MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1620

Let's say you have a moving average on a chart, and you want to get that into aseperate window at the bottom of the screen, you would think that by just changing#property indicator_chart_window into #property indicator_separate_window and doneis done. But the problem here is that the price...
How can I modify an EA code to open multiple trade upon a signal change ? E.g. two 1 lots instead of one 2 lots.
[Deleted]
Is it possible to buy or sell at exaclty open prices (+- 2 pips), I'm trying touse Open prices instead of the Ask or Bid (see sample codes below) but it doesn'twork with the OrderSend & OrderClose. What I want to do is to buy or sell at the first market priceof each hour (H1) (see sample chart...
[Deleted]
Hi there, I wrote my own EA and I'm testing it with MetaTrader Optimizer.. On simple testing it's okay, I got the report and graph. But when I want to optimize the 2 main vars of my EA, the 2 panels related to varsoptimization stay blank. Here is how my vars are coded, out of any function: Code...
The Future Of Automated Or Robot Forex It's likely that in the near future there will be more programmers offering theirskills to code MetaTrader and other programmable forex trading robots. And as an alternative, there will be more providers of 'labs' and automated tradingsoftware where a trader...
[Deleted]
Anyone who knows how to put protective buys or sells on the outside of a grid? let's assume a grid is placed between 10 and 20, then I would like the EA to placeone pending sell order at 8 and one buy at 12 that will equal 75-100% of outstandinglots, as a hedge. Is that possible? If that is...
Hi, Anyone encounter this problem or have a solution for it. I have been running EAs using MetaTrader 4 running on Windows Server 2003 withno major problem. However, I have recently added MessageBox or MessageBoxA to my EA. I realise to my horror that whenever the line of code using any of the...
Received following message from metaquotes: The verification of your Expert Advisor is complete. Expert Advisor checking report: ----------------------- 2007.09.20 12:19 loading ak_system on GBPJPY:60 12:20:03 2007.01.24 11:24 ak_system: stopped because of Stop Out ------ what does this mean 200 kb
  Heiken Ashi Zma  (5)
Hey Guys can anyone help me find a working version the one I have locks up my computer.
Hi I have made a script and runs smoothly on live. But have a problem on Strategy tester. if( this == that ) close() does not workin strategy mode Im using the close() that came with editor int close() { bool result; double priced; int cmd,error; //---- if(OrderSelect(0,SELECT_BY_POS...
Hi I noticed sleep(900000) does not work in strategy tester. What I would like is the start to run every 15 minutes and not on every tick. Howcan I do this? L.
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm trying to write an Expert Advisor, tho I am not very far along. Could someonehelp me with some programming? What I am trying to do is have a trade open when the price closes between the 1and 2 standard deviation bollinger bands. I thought I had figured it out, but whenI went and backtested...
[Deleted]
On the given site there are results of testing of the automatic dealer (Expert Advisor)for the program for Meta Trader 4. http://www.forex-expert.net I wish to learn your opinion.
double a[]; for (int i=0; i<Bars; i++) { a[i] = (3*Close[i]+Open[i]+High[i]+Low[i])/3; } ......... what`s wrong with the code above?the a[i] seems get nothing?when I used Print()to check the a[i], I found a[i] is zero,why? can somebody help me ? Thanks!
[Deleted]
  MQL forum  (69   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
I propose to make this forum only for discussing MQL. Anything not directly related to program writing should be banned. There are enough other places on the net for self-affirmation and flooding
i have a multicurrency EA and i always get the mail that i have to much errors,but only the error 4106. this is a normal error and i read in your articel that this will be ok for multicurrencyEA. in the description there is a information about the fact of muticurrency EA. butuntil now my EA is...
How one can change a custom indicator to one of main indicators of MT4 In main indicators, one can draw indicator of another indicator (e.g. MA of RSI),but it is not possible for custom indicators
[Deleted]
Here is the code:       ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, max_slippage, Ask, max_slippage, Ask-take_profit*Point, Ask+lot_size*Point, "Long Order", 31337, 0, Green);      write_time("OrderSend BUY");      if(ticket<0)       {        Print("OrderSend failed with error #",GetLastError());...
when I submit my personal details in the Private field the Message box alert : Select language what dose it mean? I can't finish the regristration. By the way:Passport number is necessary? Can idcard number be used? I don't have a passport, because it is no use for me . If Passport number is
why my account is count in litigation benoit
[Deleted]
  Standard to Mini  (2)
What is the difference when coding to get it to run on a mini account rather thena standard account? I have a working program, but it wont run on a mini account. Any suggestions? Thanks
Would MetaQuotes please explain and/or actually look at the Terminal code and sort out or something... I have depended on how this function works... is this too much to ask? Like I read the docs and assumed that such a simple bit of coding would actually work as documented... how wrong [yet again] I...
  Hiding code  (1)
I'm new to MQL4 but have been programming for over 25 years. Is there a way to distribute an indicator without distributing the source? If so, how does the user load it?
Hello, i completed my registration today in all details, how long will it take, that iknow all is ok or i have to change some little details (but dont think so, allrules are accounted). i hope for a answer. thanks
my mt via server by the proxy server , but i tried to send report by ftp it doesn'twork, click test , nothing happend, and the journal record nothing.
Hello again, As you know, I already downloaded RobotPowerM5_meta4V12, Copyright @ 2005 from this site. I tried to use it but, alas, I'm not capable with computer language or somethinglike that, so I don't understand what I must do after download it... :( So, how to use it in Meta Trader? Can anyone...
Please be informed that an article devoted to working under firewalls and antivirusprograms has finally been translated into English. Abstract: The most of traders use special programs to protect their PCs. Unfortunately, theseprograms don't only protect computers against intrusions, viruses and...
[Deleted]
First I would like to say thanks to anyone who helps me with this EA. Im a newbat programming and have been working really hard to try and get an EA that willtrade based on the standard momentum indicator. My idea is to only have one positionopen at a time. If no position is open then the EA will...
[Deleted]
I have a trading system that i have purchased, (I don't have the code) and I wouldlike to add a trailing stop automation to the trades.  Can I have the purchasedautotrader initiate the trade and then have on another chart window, have anotherexpert advisor monitor the trades and initiate the...
I have some real basic code here but I can't seem to get it to work because I donot know how to get the ticket number from current or open order. int start(){ double buyhigh = High[iHighest(NULL, 0, MODE_HIGH, iBarShift(NULL, 0, OrderOpenTime()),0)]; if (Close[PERIOD_M1] > Open[PERIOD_M5])...