MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1091

[Deleted]
Welcome! I am a newbie in MQL4. I tried to create custom indicator for (this indicator "THV3 Trix v4.01 Div.ex4") Draw Up Arrow in Chart Window: Cross-Lines to UP Draw Down Arrow in Chart Window: Cross-Lines to DOWN These my try: There are two problems 1- UP arrow is repeated more than once 2- Down...
I wrote some code for this guy, it writes code to a file.example: FileWrite(handle, Minute()); but he says he doesn't want access every tick but by interval. Is there a way to specify how often something is written to a filewithin start()?
[Deleted]
Hi brothers, need hlep . if someone can help me to add Back Test feature to this indicator ......!!! this indicator comes with alert, what i want is to add arrow to the chart when ever alert is accure ..!! so when i do a back test later on i will find those arrows indicating there was alert(signal)...
Hi Everybody, does anybody know a good description of how to loop through minute values in mql4, way back in time, like 10 years. It should be done as an analysis of an indicator which means it should not be too slow. Thanks for your help, Jacob
Hello, I need your help. I have an Array called A[6] which has 6 values in it ( A[0] = 0.5, A[1]=1.0... ) . I want to transfer these data to another array - B[6], so B[0] should be 0.5 - A[0] - and B[1] should be 1.0 - A[1]. Do I need to transfer the data from array to array by a mechanical...
[Deleted]
Hi guys, I have created a new MACD indicator. The MT4 MACD isn't standard, even though it is calculating its values (MACD & signal) correctly. Some say it isn't. The difference between the standard version and the one of MT4 is in the way each of them plots the MACD value. The standard one plots a...
Good day every one out there using MetaTrader 4 I am a beginner in this field but would like to know how to use the metatrader platform at its limits. Where do I begin in the basics of mettatrader Please help
  Error 129 on OrderClose()  (13   1 2)
Hi guys I have a serious problem I cannot fix: When I try to close a SELL operation by EA, I get always 129 error. I post the code: Alert("Attempting to close the ticket " + ticket); RefreshRates(); if(OrderClose(ticket,0.03,NormalizeDouble(MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(),MODE_ASK)...
Hi, I want to program an EA which is buying or sending a limit order at a defined time. Now my question: Is it better the EA is in a while-Loop all the time or is it better it worked with ticks ? Or to say it in another way, does it change anything in a while-Loop, because I think the brokers
I have been working on an EA for MT4 platform and need help with the code. If some one would be so kind I'll send you what I have and you are more than welcome to use it. I don't want to post it on here for the world to see incase I decide to do other things with it or destroy it all together. I may...
[Deleted]
I have a problem with straddle orders. The Buy stop places orders but the sell stop does sometimes. I have a condition on the straddle orders that it will try to place the orders until both buystop and sell stop are placed. if( (Hour() == start)&&((buyEU == false)&&(sellEU == false))&&(OCOsetEU ==...
After submitting a limit or stop order, how do you know when it is executed? Would OrderOpenTime() gives an invalid datetime if it was pending? Thanks in advance.
how to find the RVI crossing candle HIGH & LOW ?
[Deleted]
I've been developing code on other platforms (Tradestation, WealthLab, etc) for years, but I'm new to MQL. Haven't learned the "tricks" yet, and I think that's biting me. I have a fairly complex indicator that seems to work. Sometimes. And I can't figure out the "sometimes" part. E.g.: I compile...
[Deleted]
I have a problem I have a simple EA which trades when two moving average indicators cross - simple enough. I want to use this on the hour candle and the problem I have is that if the trade condition is true, the trade will occur - which is fine. If the trade stops out - this is also fine either at...
Hello, I am using your advised code snippet     if (Digits == 5 || Digits == 3){    // Adjust for five (5) digit brokers.                pips2dbl    = Point*10; pips2points = 10;   Digits.pips = 1;    } else {    pips2dbl    = Point;    pips2points =  1;   Digits.pips = 0; } But I haven't really...
Hi folks,just want to introduce a an amazing EA that developed.It is a product of about 3 years constant monitoring of price actions.The concept is based on the observation that only the current candle has the answer to the direction of the market .This wonderful EA is a very effective market...
how to check buy or sell action from 2 symbols w/ one EA (chart)? fex. if eurusd = sell && gbpusd = buy if ( OrderType ()>OP_SELL && OrderSymbol ()==EURUSD)
at terminal there are such messages as datacenter connecting failed[6],dataceter connecting failed[2], old version of server,old ... .etc, what do they mean ? how to resolve it ?do there have affect on ea ? my ea do not trade for a week, normally it trade every day .
[Deleted]
  Printing Excersise  (19   1 2)
From the Expert Adviser Wizard, I have selected custom indicator and only put this print line on it. I dropped it on a chart which has an EA running and a trade progressing opened by that EA. I got nothing printed on the chart. Is it because of the magic # or something else? Can you tell me what I...
Dear All, We have created autotrader with Fractal.There is one problemwe cannot solve. The Ordersend function sending order until Fractal Up is not true. I need that It sent order just one time on each Fractal down. Please check the code and let me know how can I solve this problem.
[Deleted]
  RSI Average Indicator  (19   1 2)
I have rewritten the RSI indicator using the RSI function and added a moving average to it. As you can see in the code, I've written 2 'for' loops for each of the RSI and MA. In this way, I have no issues with the indicator. I tried to put them both in a single loop but got the indicator to plot...
  Please help,  (8)
Hi guys, I tried to get a median from an array, but I got 0, I don't know where it's wrong, could you help and correct this code please ?, thank you //======================================================================== double median,array1[]; avr1 = 11.45; avr2 = 4.6; avr3 = 7.781254; avr4 =...
[Deleted]
I would like to plot the 30M, 1H, and 4H lines of the attached indictor and view both from a single chart. Is there a method to do that without adding code to the actual indicator to plot the extra lines? If not, could anyone help me with adjusting the code that calculates its a bit beyond my...
Hi all I need to create some sort of tolerance code to be + or - 2 or something similar ? Here is what I did so far bool tweezerbottoms = false;         if(Bid < B && Low[2]*pips2points==Low[1]*pips2points)            {            tweezerbottoms = true;            if(tweezerbottoms ==...
Dear All, This is ruining my day! I have had this funny indicator that has crashed the MetaTrader platform.I have deleted the whole metatrader and deleted everything else from C/, After then I downloaded MetaTrader from MetaTrader website but I just can not open the platfrom, if I want...
How does the report calculate the maximum drawdown if there were NO losses ? Lets say an EA shows 100% profitable trades, why is there a maximum drawdown showing a % and report when there was no losses ? Does it memorize if there was some drawdown on a trade even though the trade may not be a loser...
First of all i´m a newbie... Right now I´m running the strategy tester and I want simulate a month with 1 hour resolution. This takes forever... Is this normal? If I use visual mode I can see every tick is used, for the hour... I don´t mean this is wrong, that the tester is accurate. But I just...
Hi I am new here and this prolly a silly question. I would like to script and testthis weekend. Cause the market is closed over weekend I cant. Is there softwareor something to simulate past data? Anybody got any ideas? L.
[Deleted]
Hey I'm relatively new to forex trading/metatrader, so I apologize in advance if I'm asking amateur questions. I've programmed a bot which I think is doing well, but I'd like help from some pros on interpreting the report. For example, what should my profit factor be at? Should I care about modeling...