based on the barson chart (which are not up to date when MT starts). I need a way to make the expert starts aafter the missing bars are...
[Deleted]
What does it mean when an EA looks disabled in the navigator?
[Deleted]
Is it possible to manage the opening of charts via MQL4 programming? I would liketo do the following: - Open a chart for a specific symbol - Set the period - Assign an EA and indicators Thanks in advance, Ed
[Deleted]
Hi guys if anyone intrested to check the forward testing for ILYASI EA. please email usat info@pipprofit.com to send you the account number and password. to prepare yourself, Please download the meta trader from here: http://pipprofit.com/brokers.aspx?bid=2 regards,
If I choose SELECT_BY_POS in OrderSelect( ) , can I use OrderTicket( ) related with it later?
What is the correct way to handling exception for OrderSend() function ? Is the following MQL4 code a properly way? bool OpenOrderSuccessCheck(int result) { if ( result == ERR_NO_ERROR || result == ERR_NOT_ENOUGH_MONEY || result == ERR_MARKET_CLOSED) { return (true); } if (...
[Deleted]
I am new to MT and EAs in general, and I would like to know if it is possible to communicate between EAs on different charts. So for example if I have several charts open , using different currencies, is it possible to send comunications between the two instances of the EA? And I am a programmer by
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, an Interview with Andrey Vedikhin has been published. Andrey Vedikhin, a Jury member representing Alpari (UK) Limited., has almost 15-year experienceon financial markets. The author of the book named Forex from the First Person. Now, he is...
I'd like to know why MetaTrader can't work with futures. All brokers that I've spokento told me MetaTrader can't work with futures. Futures may be implemented onlyas CFDs. However, NFA forbids the trading of CFDs. So, what's wrong with MetaTrader? Why futures must work only with JTrader, NinjaTrader...
[Deleted]
hi im trying to plot iMA of a formula that yields rather a huge number for eachbars its applied on. Problem is that it constantly freezes. and MT4 Terminal crashes. So i dont knowif its drawing the iMA or not. thank you. int start() { int counted_bars = IndicatorCounted(); int pos = Bars -...
[Deleted]
Hi All, I am new to this user community portal and I am wondering is there is a specificplace to log view and log know MQL4 SPRs (System Problem Reports)?
[Deleted]
Question. Why is this code not writing the string to the file? int handle=FileOpen("my_data2.txt",FILE_WRITE,';');if(handle<1){ Print("cannot open file error-",GetLastError()); return(0); // same as return(false)} FileWriteString(handle, "Hello World", 5); //truncated...I know, but ignore...
[Deleted]
Hi all, I was wondering if their exist a bollinger band indicator whose middle band isderived from an exponential moving average? or at least point me in the right direction. p.s I'm heading to the library to borrow a book on C cheers Andrew
I hope someone can help me with this code. I am testing an idea and need functionalityat this point (i.e. I know the code isn't pretty). The code is supposed to openonly 5 lots each time the previous closed trade was profitable. If the last closedtrade was a loss (stopped out) it should increase the...
[Deleted]
Could the Alert Tab function be amended to include sending an Email?  Thiswould be separate from sending an Email by an Expert Advisor.
On the menu and EAtest setting winndow, thr e font size is very small, cannot see it clear, What is wrong with it ?
How can I Call a COM-server DLL from within an EA??????????????? CatSSA is a COM-server (DLL), which is able to perform basic operations of timeseries analysis and forecast by the Singular Spectrum Analysis method. This toolis a useful supplement to the CaterpillarSSA program and allows developers...
I have an EA that sent an order to the broker with a max deviation of 10 pips. I was requoted by the server at a price well within the max dev. This was an actual standard account trade. I had a demo do something worse, in my mind; it requoted at a BETTER price than requested and yet did not fill
I need put some sounds or notice when arrows alert is in the grafic wiht ADXcrossesindicator, can anybody help me in this matter? Thank a lot a congratulations for the forum Ricardo
What external variables are more sensitive in your EA, for a determined time period? Can you create a fast test to answer this question? The reality is that traders spend a lot of time and effort to adjust their EA. So what about a Tester Sequence Mode to help and speed adjustments, where...
Helo I looking for EA or Script, to open or place orders with some parametrs for ex.I fill /SYMBOL PRICE ( BUY OR SELL LIMIT) TP & SL VOLUMEN/ and it is maybeone order maybe more And I activate them by one key. ps. sorry for my english
[Deleted]
hello, One of my brokers does not deal lots anymore, only deals with quantities. So, ifI want to deal what used to be 0.1 lots, now I have to enter 10,000. What changes do I need to make to my EA's to make this happem? For instance, see the example EA attached here ,which deals lots, can you show...
[Deleted]
I have receive 100's of email alerts sometimes on the indicator below. Can someonehelp me correct this ? I would like 1 email per bar if possible. thx #property indicator_chart_window extern int MA1.period =5; //Period 5 extern int MA1.shift=0; extern int MA1.method=2; //SMMA extern int lMA1...
[Deleted]
Using only EA code, is it possible to access past/history information (such as pastprice movements for USDCHF)? And if so, how?
[Deleted]
I've successfully installed & run it. I opened an account, and everything is working.... EXCEPT... I can't see any chart... only with strategy tester... It stuck on "Waiting for update" I'd like some help and advice please. Screen shot: http://img454.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot2hk5...