MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1102

Can someone help me understand why my ea took the following trade? Sell on July 1 @ 17:17 for 1.44657 My EA is telling it NOT to sell if the Stoch is going up. Did I miss something? I have looked at this every way I can... going cross eyed. This is on the 4 hour chart. I don't know how to...
Hey, I am new to MQL (thats why my EA is so simple) and I'm getting this error but I have no idea why... The solution is probably very simple, but I just don't see it. I think the best would be just to post my EA code, thanks for your help! extern int MATimeframe = PERIOD_H4; extern int...
[Deleted]
  CCI indicator  (6)
Does anyone have a CCI indicator that is in a bar format as opposed to a line?
[Deleted]
I am trading my strategy for a couple of months now and it is giving me good rewards. Now I tried to code the strategy myselfe (read many books and tutorials) but just cant get it done. I am ready to share the strategy of course with the one who will help me out and code it
Megaproject Dear forum participants, programmers and traders. I invite you to join me in creating a great Expert Advisor (in terms of volume of work and complexity). Which will include a fairly large number of trading systems. Here, everyone can offer their views, their system, and choose the
[Deleted]
Hello ; the indicator that I create is to indicate if line 1 > line 2 or line 2 > line 1 for all time frame : as you can see on the picture I would like to know if black line crosses over the red one (the indicator on down ) or not : and I calculate the difference : so I must call this indicator...
Hi guys, I just have a simple question. I am trying to use a custom indicator in an EA. What the custom indicator basically does is it adds 2 MAs from two variables that use iMA(), and sends that to a buffer. I then use iMAonArray() on that buffer to get another indicator as a crossover. This is...
[Deleted]
Hi! It's me again. I recently opened a thread concerning the problems I had with my version of GetRatesItemValue. But now there is some new strange trouble. (I open this thread because no one wrote a comment in the old one.) At the moment I'm trying to code functions in the dll which have access to...
[Deleted]
Hello ; I don't know if you understand my problem but sometimes I have the similar problem . I have 8 buffers ExtMapBuffer but the code need to use another array (2 arrays) here tableau1 and tableau2 here i the code (simple) double tableau1[];double tableau2[];int...
I use this tool to draw angled trendlines and the default value for the line isa ray. I then deselect the ray option to obtain a shorter line. However when Iuse that same tool again for a new line it automatically defaults back to a rayline. Is there a way to toggle that option so that when I use...
I have been working with iCustom and have tested a number of iterations of the parameters of this function and now understand how this function works. In other words, I have tied out the chart results with the EA called results. I though cannot explain why the following indicator does not give me...
Greetings Forex Friends! After spending about half a week on the drawing board, I've found something that seems to work in Excel. Gonna try my hand at coding this sometime today. I manually charted sixteen trades on USDCAD H1 chart between the end of June and the end of August 2011. Results were $6...
Please can someone tell me whats if anything is wrong with my thinking assuning the prices for each pair are correct: Values for 1 Lot: EURUSD 10,000 x (eurusd price) 1.3895 = $13895 GBPUSD 10000 x (gbpusd price) 1.5958 = $15958 EURJPY 10000 x (eurjpy price) 105.79/(usdjpy price)76.135 = $13895...
If i was using candlestick chart type to view the chart then i can't see the line chart on current window is their any script/indicator that can show me the line chart on candlestick chart ( wanted to see both chart type candlestick & line chart on same window ) ?
[Deleted]
Is it possible to use multiple time frames within an EA and if so then could you link me to some documentation on it. I want my EA to do this: if 15 minute chart indicator x is giving a buy signal then if 5 minute indicator z is giving a buy signal then open order I am new to expert advisors, any...
[Deleted]
Hello ; firstly I would like to represent my indicator like that : it's a great indicator that I found here :https://www.mql5.com/en/code/9402 but my problem is I would like to do the same but instead of moving average, I 'm basing on my own indicator that I call histogramtrend (it' s similar to...
  Objprop_Angle??  (7)
Hi, Has anybody got ObjectGet("objectname", Objprop_Angle) to work? Draw a simple trend line between 2 points and try to get the angle? I don't think this function works but please prove me wrong! thanks
Hello Everyone. I am new to coding, however have been trading a while. I bought and read the "Expert Advisor Programming" book by Andrew Young. I found this very helpful and am currently making a VERY simple EA, however as I said I am new to coding - but want to get into it and give it a go. A...
How can i send/receive messages between MT4 and C++
Hello, I wrote an EA to collect data from MT4 into excel. I need the high, low and the day of the week of an hourly bar.And I use it as backtest . So I set a starting date and an end date. I get all the info in excel. BUT! I get a limit number of lines, only 274 lines of data. Is it possible to get...
  days range  (5)
I am not a technie but understand how the code has been written. I want a custom indicator which shows the day's range. i got the following code from other indicator as a part of other infos. but i want the range to be on right top or bottom with bigger font and color which i can customize...
[Deleted]
hi guys,i got a problems with this EA, can someone please help me fix it ? i added a multiplier for the EA and when i change multiply to 1.6,the step always not following the parameter like step3 jump to step9 and no open step4. I got no idea for it,so please help :( B Regards Geo
  Units vs Lots  (7)
I'm battling with lots vs units oanda style.... My base is $USD - I want to sell $10000 eurusd @ 1.3890 and $10 000 eurjpy @ 105.97 each. So on the oanda platform it gives it as 7 179 units each, what would that be in lots for MetaTrader and how do I get there ? Probably going to kick myself, but...
Is anyone else out there having problems with putting in a search term such as iCustom and not getting any results? Is there a browser setting that could be causing my problems? I have also had problems with multiple terms. In other words searching for two words with a "&" operator as suggested in...
MT4 used to add a "[tp]" to the comments when my trades reached their limit. Now, when they reach their limit, it adds "[tp/a]". The person on the phone at my broker doesn't know -- she claims it is my EA putting it in :) Just curious: Is this a change you made at metaquotes or is this a change my...
Hi Folks, I'm probably going to look like a right ass now, but I can't get this figured. Might be the flu that's fried the brain, but instead of hurting myself trying to figure this out I thought I'd ask. I want to calculate the positions value. So let's say I bought Eurusd 0.8 lots at 1.2345,...
This code works: string getSTRField(string query) { string result; string row; int length=StringLen(query); int res2 = mysql_real_query(mysql,query,length); int res = mysql_store_result(mysql); if(res==0) { Print("result of query stored = 0!!"); Print("GetLastError...
I am using two demo accounts with 2 diferrent brokers, i don't understand why the grafical view is diferent using the same moving average, scale etc
[Deleted]
Dear All, Can anyone explain to me about the following trading criteria (MQL4 Book - Simple Programs in MQL4 - Simple Expert Advisor), especially what is the meaning of "Distance between MAs "(double Rastvor = 28.0 / / Distance the between MAs), Thank you....
[Deleted]
This is the first sound Alert I have ever put in a code. The simple things always turn out to be a bug for me. I looked at an example but I didn't see any variable for Playsound. Would help if I could make this work. I have some other issues that I will Post later. Thanks, JimTrader1