MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1632

[Deleted]
Is it possible to display the value of a variable as a label inside graph. Please help. Thank you in advance.
[Deleted]
I'm not able to store values in a variable received via iCustom (of same data type). Is this not supported?
Can someone help me here please? I have some flags set in my EA which need to becleared every time an order is closed. But I don't know how to catch the signalwhen an order is closed by system, not my EA. Anyone had the same experience? Thanks, Tiger
Does anyone have a report template or other method to report total time that orderswere open? In Statement, DetailedStatement and StrategyTesterReport, it would beuseful to scan a report that has a column that shows the total time that orderswere open. Thanking yoiu in advance, Wackena
Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have been successfully hedging currenciesfor a while now, but because most of the action happens in the middle of the night(I live in Australia) I am not able to close out positions when overall profitreaches a certain level. I tried to find an EA in...
I reinstalled MetaTrader and i don`t have all pairs available like they were before,GBP/USD is missing ,I can only open it when I press profiles and then it`s blank,nothing is on the chart,what shall I do?Thanks
  Crash Report  (1)
I was moving a trendline, and my code may have tried to delete it while I was manually moving it There has been a critical errorTime : 2007.07.13 12:05Program : Client TerminalVersion : 4.00 (build: 206, 06 Jun 2007)Owner : MetaQuotes Software Corp. (MetaTrader)OS :...
[Deleted]
Hi, I am adding some labels to my charts using a custom indicator, and the items areprovided timestamped for GMT. However I am in GMT+1, and would like to handle theconversion on the fly as the labels are added. However to do that I need to accessthe client terminals local GMT offset - and add to...
[Deleted]
Hi all, I have this EMA: double MA=iMA(NULL,0,2,-3,MODE_EMA,PRICE_TYPICAL,0); If I set a negative value in MA_Shift (-3 in my case), in the EA my MA value is0. Why? Could you help me about this? Thanks.
[Deleted]
Good day? HOW DO I DECLARE THE SYNTAX AND WRITE THE CODE : If LOW and HIGH of 3 BARS >13EMA Thanx.
  THE 2007 TRADING CHAMPIONSHIP!  (100   1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10)
I invite all forum participants to give their opinions on AUTOMATED TRADING CHAMPIONSHIP 2007 ! It will be useful for the organisers. Personally, I think it should be at least 6 months long
Hi, Any one please show me how to call a custom indicator form an expert. I try to writean expert that call a trigger indicator (post in this website), however it doesnot work. i make a function and coppy than pase trigger indicator code in thereso i can called this function from my expert but it...
Theoretical Basis of Building Cluster Indicators for FOREX Cluster indicators are sets of indicators that divide currency pairs into separatecurrencies. Indicators allow to trace the relative currency fluctuation, determinethe potential of formating new currency trends, receive trade signals and...
Tricolor Indicators and Some Opportunities for Maximal Simplification of WritingIndicators In this article the author dwells on some means of increasing indicators' informationalvalue for visual trading. The author analyzes the realization of tricolor indicators,indicators, for...
[Deleted]
Greetings, I have just begun writing my first EA, but I need some help from the gurus andveterans of MQL4. I have experience writing code in C++ so I'm pretty comfortablewriting in MQL4. But for some reason I can't figure this one out. I'm writing a simple program to update the stoploss of my...
[Deleted]
How can retrieve the details of an opened position, like open price, time, t/p priceetc. to different variables. Anyone please help, Thank you in advance.
  EA not open positions  (11   1 2)
[Deleted]
Hello I have a question regarding the Automated Trading Championships Data feed. Where will the data feed be comingfrom and where can I acquire the history data for optimizing EAs. The reason I ask is because the data that canbe downloaded from the Metaquotes Teminal is very different from the...
[Deleted]
Is there a way I can message box or some sort of pop up that has a label/text boxinput for a script. I working on some troubleshooting alerts/messages where the user can input morethan just a yes, no or cancel.
[Deleted]
Is it possible to trade multiple currencies using the same EA? Can this only bedone by using a separate chart for each currency?
On the Automated Trading Championship 2007 website, article "10 Days of Registration" has been published. It gives a brief summary of the first 10 days of registrationfor participation in the Automated Trading Championship 2007. Over 370 developershave already applied for participation in the...
Please be informed that a new article by Eugeni Neumoin, ZUP - Universal ZigZag with Pesavento Patterns, has been translated and published in the Articles section of our MQL4 Community. The article gives a short description of ideas underlying indicator ZUP - UniversalZigZag with Pesavento Patterns...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, a Video Interview with Stanislav Starikov has been published. Stansilav is a member of the Championship Jury and acceptanceof Expert Advisors is one of his duties. In his interview, he tells about registrationproblems that took place during...
  is this a bug??  (1)
hello   I had wrote this code however, it behaves strange, the loops should start at zero , but it start at 68 (loop with index i). any help on this ?!   regards     #property copyright "Abc"#property link ""int SetupsCount =80;int PercentageCount =6;int SetupLevels =16;...
i try to read the string from a csv file that contains more than 4095 string lenght.But the string i got from the FileReadString function is always contain the lenght of 4095. Is this the highest limit of readinga the string from a file?
[Deleted]
Can OrderSend return -1 in the backtester? I have an EA which gets different results in the backtester depending on if I handleOrderSend errors.
[Deleted]
How do I retrieve the date-time for a specified bar? I looked at the date-time functionsbut couldn't find an answer or I probably overlooked. For example, in the following sample code, I am trying to write the date, open,high, low and close to a file. How do I find the date of the bar being used ?...
[Deleted]
Today, for some reason, whenever I switch any of my charts to the 5 minute timeperiod I lose my candlestick view and get nothing but short hyphens on the screen. I can switch to any another time period and the candlesticks display without anyproblems. Also when I switch to 5 minute, the software...
[Deleted]
Can somebody tell me how i can open one position at a time in each of the majorpairs. At present i have the Orderstotal function set at <1 but this only letsone position be executed in total throughout all the charts whereas ideally i wouldlike to  be able to have 4 or 5 positions opened each one...
A year ago we conducted the Automated Trading Championship 2006 co-sponsored bySpacevision Switzerland SA, FXDD and Interbank FX LLC. During its conduct, a lot of new information was gathered: state of accounts and Expert Advisors’ journals of all Participants (statements of the Winners: Rich,...