MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1436

Hello, I've downloaded 3 scripts on a forum but my Meta Editor can't compile them; I desperately need to use them. Each time I click on the compiler button, it says: "could not launch the compiler". I don't know what to do to solve this problem. I have two MT4's installed once from InstaForex and...
Greetings all, I need a code that will only allow my expert to go long if the last trade was short and only go short if the last trade was long. Thanks...........
This code gives me the occasional order modify error 1. It seems like the code checks that the stop isn;t the same so not sure why the error occurs;       if (TrailingStop >0)      {         int totaltrail = OrdersTotal();         for(int itrail=totaltrail-1;itrail>=0;itrail--)...
In the strategy tester mode,can i open placing orders(buylimit/buystop/selllimit/sellstop)? I test my EA include opening placing order,MT4 return error 130,but after I modify placing order to market order,order opened success. //ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYLIMIT,lots,Ask,slippage_3...
How do you draw fibo retracement lines onto the chart permanently?
I want to find the overnight high and low between 2 times but am having some anomalies in the numbers. Is this code correct? For example, at 0600 we work out out the highs and lows of all candles from 1900 to 0559 It doesn't seem to be counting back to the 1900 candle at present. double StartHour =...
[Deleted]
hello can i get some help about the code to stop expert from open new trades if there is open trades  thank you
[Deleted]
See here for code in thinkswim.script http://www.thinkscripter.com/2009/03/16/kaufman-efficiency-ratio/ ANy chance of having this in MT4 ?
[Deleted]
I've written a very basic MACD indicator that returns 1 when the MACD crossed upwards through the MACD signal in the PRECEDING sample period (be it 1H, 4H etc), -1 when the MACD crossed downwards through the MACD signal and 0 otherwise. The indicator fires off correctly when I just plot a normal...
[Deleted]
I have and indicator that draw objects(numbers) when certain conditions met, but when online i have to switch between time frames to refresh it (so it can draw ) is there a way to updated it every tick
Hello all, I sincerely hope that the developpers will not forget to add more acclimatization into MT5. I cannot imagine a platform like MT4 which should be an advanced trading platform doesn't even have the option to close all open positions with one click. I hope this little thing will be included...
Heiken Ashi Smoothed indicator(attached) Would anybody help me with the code so that it displays a horizontal line -where there is a signal change? ...And can it be given the signal color? Thanks.
Hello to whom it may concern, Learning this lanugage is a challenge. A challenge of which I accept, but I sure could use some experienced person who could lend a hand to explain a few basic steps. Once I can get the idea, I would be willing to help others. But at this time I am so lost . It has...
Anything wrong with this? I keep getting an order modified error.      int totaltrail = OrdersTotal();      for(int itrail=totaltrail-1;itrail>=0;itrail--)      {         if( OrderSelect(itrail,SELECT_BY_POS) && OrderCloseTime()==0 )          {            if( OrderType()==OP_BUY ) {...
Is the result of MetaTrader backtest false due the overfiting?
Im working on my first EA. Ive got hostorical data dating back a couple years to backtest and one case i need help with is when the bottom completely drops out. as seen in the picture im ataching. Clipped from my EUR-USD M15 backtesting chart, the trade before the dropout is satisfactory however it...
[Deleted]
i wrote in my test stratege like below: int start() { Alert(TimeToStr(TimeCurrent())); return(0); } in 5min-10min, stratery test gave not any infomrtion,no lert,no message . The journal showed me the message "Testgenerator:no ticks generated" What's wrong?
hi community, my name is chz and i am pretty new to mql4. i like trading forex very much and i also like the idea of coding a mechanical strategy that leads to success in most of the trades. therefor i have made a nice collection of precommands like do while / enddo if / else / endif var-name =
[Deleted]
Hi, I am personally Grateful to everyone assisting others here, and I wish all of you the best you wish yourself. Please Kindly assist me with a code that will Automatically Delete Pending Orders that were not trigered after 30minutes. i have tried several options within my undestanding using...
  Split number  (3)
I want code to split number and text, every number and text after "," will be add to variable. example : 454,343,55464,2342,85675,asad Anyone can help me make the codes plz
I am tryingto draw a trend line of the bid prices raised to the z power (where z is avariable). Just have a few questions about object draw.: What does time1, price1, time2, price2, and time3, price3 mean? The help file just says time part and point.If I choose current window to be 0,...
[Deleted]
  True meaning of volume.  (17   1 2)
I am interested if anyone know what is true meaning of volume available in metatrader. Is it number of contracts traded in given time period? Is the data provided from local broker data or is it provided from external sources and it represents total number of traded contracts on the market? How is...
I've seen similar EA which worked great in the last two years but were complete rubbish till 2008. So I've been wondering if there is any logic explanation for it and if you have such a EA, is there any chance it could work for the next year or so? What is your opinion on that?? Is it worth running...
Hi Gurus, I seem to be running in to Timed Out issues !! Now my question - Are there any thresholds, like you should not have your start function running for more than so long ? What if I want my init function to wait until the moment a new bar has just formed and then start it's INITIALIZATION...
[Deleted]
Ok I thought I would try mu first indicator from screatch, up till now I have changed and or modified many code with little problem. So I tried one from the beginning. If someone could look at it and tell me my error I would appreciate it very much. i am not looking for you to fix as I need to...
I am getting a lot of these errors in my code: Alert: Order 153 failed to close. Error:4108 Any ideas why? //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                    Manage open trades by ATR.mq4 |//|                      Copyright © 2009,...
Hi, I am trying to code an EA which looks to see if the last bar had a close near the centre and if it did buy or sell on a breakout of the high or low of the same bar but the opening of orders does not happen when I expect. Any ideas? Thanks very much. Code follows....
[Deleted]
I'm working on an EA that functioned until this afternoon. Where is the data regarding an open order stored? The open order count is correct at '6', and I receive the 'Here...' alert 6 times for each cycle. I do not get into the code after the 'if'. In thinking back, the only think I can think...
[Deleted]
  innitial set up  (7)
OK so here is my question. i am not new to forex but new to auto trading. as an example if i wanted to sell the eur/usd and Aus/usd at 3pm every day with an oco order how would i do that?
Very basic question but I still haven't learned this. Can EAs draw trend lines on the chart? I want my EA to draw the GBPUSD bid prices on my EURUSD chart. If its possible please point me in the right direction. I need to know which commands I'll need to study and if there are script templates out...